PDA

View Full Version : My elemental graphics are not classic

Afterburner
08-13-2015, 05:58 PM
It is a problem. I want the big, ugly, blocky, headless elemental graphics of yore.

I have unchecked the box in the login-options which says to display horses and elementals in high-rez graphics. But still, they show up in their non-classic form.

Mind you, I did not log completely all the way out of the client. Do I need to do that? Are there files I need to download?

Your assistance in this matter is appreciated.

Sorn
08-13-2015, 06:04 PM
It is a problem. I want the big, ugly, blocky, headless elemental graphics of yore.

I have unchecked the box in the login-options which says to display horses and elementals in high-rez graphics. But still, they show up in their non-classic form.

Mind you, I did not log completely all the way out of the client. Do I need to do that? Are there files I need to download?

Your assistance in this matter is appreciated.

Log out of game and shut program down. Find your eqclient.ini file, open in Notepad. Find the line that says UseLuclinElementals=TRUE and change it to FALSE. Save file, restart game, and find an elemental to confirm.

Afterburner
08-13-2015, 06:32 PM
Log out of game and shut program down. Find your eqclient.ini file, open in Notepad. Find the line that says UseLuclinElementals=TRUE and change it to FALSE. Save file, restart game, and find an elemental to confirm.

You are the wind beneath my wings.

nyclin
08-13-2015, 06:40 PM
this egregious violation of the classic doctrine should be fixed with client-side blocking of the luclin elementals

if people are allowed to see luclin-era elemental graphics, they will be reminded that it is actually not 1999 and their immersion will be DESTROYED

Slave35
08-13-2015, 06:46 PM

If that doesn't work, find your eqclientwineq.ini file (just below it) and do the above.

indiscriminate_hater
08-13-2015, 07:09 PM
bring back the compass