PDA

View Full Version : Merchants: Charged items misrepresented in merchant window.

Matrim
11-03-2010, 09:59 AM
Recently saw a wand of allure for sale on a merchant. As I needed to replace my own empty wand, I first checked the number of charges on the item in the window, and upon seeing it was fully (3) charged, paid 250p to purchase it.

When I checked it in my inventory, however, the wand was empty of charges. Immediately resold for 9p. Fail.

Uthgaard
11-03-2010, 10:21 AM
Working as intended. There's more to it than that, you just did it in the wrong order.

guineapig
11-03-2010, 10:43 AM
I think you have to sell the one with zero charges first. At least that's the way it worked on live.

eriamjh
11-11-2010, 07:58 AM
Working as intended. There's more to it than that, you just did it in the wrong order.

There is one bug: If you sell an item with partial/no charges, it appears to have full charges to anyone that then (re-)opens the merchant screen. Basically merchants always send the full number of charges when you first open the window as if they still defaulted to recharging everything.

I think you have to sell the one with zero charges first. At least that's the way it worked on live.

Noo ..

1. Sell a fully charged item to an NPC.
2. Sell one or more partially charged/uncharged items of the same kind.
3. Buy them all back fully charged. (really you should only sell a few at a time to prevent losing them all to a bug or another player.)

It's very simple. All items you sell to an NPC merchant stack in their inventory. When an NPC adds an item with charges to a stack of items in their inventory, it assumes the charge count of the stack. If any stacked potions weren't expendable, PCs could do this too..(!)

Uthgaard
11-11-2010, 02:04 PM
That's how it works.

guineapig
11-11-2010, 03:11 PM
There is one bug: If you sell an item with partial/no charges, it appears to have full charges to anyone that then (re-)opens the merchant screen. Basically merchants always send the full number of charges when you first open the window as if they still defaulted to recharging everything.

Noo ..

1. Sell a fully charged item to an NPC.
2. Sell one or more partially charged/uncharged items of the same kind.
3. Buy them all back fully charged. (really you should only sell a few at a time to prevent losing them all to a bug or another player.)

That's what I meant.

It was implied in the OP that the one showing as fully charged was already on the vendor. What the OP did not mention was selling a partially charged item first.

That's I was explaining to the OP that he has to first sell the one with missing charges.

Uthgaard
11-11-2010, 03:45 PM
I like the Cleric of Abundant Food better sig better than your last one.

guineapig
11-11-2010, 05:00 PM
I like the Cleric of Abundant Food better sig better than your last one.

Thank you sir... I had many options for level 34 but Cleric of Valor and Cleric of Superior Healing sounded so lame. :D

My bread might be burnt... but it's free damn it!