PDA

View Full Version : A unique opportunity: Looking for a guild.

Mitya
08-11-2015, 03:32 PM
This may be a bit premature (as I JUST started on P1999), but I'm looking for a guild to call home. I recently introduced myself in the "Starting" thread, but I am looking to enrich my EQ experience and trying to do so patiently, as to not be washed away by the addiction and nostalgia.

A bit about myself (covered briefly in my previous post): I used to play EQ from launch until a bit after PoP came out, and I rolled a necromancer and never looked back. I leveled from 1-50 completely solo, and leveled from most of 50-60 completely solo as well, which got tricky when I couldn't get any of my darned spells (because I didn't group much and they were drops only). When Luclin came out, I had a few hundred AAs in a matter of weeks. I'm not bragging, just capable at soloing and very sad and lonely.

Eventually I started grouping, and raiding, and enjoyed it, but I deeply regret never finishing my epic (sad series of never getting drops I needed out of PoSky).

I look at P1999 as an opportunity to try something unique! I can probably play, and enjoy, almost any class in EQ. What I DIDN'T have, was an enriching grouping experience when I played. I didn't make long-lasting friendships, I didn't group much, and I looked out for myself mostly (solo player) and I want to change that if I stay on P1999.

Do any guilds want a competent player to fill a slot that is missing? Need a mage, but don't have one? Want a bard? How about a wizard? I can do my homework and, at the very least, could provide decent DPS/Heals/etc depending on what you need. I will try to help out, reciprocate when I can, and provide suitable company! I'll even make bad jokes, free of charge.

Quick Disclaimer: I know casters. My main was a necro for years, and my alts were an enchanter with a few hundred AAs, and a wizard I ended up maxing before quitting. I am sure I can pick up wis casters well (I had a maxed shaman, but no AAs) enough and find the thought of a bard/rogue interesting. I'm not particularly interested in tanking...but I don't mind a challenge!

Bit about my RL: I played EQ as a kid/teen. I'm an adult now, career, family, the works. I can raid, but I can't always "bat phone" raid. I can get away with it on the weekends, maaaaaaybe during the week. Sometimes. But not frequently. Other raid times shouldn't be a huge problem. I'm on MST time zone, west coast (if that matters).

But all that doesn't matter (yet) because I haven't rolled something significant, yet!

Kutsumo
08-11-2015, 05:35 PM
Just IMO - do some research and pick a class that meets your goals and that you feel will be fun to play. If you're good at playing it, you can get in a raiding guild on pretty much any class.

Mitya
08-11-2015, 06:17 PM
Hi Kutsumo,

Thanks for replying -- and you're right, I guess you hit the nail on the head with one of the things you said.

I know I can play any class. In fact, I've played most of them. Some of them at max (for PoP), some of them not. I understand the basics of them all, mastered a few - the thing I didn't or don't have, are friends to play with.

If I wanted to solo again, I'd just grab necro and hit the ground running...but I didn't want that to be my fate for a second time. I'm comfortable with necro. I know it like the back of my hand. But, I feel like I want to try something new. Something that excels in groups.

Kutsumo
08-11-2015, 06:27 PM
You might consider a Rogue, Cleric, or Enchanter if you want to excel in groups/raids and be needed. Each has pros and cons, but Enchanter is the only one among them that's a strong soloer. Rogue is especially tough untwinked as a first character.

Sadre Spinegnawer
08-11-2015, 10:31 PM
why complicate your life. roll a cleric and always be needed. you are the party bottom of eq.

Nikkanu
08-28-2015, 09:57 AM
why complicate your life. roll a cleric and always be needed. you are the party bottom of eq.

Agreed, as a cleric you will be needed regardless of gear. Leveling a cleric I got tells regularly asking me if I wanted to join groups without even having to put /lfg on. I got similar love while leveling up my rogue but he was geared to the teeth from low level... poorly geared rogues would probably have a harder time.