PDA

View Full Version : Server Health

Kaahbal
08-05-2015, 07:54 PM
Should Empire split its 130 man force into two 65 man forces for the sake of the server?

Colgate
08-05-2015, 07:56 PM
yeah when we get 130 people on a raid i'll be sure to do that

Gustoo
08-05-2015, 07:58 PM
Server gets fun when it is wiped with .5 exp and item loot, and classic era.

WTB new rallos rules server, classic for 10 years, kunark for 20 years, velious for 30 years. That is our timeline. At that point I will be like 80 years old and perhaps ready for luclin.

Kaahbal
08-05-2015, 07:59 PM
yeah when we get 130 people on a raid i'll be sure to do that

<3 good guy Colgate, Let the rest of us know when to start playing then :)

Barkingturtle
08-05-2015, 08:02 PM
From what I've read, I don't think Empire is allowed to alter their membership numbers unless Lite tells them to or something. TBQH I'm not sure why they'd allow someone outside their guild to dictate their policies but that is apparently how they roll so whatev.

SamwiseRed
08-05-2015, 08:07 PM
The majority of the players arent on this server for PvP. Server is what people want it to be and right now it's a raiding progression server with fast xp.

Stasis01
08-05-2015, 08:26 PM
All I really want is to farm dragons uncontested, but have some raid PVP that I win all of the time.

Oh wait I have that.

Kaahbal
08-05-2015, 08:28 PM
All I really want is to farm dragons uncontested, but have some raid PVP that I win all of the time.

Oh wait I have that.

Kudos for honesty

wts
08-06-2015, 12:53 AM
Server gets fun when it is wiped with .5 exp and item loot, and classic era.

WTB new rallos rules server, classic for 10 years, kunark for 20 years, velious for 30 years. That is our timeline. At that point I will be like 80 years old and perhaps ready for luclin.

Fuck. Yes.

El Camacho
08-06-2015, 12:54 AM
This is the same message that started popping up right before Good Guys fell apart.

I really wish <Fresh> had chosen to be patient. Would probably be hitting a really nice stride right now.

Ragnaros
08-06-2015, 01:22 AM
server is fun empire is letting people kill dragons wut do u mean
tmo can contest kunark

Kergan
08-06-2015, 01:25 AM

Oh wait I have that.

I think maybe your best post ever.

Not saying a lot but still.

Swish
08-06-2015, 10:29 PM
tmo can contest kunark

http://i.imgur.com/jkQDnGb.gif

Zuranthium
08-06-2015, 11:02 PM
The ways to fix it:

1.) Banish all additional guild members from a zone over a certain number; 54 should be the limit IMO. There's nothing in the game, aside from Avatar of War, that can't be handled with those numbers. If you can't handle it with those numbers, then those 54 people are not geared well enough and/or not working well enough together and/or it's the wrong combination of classes. This player limit will count all guild members who were in the zone within the past 2 minutes, so people can't just plan to zerg in waves.

2.) If a player who is camped out or in another zone has a buff on a player where 48+ guild members are already at, or if any summoned items from a camped out or out-of-zone player exist in zone where 48+ guild members are at, all of those things will disappear. Thus, guilds can not get around the player limit by simply having their buffers or mod-rod summoners camp/zone before a fight. (I imagine this would probably be the hardest part to code, iz possible?)

3.) Make players be unable to rejoin the same guild for 4 weeks after leaving and only able to switch guilds once per 4 weeks. That way people can not get around the rules very easily. Guilds are allowed to select 1 "trivial" zone as their base, in which the player cap limits do not apply. This base is allowed to be changed once every 4 weeks.

4.) GM's shall intervene and punish multiple guilds that are actually the same guild and only in separate guilds in order to get around the rules. Similarly, individuals who constantly stay unguilded and yet play with a certain guild will be punished.

