PDA

View Full Version : Everquest Lore - Velious

Thulghor
08-16-2015, 03:22 AM
I was wondering if anyone has or knows of any decent Everquest Velious background lore and storyline websites or other resources?

I know there used to be stuff like that around, and I'd love to refresh my background information. I really like the dynamic between the dragons, giants, and Coldain dwarves in Velious. A lot of the stuff I've found lately on the subject is Everquest 2 stuff, which is alright I suppose, but I figure that I'm probably missing something.

It's been a good ten or so years since I last looked into any of it, and my mind is a little fuzzy. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Messie
08-16-2015, 03:54 AM
Agreed. I would love to read through velious lore as well!

absol
08-16-2015, 07:51 AM
http://www.elitegamerslounge.com/home/lore/

Pretty good resource there.

Byrjun
08-16-2015, 10:08 AM
Giants hate everyone, and everyone hates giants.

absol
08-16-2015, 12:32 PM
Giants hate everyone, and everyone hates giants.

The story of the giants is the most interesting.

/nerd on

The giants came from an area in northern Antonica. They attacked the gods (with the help of the other rallos zek created races the goblins, ogres and orcs) so The Rathe cursed them and made them stupid. The giants homeland was frozen because of the curse, and it became known as Everfrost. Some giants were able to escape the curse and fled on ships. Prexus attacked them - some were killed. Some turned back, and became scattered throughout Norrath. Ice, fire, hill, mountain - all giants are related. But some giants made it through the storms Prexus sent after them. They settled in Velious, free of the curse, and built a city.

Then the dwaves sent out an expedition, fuelled by greed, to explore and mine distant lands. They landed in Velious and became the Coldain. But that was after the giants got there.

The only faction really to have claim on Velious is the dragons, as Veeshan formed Velious with one slash of her claws, then deposited her young there. They were the first on Velious, the other two just made their way there.

Sorn
08-16-2015, 01:12 PM
http://www.elitegamerslounge.com/home/lore/

Pretty good resource there.

I just learned Kelethin has a mayor. What! Where is that slacker? I've never seen them around. Just goes to show you get what you vote for...clearly no one bothered in the last election.

absol
08-16-2015, 01:39 PM
I just learned Kelethin has a mayor. What! Where is that slacker? I've never seen them around. Just goes to show you get what you vote for...clearly no one bothered in the last election.

Hah, good point. Probably scouring the lands, looking for a female giant!

bktroost
08-17-2015, 01:17 AM
Hah, good point. Probably scouring the lands, looking for a female giant!

Wood Elves are into female giants...? The physics seems impossible at worst and unsatisfying at best.

Sorn
08-17-2015, 01:29 AM
Wood Elves are into female giants...? The physics seems impossible at worst and unsatisfying at best.

I don't know about female giants but the Velious giants are pretty cute in a sarcastic butthead kind of way.

The regular (cursed) giants are fat, stupid, pigeon-toed slobs, though.