PDA

View Full Version : Tantor

Speedi
08-08-2015, 01:36 AM
Tantor runs fast as hell. Which I am not really surprised with all the non classic animal run speeds on p99. A druid in form of the hunter can barely stay ahead of him. Also, his MR is super high and he also summons. I used to solo this guy (as a druid) pretty easy. And he DID NOT summon. Even with druid animal only tash, I cant get snare to land. Attempted to snare 25+ times. Realisticly, he would resist ensnare several times due to a lvl 60 (my lvl) casting on a lvl 66+ mob. I remember it taking several attempts to get him snared. But 25+ with not one success? Fix please

nilbog
08-08-2015, 04:18 PM
Pending update:

-Removed summon ability
-Decreased runspeed slightly

Will look into resistances

sergan
08-10-2015, 04:26 PM
I killed sometimes in Live.
He runs like Jboots, you can win distance with sow but with Jboots you need levitate and use the hills for take distance.
It has a high magic resistance but after Glamur of Tunare I should land the snare after 10 cast more or less, epic sanre/dot land more easy that snare spell but sometimes it resist.
The fire dot never land and WingedDeath land but it¡s sometimes it resited.
One time it's snared its easy kill using a wolf like pet and keeping the agro recasting snare.

Smedy
08-26-2015, 08:21 AM
does he spawn? seems incredible rare on red99, not sure if anyone farms him though

Man0warr
08-26-2015, 10:50 AM
I've seen him killed - definitely seems rarer than he was on Live though, same for the other named roamers.

People don't really go around killing the animal roamers on this server though - maybe after Rangers get Terrify Animal and they need a place to solo they will die more often.

Speedi
08-26-2015, 10:57 AM
Definitely seems more rare. I can remember killing this guy numerous times. I don't remember a time I looked for him and he wasn't up. I could be wrong but I thought he was on a set spawn time. Maybe it's because people was killing the animals more back then, and he was up most of the times I checked. Either case, he is more rare on p99

Other examples of things not quite accurate in WW:

Ice Burrowers & Velium Hounds

I farmed those for silks back when SoV was current. I remember only 6-7 being up in WW at a time. On p99 there are tons of them. Just the opposite with velium hounds. There were a lot more of those on live, on p99 there are very few.

Banditfist
09-06-2015, 02:11 PM
I have not seen him up during beta or since velious was released. But, on live, he was charmable. I killed a bunch of dragons with him. Hilarious to see him throw big dragons halfway across my field of view.

Speedi
09-06-2015, 02:15 PM
I have not seen him up during beta or since velious was released. But, on live, he was charmable. I killed a bunch of dragons with him. Hilarious to see him throw big dragons halfway across my field of view.

Maybe charmable in another expansion. Not SoV, because he is lvl 66/67. I know Druids can't charm that high in SoV, and I am almost 100% sure enchanters/bards can't either.

Man0warr
09-07-2015, 11:23 AM
Yeah Dictate can only charm up to 58 I think.

Moosetoe
09-09-2015, 03:15 PM
Other examples of things not quite accurate in WW:

Ice Burrowers & Velium Hounds

I farmed those for silks back when SoV was current. I remember only 6-7 being up in WW at a time. On p99 there are tons of them. Just the opposite with velium hounds. There were a lot more of those on live, on p99 there are very few.

I 100% agree with this. Upon immediate release of Velious, I was amazed at how many ice burrowers there were undulating across the horizon. On the contrary, after several days, I thought to myself, "hey, wait a minute, where are all those annoying vellum hounds that always seem to sneak up and attack out of nowhere?" I even asked guild if anyone had seen even one - crickets. I have since heard that they do exist, but I haven't actually seen one myself. I'm pretty sure this isn't classic.

Erati
09-09-2015, 04:02 PM
I think the hounds share spawn points with other animals and they have them set to spawn too infrequently

there is a post about the wolves somewhere - as a druid who enjoys charming in WW, you can never find a wolf which make the best pets

Drewpy
10-07-2015, 01:49 PM
he still summoning?

Imposter
10-07-2015, 02:03 PM
he still summoning?

pretty sure he is so rare that he has only ever spawned one time on each server (blue/red) and didn't drop the tusk.

Wizing
10-17-2015, 09:40 PM
Do I need to kill animals to get him to spawn or is he on his own spawn ?

pgerman
10-17-2015, 10:03 PM
ive seen him spawn once on red, didnt drop tusk

teija
10-17-2015, 10:08 PM
pretty sure he is so rare that he has only ever spawned one time on each server (blue/red) and didn't drop the tusk.

killed week 2 of velious release on blue, took 2 clerics, war and some dps tho lol. dropped tusk for a happy SK