PDA

View Full Version : Spells: Translocate

Azlani
08-15-2015, 07:25 AM
The Translocate spells are giving a confirmation box, which is non-classic behavior.

I'm fairly certain the confirmation boxes started with the destination translocate spells that use the reagent. I remember in many groups using translocate to safelty kick out people that had fallen asleep.

Group translocate MIGHT have had this confirmation box, but I don't recall, as I didn't have that spell until post Luclin. I do know that group translocate didn't force the wizard to leave like a port by at least some point, so it probably either had the confirmation box or just didn't apply to the wizard himself.

Ele
08-15-2015, 08:26 AM
Tons of information with classic support in this post:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1660058&postcount=157

Summary of changes and additions:

December 4, 2000 - Velious Release -- Translocate (no confirmation box)
May 8, 2001 - Added Translocate: North Karana, Greater Faydark, Toxxulia, Combine and Group
May 8, 2001 - Added Confirmation yes/no box for all translocate spells.
June 27, 2001 - Added "Lesser" Translocate spells: Cazic-Thule, West Commons, Nektulos, North Ro
June 27, 2001 - Added "Small Portal Fragments".
November 8, 2001 - Added Translocate: Iceclad, Wakening Land, Cobalt Scar, Great Divide. Added Velious Gates/Rings: Great Divide, Cobalt Scar, Wakening Lands.

"Small Portal Fragments" required for CT, WC, Nek, NRo, Iceclad, Wakening Land, Cobalt Scar, Great Divide (Velious Translocates also require target to have appropriate Velious port tooth).
Target being Translocated (any of them) is required to group with the wizard for the life of the server.
Initially there should not be a confirmation box that the target is being translocated. Confirmation box added with May 8, 2001 patch adding "greater" translocate spells.

Ele
10-05-2015, 10:21 PM
Translocate group is dropping and both single and group translocates include a confirmation box at the current time.

Both should be removed until May 2001 patch.

Ele
11-10-2015, 04:31 PM
Not too late to fix this for a couple of months!

-Catherin-
11-10-2015, 04:39 PM
I'm thinking the nature of this server and griefing potential will prevent this classic change :p

Ele
11-10-2015, 05:02 PM
I'm thinking the nature of this server and griefing potential will prevent this classic change :p

Still have to be grouped and in range for any translocate in our timeline. If the wizard wanted to grief, they could just group port Toxx or Iceclad anyway and gate back.

slappytwotoes
11-11-2015, 04:10 AM
This combined with locket binding in ToV is allowing for easier pulling in nToV than should be available in this era.

+1 classic

Colgate
11-11-2015, 06:33 PM
translocate boxes make for some lame shit on red99 in pvp

would luv to see them taken out

Daldaen
11-11-2015, 07:20 PM
TL Boxes would only be taken out for about a month if they pulled them now.

The binding in ToV issue really could use some resolving. Anywho who is bound in ToV really needs to have their bind point reset to EC or something and binding needs to be disabled in ToV. It's not classic and hurts my soul that it was missed in beta.

Daldaen
12-11-2015, 02:39 PM
Another TL issue.

Currently Translocate Group gives the caster a TL box. There should be no way to get a TL box from yourself.

https://web.archive.org/web/20001206181000/http://graffe.com/

Description: This will send your entire group, excluding yourself, to their bind point. Great when used for parting ways after a day of dungeon crawling.

It can be used as a get out of jail free card as a wizard when instead you should have to rely on 1k potions, WC caps, CT potions or Sky necks for your instant teleporting needs like we did in classic!

XiakenjaTZ
12-11-2015, 04:30 PM
I am a wizard and I think being able to have the box up for a few minutes when you go PVP is pretty damn lame.

Perhaps it could be a really short window, have the box lasts 15 seconds or something.

yikes
01-05-2016, 04:39 PM
Bump. Shouldn't be able to translocate yourself. Currently being used for for really lame shit on the pvp server.

botrainer
01-08-2016, 11:56 AM
Dont think this will be applied or it would have been corrected in beta. Server seems to pick and choose what is really classic and whats not. This clearly isnt a big enough issue along with binding indoors to change it asap. Match that up with a progression time line that puts it back in why do work, just to have it removed afew weeks later?

Good luck on the classic revamps to "Classic status" Dont think THIS and Binding indoors will ever be corrected...or Nilbog would have chimed in already correcting said issue(s).

Ele
01-08-2016, 01:13 PM
Dont think this will be applied or it would have been corrected in beta. Server seems to pick and choose what is really classic and whats not. This clearly isnt a big enough issue along with binding indoors to change it asap. Match that up with a progression time line that puts it back in why do work, just to have it removed afew weeks later?

Good luck on the classic revamps to "Classic status" Dont think THIS and Binding indoors will ever be corrected...or Nilbog would have chimed in already correcting said issue(s).

You heard 'em, time to shut down bug reports.

Daldaen
01-08-2016, 01:23 PM
You heard 'em, time to shut down bug reports.

http://m.quickmeme.com/img/63/6382662dd304a2c7294a9a71d8a91fa3c75eeaf6b02dfc7047 c1bde45e5a733b.jpg

But yea, Group TL shouldn't give wizard caster a box.

Vallanor
01-08-2016, 02:11 PM
It can be used as a get out of jail free card as a wizard when instead you should have to rely on 1k potions, WC caps, CT potions or Sky necks for your instant teleporting needs like we did in classic!

I never run through a dangerous zone without a TL box up. It's an absolute life saver. Didn't realize it wasn't classic.

Also since I bound outside ToV and stuff is occasionally trained to the entrance pillars, I usually cast TL, then invis, then I accept the TL for an invis gate. Sadly this probably isn't classic either.

:(