PDA

View Full Version : WTS 50 Monk PL

Tudana
11-05-2010, 06:28 PM
Power leveler for hire
EST time zone

1-30 1.5k per hour
30-40 2k per hour with cleric
(my wife joins us for my heals to keep your exp flowing)
40+ 2.5k per hour with cleric
(my wife, she dont do nufin for free)

please read the fine print

I work weekends only

2 client limit
I do break for guild raiding when scheduled

If I start with a lv 1, I will use my druid to get you leveled out of the lower levels.

(I do not know the exp estimate, I am still logging this info for reference, all will be posted here on this thread)

I do know I will pull continually while on the clock and exp will flow fast, this I will guarentee you.

Barring any camped zones/camps my leveling zones are:
These may change as I adjust my times calculate exp/hr

1-15 EC / befallen

15-30 unrest

30-40 solA/Guk/paw

40-45 guk (minos)

please PM me here or online (/tell sargon) to set up a time.

Tudana
11-06-2010, 09:47 AM
Nov 5: PL session
<race> Shadowknight
7 hours from 33-36
30 min brk: had to move locations from CT to SolA
45 min brk: reestablish camp / bank / food
---------
Nov 6: PL Session: 5am - 11:00am
human Monk
5 hours from 18-27
location Unrest basement
---------

SmokeinMirrors
11-08-2010, 07:39 PM
Power leveling is allowed here? That's sad =/

Zyth
11-08-2010, 07:50 PM
For reference, what race was that Shadowknight?

Crone
11-08-2010, 07:50 PM
Power leveling is allowed here? That's sad =/

You're kidding right? What part about power leveling is so detrimental to your experience that it shouldn't be allowed?

SmokeinMirrors
11-08-2010, 07:55 PM
You're kidding right? What part about power leveling is so detrimental to your experience that it shouldn't be allowed?

Power leveling was always frownd on when I used to play. It's cheating imo. So was twinking. I just thought a classic server would frown upon such things.

Crone
11-08-2010, 07:59 PM
I guess different servers had different view points. All of the servers that I was on never had any issues with PLing or twinking. Was quite normal.

Droxx
11-08-2010, 08:07 PM
Power leveling was always frownd on when I used to play. It's cheating imo. So was twinking. I just thought a classic server would frown upon such things.

You played EQ, right?

SmokeinMirrors
11-08-2010, 09:05 PM
You played EQ, right?

Of course, played from 99-2005 then again in 2007 when Prog server was released.

Powerleveling is nothing more than buying levels via cash or platinum. Levels are increased at a rate that skills cannot keepup with and therefore you have an inferior hero. Twinking causes the same problem just at a different rate. All you have is a gimped hero with good items. The problem is also that, that person, does not get the experience with their hero that they should have. I don't see what's the difference in someone powerleveling vs someone 2-boxing.

Jeah
11-08-2010, 09:34 PM
Of course, played from 99-2005 then again in 2007 when Prog server was released.

Powerleveling is nothing more than buying levels via cash or platinum. Levels are increased at a rate that skills cannot keepup with and therefore you have an inferior hero. Twinking causes the same problem just at a different rate. All you have is a gimped hero with good items. The problem is also that, that person, does not get the experience with their hero that they should have. I don't see what's the difference in someone powerleveling vs someone 2-boxing.

I don't know what server or what group of people you hung out with that frowned upon these things but they have always been a big part of EQ. If someone wants to twink a character out and group with people, they are just doing the group a favor in the end. The only lame thing someone could do is power level one person in a popular spot that a full group would usually take.

Also, there is a massive difference between a plvl (generally a friend helping another friend) and someone consistently playing two characters. It should be a pretty obvious difference so I'm not going to bother typing anymore on this subject.

SmokeinMirrors
11-08-2010, 10:10 PM
Eh still seems like a double standard though. Why not just have the devs put a +200% exp modifier and play the game like it should be? I thought that's what these servers were supposed to be about, playing the game legitimately. Either case, I still look forward to being in game sometime this week, though I must admit this is a little dissapointing.

Crone
11-08-2010, 10:41 PM
Why should your views on power leveling effect everyone on the server? If you don't like it, don't participate in it.

These servers are about playing the game how it was back in 1999 and onward. Not your scewed version of what is or is not legitimate.

hablabba
11-08-2010, 10:49 PM
Powerleveling is and always will be a part of the game. Why should people not be able to derive benefit from their friends to help them level? Also just how is powerleveling not legitimate?

Whole point of EQ is the user experience, so what if someone wants to PL and enjoys leveling as fast as humanly possible. Just because it's not your version of fun doesn't make it any kind of a "double standard"

President
11-08-2010, 10:54 PM
Eh still seems like a double standard though. Why not just have the devs put a +200% exp modifier and play the game like it should be? I thought that's what these servers were supposed to be about, playing the game legitimately. Either case, I still look forward to being in game sometime this week, though I must admit this is a little dissapointing.

Can you please make a post with all of your in-game names so we all know yo avoid you.

Thanks.

Rhambuk
11-08-2010, 11:20 PM
What do you do with all of your money if you don't twink....

I can't imagine.

