PDA

View Full Version : Enchanter Charming Guide - Velious

Rummol
08-05-2015, 08:59 PM
So, given that the enchanter charming guide on these forums is closed and we cannot add any new information for velious zones, I'm putting out the call for all you experienced enchanters to give us plebs some advice on l33t charming tactics and zones in Velious.

Starting with the easy stuff, does anyone have any solid info for levelling/charming/farming in the following zones for the 30-50 range:

1. Ice Clad Ocean
2. Eastern Wastes
3. Crystal Caverns (interested in this one!)
4. Great Divide
5. Wakening Lands
6. Skyshrine??

And 50-60 range:

1. Kael
2. Velketors
3. Cobalt Scar
4. Sirens Grotto
5. Western Wastes
6. POG

Thanks!

REMEZ
08-06-2015, 03:17 AM
I tested Crystal Caverns at 35-36 with my enc and you can charm orcs and crawl if you want, using air illusion u can bounce platforms giving you those seconds to gate if you need to, but I did have my pet break charm and fall through bridge a couple times drawing agro from the bottom forcing me to bail. If u go to great hall there are terrors that really sting and I think its best there at high 30s.

Not sure about genos, they have rare gem drops that sells for alot.

I did experiment with using the single pathing dwarf guard by great hall entrance for dps. I would pull a terror when he reached the broken bridge and charm terror at less than 10% hp and pull it away then nuke it. It works if you are careful and let the guard heal up between the terrors or compensate with slow/nuke/dot. He was even con to me at this level, but I also imagine you can charm the guard, haste him then memblur him to speed things up.
You can also pull the fish thingys from the water at this spot and use the guard.

webrunner5
08-06-2015, 05:12 AM
Wow, would have to think a long time about Velious Chanter stuff. Been a LONG time. :eek:

Teivel0725
08-06-2015, 06:20 AM
I've been having trouble with this. I havent tested out much in charming in velious. I decided I wanted to try soloing in Sirens at 54 on my chanter due to the shoulder item that drops there. What a nightmare. 1 charm break and your screwed. Mobs were all hitting me for 200+. Broke through rune V and Berserk in no time flat. Also, getting around that zone is a nightmare. Tried pacifying my way through but 9/10 times it resists paci and then you get the random crit fail with an aggro and your dead if you cant get out of the water in time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Man0warr
08-06-2015, 02:52 PM
Enchanters are way way way weaker in Velious - pretty sure it was a conscious effort on SOE's part.

Daldaen
08-06-2015, 03:04 PM
50-60 range:

1. Kael
2. Velketors
3. Cobalt Scar
4. Sirens Grotto
5. Western Wastes
6. POG

1. Kael, almost everything is a giant. Meaning they are immune to stun and mez, your greatest skills to save you when charm breaks are now not viable. Instead get a Druid partner to snare or a cleric partner to stun and kite with aggro while you recharm on breaks.

Giants have a little higher than normal resist but the high 40 Giants will hold just fine. They dual wield if given two weapons (often times they won't display the secondary). Drakkel Dire Wolves in the pit towards Tormax are 52-55, you can charm half of these with Boltrans (got to guess or have a 53/54 person tell you which are charm able), these don't DW but do hit for 240ish.

You can duo or group well here, soloing isn't that reliable.

2. In Velketors everything is on Velks faction. Using Illusion Werewolf + Collbaration gets you to Dubious with the entire zone (just never eat a Velketors faction hit from Velks himself or Lord Bob). Being Non-KoS here is a boon. This is an enchanters playground.

All the spider camps are easily soloable by an enchanter, all the trash are charm able. Lower dogs will be very unreliable solo. You may be able to solo snipe named but definitely won't be holding down camps.

3. Cobalt Scar is a kiters zone, don't bother charming here.

4. SG is only for grown up enchanters. The neriads will dual wield and quad for 240, some doubl backstab for 680. In a group, a charmed pet can sustain 200+ DPS pretty easily. Absolutely plowing.

However solo you will be a glass cannon. Underwater you will get pushed around and a push that interrupts a stun cast means you're dead basically. Not worth soloing, very worth charming in a group with a good cleric, tank and shaman.

5. Again, kiters zone. Enchanters may be able to pull off some dragon kills. The wolves are the best pets in my experience but they won't DW. Many things dispel so have junk buffs ready for pet (Bracer of Hidden/Epic are great). Not really a great chanter zone

6. Raid zone and good enchanters are High Elves so they don't have to go to PoGrowth

7. Dragon Necropolis. Chetari will dual wield and are great pets. Don't fight phase spiders they will warp pets and pets will cause trains. Unless you have a tank to hold aggro over the pet. But for everything else in the zone, enchanters are a very useful addition to a group.

pasi
08-06-2015, 09:40 PM
1. Kael, almost everything is a giant. Meaning they are immune to stun and mez, your greatest skills to save you when charm breaks are now not viable. Instead get a Druid partner to snare or a cleric partner to stun and kite with aggro while you recharm on breaks.

Giants have a little higher than normal resist but the high 40 Giants will hold just fine. They dual wield if given two weapons (often times they won't display the secondary). Drakkel Dire Wolves in the pit towards Tormax are 52-55, you can charm half of these with Boltrans (got to guess or have a 53/54 person tell you which are charm able), these don't DW but do hit for 240ish.

