PDA

View Full Version : Level Requirements

Odeseus
11-03-2010, 07:33 PM
I just started on P99 a few weeks ago and am curious about most guild's level requirements. Seems like most raiding guilds are 46+ and almost all others are 25+. Is this the standard on this server? And if so, do most people stay guild-less until 25+? Or do you grind all the way to 46 to app to a more established raiding guild?

Just curious to see what most people do on this server. I know in the past there were basically 3 tiers of guilds. 1st tier invited and accepted everyone. 2nd tier was the "feeder" guilds who had aspirations to raid but mostly served to level/prepare people for the 3rd tier, which is the raiding guilds (which might be further divided into hardcore and casual raiding guilds, but I digress).

Anyway, see you guys in game.

Mee123
11-04-2010, 12:11 AM
The type of guild you should join depends on the type of gameplay you enjoy. If you enjoy raiding wait till 46 or see if you'll get accepted at lower levels by showing you really want to be with that one specific guild for a long long time.
If casual is your way of play join a guild with a name you like or members you think are fun to be around. If you are a guild hopper you probably will get a bad rep so try not to do that.(Just like noone enjoys dramaqueens noone enjoys guildwhores) -- *referring to feeder comment*

Odeseus
11-04-2010, 01:23 AM
Just trying to get a feel for the server. When I played on live, I was too loyal for my own good most of the time.

"Feeder" guilds were simply the reality as most guilds would see some of their best and brightest lured away to the top 2 or 3 guilds. No one wants to be labeled as such, but it was hard for mid-range guilds to progress without losing some of their best. The top 10 players would be sitting on more DKP than they could do with because the guild as a whole had not yet gotten to the point of taking down targets that would net them upgrades. So those players would eventually lose patience and hop to one of the top 2 or 3 guilds and the mid range guild would suffer a huge set back. Normally at least 1 or 2 others would leave with that person. And quality new recruits aren't going to join up for a guild who can't hold onto their core.

So the cycle goes on more or less forever, where each time you make progress, someone loses patience and the guild suffers yet another set back. I've been in the middle of the cycle many times and am curious to know if it happens much here.

Anyway, to more relevant topics. Thanks for the advice on the guildhopping. Wasn't planning on it, but it is nice to know that it isn't the best idea in the world. I'll probably do some research on the guilds out there before joining up. I probably won't ever have the time to devote to a hardcore raiding guild (what is considered hardcore here anyway? I know back in the day, some guilds raided like 6 days a week. There any that still do that?), but I know that I eventually want to try my hand at raiding.

And this post is a hell of alot longer than it needs to be. Sorry :p