SmokeinMirrors
11-08-2010, 11:58 PM
Wow you guys are being extremly defensive over this topic. Sheesh. I didn't mean to start up a flame war. I'll kindly apologize. Didn't think it was such a sensitive topic.

Ronas
11-09-2010, 12:01 AM
If it makes u feel any better, the last monk that offer this service got banned, but not because he was plvling.

Fists
11-09-2010, 01:50 AM
This is absolutely ridiculous. Why would there be level restrictions on items in a classic server? That's how it was on live. This game would be horrendous with level limits or "soul bound" type of items. I have never heard of either power leveling or twinking being seen as something detrimental, or frowned upon. The only reason I play this game is because there is an actual market, an actual economy to play and keep up with.

Tudana
11-09-2010, 07:44 AM
For the record...I am doing this to afford myself resist gear and important raiding potions and jewlery need for pulling, along with this, my wieght restirctions make it needed that I also purchase tinker bags to carry all this stuff around with me, tink bags are expensive.

I can not solo farm cash like many other classes, this is a service I can do and do better then other classes in lvs 20+ and make some plat in doing it

Now Leave my thread please, I have customers waiting! (but thanks for the bumps)

Tudana
11-09-2010, 07:48 AM
time frame reference for consideration.

location Unrest basement (PLed a monk Sunday Morning)
start lv 18
end lv 27

9 lvs / 5 hours

warrioman
11-09-2010, 11:16 AM
mage PL > monk PL

Tudana
11-09-2010, 02:01 PM

Hmmm I think DE...I honestly didnt pay attention to race.

Zarniwooop
11-09-2010, 03:25 PM

If you are a melee raider and you have no 50 caster alt, you effectively cannot make money in a timely fashion unless you get stupid lucky in groups (which you'll never get on good farm targets). Power leveling as a monk is the one decent way to make a living. Scorn it if you must, but getting your resist gear together isn't cheap.

Zarniwooop
11-09-2010, 03:26 PM
mage PL > monk PL

Only at low level.

citizen1080
11-09-2010, 04:06 PM
mage PL > monk PL

Ive heard this before, how is it better exactly? It does not seem very efficient to sack and resummon a pet for each mob. Or am i missing some other way for mages to wipe aggro?

Sorry to derail thread, I am looking forward to seeing what your 35+ pl times look like.

Tudana
11-12-2010, 08:34 AM

Yes, his race was a DE

Snigel
11-12-2010, 08:59 AM
Ive heard this before, how is it better exactly? It does not seem very efficient to sack and resummon a pet for each mob. Or am i missing some other way for mages to wipe aggro?

Sorry to derail thread, I am looking forward to seeing what your 35+ pl times look like.

At higher levels the monk will have downtime to bandage i guess. I figure there's pretty much no downtime as a mage

Slathar
11-12-2010, 09:01 AM
At higher levels the monk will have downtime to bandage i guess. I figure there's pretty much no downtime as a mage

Mend refreshes with zoning now, so if you're anywhere near a zone the downtime is almost zero.

karsten
11-12-2010, 09:16 AM
I love you droxxypoo, this much: 8===========================D---

nalkin
11-12-2010, 10:15 AM
Fire pet kills things faster than a monk also there is 0 downtime on a mage since desummoning a pet will give you nearly full mana return (med the rest during the fight). On top of that mages get a DS so that you can fight mobs that don't run. Best xp in the game is in kedge and with a mage you can PL someone on the first two floors (breaking it yourself). If you get the first two floors going it will take about 30 min per level through the 30s.

Monk PL is awesome but Mage PL is the best in game for 20+ because its faster and lets you fight harder mobs.

Droxx
11-12-2010, 10:52 AM
I love you droxxypoo, this much: 8===========================D---

<3333333333 come back to the states sooooooon. need to be an emo kid.

Tudana
11-12-2010, 01:38 PM
Fire pet kills things faster than a monk also there is 0 downtime on a mage since desummoning a pet will give you nearly full mana return (med the rest during the fight). On top of that mages get a DS so that you can fight mobs that don't run. Best xp in the game is in kedge and with a mage you can PL someone on the first two floors (breaking it yourself). If you get the first two floors going it will take about 30 min per level through the 30s.

Monk PL is awesome but Mage PL is the best in game for 20+ because its faster and lets you fight harder mobs.

you know, you could start your own PL thread...just saying :)

ownrage
11-15-2010, 04:19 AM
Approximately how much would it cost to PL a bard to 50? hehe yea seriously to 50.

Tudana
11-15-2010, 01:24 PM
Approximately how much would it cost to PL a bard to 50? hehe yea seriously to 50.

Estimates off the top of my head, I have not docmented all ranges yet for an average.

01-20 ~ 4-6 hrs (befallen)
20-29 ~ 4-6 hrs (unrest)
30-35 ~ 4-6 hrs (solA)
35-40 ~ 4-6 hrs (MM / Guk)
40-45 ~ 4-6 hrs (guk minos)
45-50 ~ 6-8 hrs (kk - I have not done this range yet, this my best guess)

going with high end for hours:
33 @ 1500pp/hr = 49,500pp

Tudana
12-23-2010, 08:00 AM
I am looking for a client for this weekend exp bonus.

1500pp / hour