You can duo or group well here, soloing isn't that reliable.

2. In Velketors everything is on Velks faction. Using Illusion Werewolf + Collbaration gets you to Dubious with the entire zone (just never eat a Velketors faction hit from Velks himself or Lord Bob). Being Non-KoS here is a boon. This is an enchanters playground.

All the spider camps are easily soloable by an enchanter, all the trash are charm able. Lower dogs will be very unreliable solo. You may be able to solo snipe named but definitely won't be holding down camps.

3. Cobalt Scar is a kiters zone, don't bother charming here.

4. SG is only for grown up enchanters. The neriads will dual wield and quad for 240, some doubl backstab for 680. In a group, a charmed pet can sustain 200+ DPS pretty easily. Absolutely plowing.

However solo you will be a glass cannon. Underwater you will get pushed around and a push that interrupts a stun cast means you're dead basically. Not worth soloing, very worth charming in a group with a good cleric, tank and shaman.

5. Again, kiters zone. Enchanters may be able to pull off some dragon kills. The wolves are the best pets in my experience but they won't DW. Many things dispel so have junk buffs ready for pet (Bracer of Hidden/Epic are great). Not really a great chanter zone

6. Raid zone and good enchanters are High Elves so they don't have to go to PoGrowth

7. Dragon Necropolis. Chetari will dual wield and are great pets. Don't fight phase spiders they will warp pets and pets will cause trains. Unless you have a tank to hold aggro over the pet. But for everything else in the zone, enchanters are a very useful addition to a group.

Good post.

Western Wastes: I was able to solo 7/6 WW Dragons on my enchanter on beta. It's a lot more work than doing it as a shaman, but definitely do-able. Many of the 5/4 and 6/5 dragons can be feared, so they'll be much easier.

I think I have a post in my history with Velious charming stuff. For the 35-50 range, you can hit up Coruduth in Iceclad if hes charmable (likely MR) over here. He's pretty good at killing Lodizal, let alone level 35 shit.

Daldaen
08-06-2015, 10:09 PM
Coruduth is Magic Immune - The only reason he was used for Lodizal was Dire Charm is a flagged unresistable AA.

Bloodmaw however, in Great Divide, should have a huge amount of hitpoints for his level. Massive undercon cause quest mob.

Cookiefist
08-08-2015, 12:43 AM
I have been charming lately myself but in Seb @ disco. I had my pet break 3 times and then run off like crazy towards what i think was his spawn point and train disco. I am confused at such an action lol.

Blaiseblah
08-08-2015, 02:21 AM
Can somebody elaborate a little more on the power drop off of Enchanters in Velious? Are they still fun/viable?

Raev
08-08-2015, 11:06 AM
Basically I agree with Daldaen and Pasi. Enchanters are still tremendously strong, but now charm is more of a group effort. TBH I was leaning this way even in Kunark. I actually rather like it; the class is much more balanced now and the whole point is to hang out with friends.

Qtip
08-08-2015, 12:29 PM
Stay away from giants. Find yourself a shaman friend and let the fun begin. Shaman and enchanter combo only gets stronger in velious. Once both are raid geared, enchanter and shaman will be an insane combo.

Wabic
08-10-2015, 10:46 AM
Can somebody elaborate a little more on the power drop off of Enchanters in Velious? Are they still fun/viable?

What power drop?

Man0warr
08-10-2015, 11:05 AM
A large portion of the mobs in the expansion can't be mezzed or stunned, for one.

Wabic
08-10-2015, 12:14 PM
I've had to adjust sure. Dictate is memmed all the time now. Boltran's/Tash is mostly reliable, too. Don't forget that charms blur all aggro except your own. All casters in your group need to root adds aggressively. Boon and GoB are amazing.

brevous
08-10-2015, 08:08 PM
How about the cougars in Iceclad, does anyone know how long their XP is good for when charming them?

I tried around 33 but they really tore into me and I got too many resists. I'm thinking of trying again now at 35.

I'm having a hard time finding groups now that velious is out; as a side note does anyone have any recommendations for the most populated grouping zones around lvl 35?

Rummol
08-10-2015, 10:49 PM
Just wanted to add that CC is very nice for a 40ish enchanter. Camped my own blackened crystalline robe recently and it was very easy (from life leech). Stalag terrors are good exp charm solo and very easy. Geonids are also good solo if you can get the camp to yourself.

Overall good exp and loot to be had for the solo enchanter from late 30's to early 40's.

Rage16
08-20-2015, 05:24 PM
What are some good cash camps for cleric/ench duo in velly? Just started up again and need some cash.

defener
08-20-2015, 07:01 PM
Just wanted to add that CC is very nice for a 40ish enchanter. Camped my own blackened crystalline robe recently and it was very easy (from life leech). Stalag terrors are good exp charm solo and very easy. Geonids are also good solo if you can get the camp to yourself.

Overall good exp and loot to be had for the solo enchanter from late 30's to early 40's.

Lame. I've killed that life leech like 10 times and have only seen the amulet. The exp was good at least.

Rummol
08-20-2015, 10:23 PM
Lame. I've killed that life leech like 10 times and have only seen the amulet. The exp was good at least.

Killed him 3 times...2 x amulets and 1 x BCR :D