PDA

View Full Version : Can't decide

pathius41
08-07-2015, 02:56 AM
I am having a hard time deciding between my warrior and my rogue to play as my main. I was trying to level them equally but that is just taking up too much of my time. I love them both for different reasons, so I pose the question to you the community, which would be better going forward 20+ and into velius? keep in mind I am not in a big raid guild and epics at this time seem out of reach for little old me (for either class).

B4EQWASCOOL
08-07-2015, 03:01 AM
Rogue

Likwitsnake
08-07-2015, 04:58 AM
I just started on P99 but I was a long time EQ player so take this for what its worth. Hybrid tanks seem to be in more demand in early EQ so that is something you might struggle with a little if you chose to main the warrior.

On the other hand rogues are pretty much the top dps consistantly throughout the history of EQ. (up until I quit in 04 at least).

Play what you have fun with. Whats nice about p99 is you don't have to min max. There seems to be a place for every class.

Monty405
08-07-2015, 07:19 AM
Both will require heavy group play - esp. since this is a first character.

Rogue will probably be more in demand when you get to the raid scene.

Rogue will be easier to gear out (focus on weapons).

Rogue epic is the easiest to obtain - any appropriate level guild should be able to assist you with the final fight.

curtischoy
08-07-2015, 10:12 AM
Warrior for sure is a challenge, they need a lot more gear than rogs do.

webrunner5
08-07-2015, 02:33 PM
Do Rogue. One hell of a lot cheaper to gear than a Warrior, and do more DPS than them. Win, Win. :D Plus Epic is easy as heck. :)

pathius41
08-07-2015, 11:49 PM
sounds like the choice is clear, rogue it is.