PDA

View Full Version : Getting Started

Theezey
01-13-2010, 02:32 PM
First of all I am glad that people have the same love of classic, pre-kunark, EQ that I have.

I know that the EMU server is free, but do i also need a sony account (paid account) to get access to the EMU server?

thank you

Brund the Decrepit
01-13-2010, 02:53 PM
Welcome aboard, the addiction re-starts here! :D
Nope, you do not need any subscription to play (donations though are happily accepted to help keep the server/admins up and running.)

Make sure to check out the Getting Started (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=40) thread and post here if you have any questions.
There is a little bit of footwork that needs to be done to get you up and running. Just make sure to walk through the steps one at a time.

Good luck!

Theezey
01-13-2010, 03:00 PM
thank you for the speedy reply.

I have one last question, on the setup page it says only Titanium editions work, but on EQemu page it says Secrets of Faydwer also works, is this true? i have my hand waiting to click the buy now button on eBay ;P

Bigcountry23
01-13-2010, 03:11 PM
SoF has some issues on P99 (Most common I know of is the default bind location drops you under the arena, so if you die w/out getting a bind, you have to re-roll your character).

I recommend Titanium.

Theezey
01-13-2010, 03:24 PM
ok, thank you i'll play it safe and get the titanium edition

IPBannedfornoreason
01-14-2010, 06:31 PM
alot of GM favoritism with the fact that GMs are also playing and are in some guilds, and people who were caught MQing were allowed back on, but by all means have fun