PDA

View Full Version : Mage Monster Summoning 2

dafier
08-14-2015, 01:09 PM
ALL mages level 50 to 56 should be using this pet exclusively right now. 14 AUG 15

This pet hits for a maximum of 56 (quads and kicks/bashes) and has the ability to have the same amount of HP as the level 57 earth pet (about 3200 HP).

It is without a doubt an OP pet for Mages of those levels. Take advantage of it while you can.

B4EQWASCOOL
08-14-2015, 01:29 PM
Earth pet for that range hits for 58 max and has the earth pet hp...

dafier
08-14-2015, 01:52 PM
You are talking 51 earth pet. And yes it is close to the same but the wiki isn't correct on the HP. 51 Earth has more like 2900ish HP.

So with MS2 you get 3200.

EDIT:

Yes, 2 damage loss and a bit more HP with MS2. So....close to 51 Earth. Also, you get a cool looking pet along with a pet that doesn't take a second to cast a spell and tanks just as good as Earth.

Daldaen
08-14-2015, 02:27 PM
MS2 is 200 mana like the pre-50s pets I think also, compared to 300s for the Vocarate line. For spam petting sounds better.

Downside is you cannot focus that pet with a Sol Ro or Staff focus. Not that anyone focuses an earth pet by having an earth staff...

dafier
08-14-2015, 02:55 PM
MS2 is 200 mana like the pre-50s pets I think also, compared to 300s for the Vocarate line. For spam petting sounds better.

Downside is you cannot focus that pet with a Sol Ro or Staff focus. Not that anyone focuses an earth pet by having an earth staff...

All the reason to use this pet right now. It IS OP. And, I certainly hope the devs fix MS3, in regards to my thread in the BUG forums. That right now is worthless, and I don't know why the....poster in the Velious forums said it looked 'fine' during beta. Because it is not and nor was it during beta.

I just didn't get a chance to post about it.

EDIT:

I don't think it is 'Pre-50s'. Because it was released during Velious and the pet was supposed to be fairly strong compared to the 49th level Earth. I am frustrated because I've looked ALL over the place and can't find hard facts. Everyone posts the same crap and a lot of it is contradicting what others say.

WolfsongReborn
08-16-2015, 03:47 PM
This is really great to know. I've been stuck around 56 for a really long time and have been getting frustrated as all hell. I really do not remember mages being this flimsy on live. I had a ton of mage buddies and I would think I woulda heard about it at some point.

My max lvl summon water pet just gets blasted to death even in a lower zone like EW to where its almost pointless to use Muzzle or burnout.

Do these summoned monsters have a range like our regular pets or is it something that is a fixed level?

dafier
08-17-2015, 10:04 AM
This is the classic stats of Monster Summoning Series:

Level 34 - Monster Summoning
Pet Level 29 Damage 34 HP ? Regeneration 6HP/tic

Level 50 - Monster Summoning II
Pet Level 41 Damage 56 HP 3200 Regeneration 30HP/Tic

Level 60 - Monster Summoning III
Pet Level 48 Damage 60 HP 3300 Regeneration 30 HP/tic

I took this from my bug thread. The truth is, MS2 is OP and MS3 is not much of an upgrade.

dafier
08-17-2015, 10:09 AM
All in all a pet that you can get at level 50 which has:

1. 3200 HP (same as 57 Earth pet)
2. Has a max dmg of 56
3. Taunts really well.
4. Has the ability to quad damage.
5. Regenerates the same as all other higher level pets.

Is a beast.

Because I am unsure about the HP amount of the level 34 MS1 pet, I can't comment much about it.

I am just sad that MS3 sucks so much. Luclin, the next expansion fixed the MS3 pet by adding a random proc to the attacks to make up for its lack of dps.

ElemtalRZ
08-17-2015, 01:22 PM
come with a damage shield equil to the fire pet damage shield ratio

dafier
08-17-2015, 02:10 PM
come with a damage shield equil to the fire pet damage shield ratio

IF you have proof of this. A link that is undeniable, please link it in my Bug forum post.

Here: http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206721

Thank you if you find the proof, because I can't find anything other than posts from people saying it has it.

On a side note:

MS3 when I was first testing it, had a max dmg hit of 58 and a lot of the pets summoned were green to level 60. THIS green business shouldn't be. The pet levels follow the level 57+ elemental pet levels which is level 45 to 48 (4 possible level of summons). Those are all 'BLUE' to a level 60.

A couple days ago I was screwing around with my guildies in SG. I summoned some MS3's and saw 1 that was actually hitting for 60 max. So, that was a 'behind the scenes fix'. I did not test the levels though.

jaybone
08-17-2015, 02:14 PM
It doesn't matter. Mages are the redheaded stepchild of the server. Ignored with every bug report regardless of the amount of proof brought to the table.

dafier
08-17-2015, 02:24 PM
It doesn't matter. Mages are the redheaded stepchild of the server. Ignored with every bug report regardless of the amount of proof brought to the table.

Not true. The fix to the damage output was done a day or two after my post. Secondly, it was done on the weekend which is super nice of the staff to take part in this Project during that time.

Even though you may have a point, and I am sensitive to it, please don't flame this thread up.

I appreciate it Jaybone.

WolfsongReborn
08-21-2015, 11:31 AM
This is the classic stats of Monster Summoning Series:

Level 34 - Monster Summoning
Pet Level 29 Damage 34 HP ? Regeneration 6HP/tic

Level 50 - Monster Summoning II
Pet Level 41 Damage 56 HP 3200 Regeneration 30HP/Tic

Level 60 - Monster Summoning III
Pet Level 48 Damage 60 HP 3300 Regeneration 30 HP/tic

I took this from my bug thread. The truth is, MS2 is OP and MS3 is not much of an upgrade.

Oddly enough, I've summoned like 20 pets now with MS2 and all I seem to get are ones that hit for 48. Weird.

dafier
08-21-2015, 04:02 PM
Oddly enough, I've summoned like 20 pets now with MS2 and all I seem to get are ones that hit for 48. Weird.

Your luck is about the same with mine on a few occasions. Keep hope, you will get one that will finally hit for 56.