Swish
08-06-2015, 11:13 PM
inc <Empires>, <Emperors> and whatever other variations to not get locked out. Some quick officer admin could probably switch people around before heading in.

This all sounds very blue.

Heebo
08-06-2015, 11:48 PM
The ways to fix it:

1.) Banish all additional guild members from a zone over a certain number; 54 should be the limit IMO. There's nothing in the game, aside from Avatar of War, that can't be handled with those numbers. If you can't handle it with those numbers, then those 54 people are not geared well enough and/or not working well enough together and/or it's the wrong combination of classes. This player limit will count all guild members who were in the zone within the past 2 minutes, so people can't just plan to zerg in waves.

2.) If a player who is camped out or in another zone has a buff on a player where 48+ guild members are already at, or if any summoned items from a camped out or out-of-zone player exist in zone where 48+ guild members are at, all of those things will disappear. Thus, guilds can not get around the player limit by simply having their buffers or mod-rod summoners camp/zone before a fight. (I imagine this would probably be the hardest part to code, iz possible?)

3.) Make players be unable to rejoin the same guild for 4 weeks after leaving and only able to switch guilds once per 4 weeks. That way people can not get around the rules very easily. Guilds are allowed to select 1 "trivial" zone as their base, in which the player cap limits do not apply. This base is allowed to be changed once every 4 weeks.

4.) GM's shall intervene and punish multiple guilds that are actually the same guild and only in separate guilds in order to get around the rules. Similarly, individuals who constantly stay unguilded and yet play with a certain guild will be punished.

GMs should enforce a server of Zuranthiums that afk for 95% of the time and lure of frost their own group members the other 5%.

Vile
08-07-2015, 12:48 AM
Need GMs first

Zuranthium
08-07-2015, 01:05 AM
inc <Empires>, <Emperors> and whatever other variations to not get locked out. Some quick officer admin could probably switch people around before heading in.

Who would be getting added in? People wouldn't be allowed to be continually deguilded/guilded and trying to set up multiple guilds as one guild would cause everyone involved to be suspended. There would still be room for a couple little sneaks here and there but by in large it would force more guilds or at least force large guilds to not be able to have numbers advantage for specific fights.

GMs should enforce a server of Zuranthiums that afk for 95% of the time and lure of frost their own group members the other 5%.

You sound pressed. Just realize that if I had more to do, then I would.

Swish
08-07-2015, 08:21 AM
Who would be getting added in? People wouldn't be allowed to be continually deguilded/guilded and trying to set up multiple guilds as one guild would cause everyone involved to be suspended. There would still be room for a couple little sneaks here and there but by in large it would force more guilds or at least force large guilds to not be able to have numbers advantage for specific fights.

I think you're overestimating the GM time commitment required...and based on that, the number limit won't be put in.

Uton
08-07-2015, 08:41 AM
tmo can contest kunark

Tmo can't contest Draco. And didn't they just lost a bunch more peeps to friends? May the fucking begin

derpcake
08-07-2015, 09:52 AM
voted "am in empire, hardly raid, and its a great place so i give zero fucks"

p funny how i'd prolly get kicked / cliqued in another guild, as they cry about empire

i'll have a double gin with sweet salty tears plz

derpcake
08-07-2015, 09:55 AM
The ways to fix it:

best way to fix it?

more then 1 attractive guild

i'm sure your bullshit ideas restricting players freedom will work great as an alternative however

i bet half the server would rather quit then read your post

wtf should a guild with 60 members do? cut 6 random ones loose? If you have 53 but your best cleric quit, you kick a ranger so you can pick up the only 2 available druids?

your suggestion is a bit like PoTime trials, which allowed max 54 after there was no cap before. some other nerd wrote something about that already

terrible, also, recruit & contest, rite

grannock
08-07-2015, 01:17 PM
There have been multiple attractive guilds in the past few months, you newbs blew them up with your lack of social ability.

Kergan
08-07-2015, 01:26 PM
The ways to fix it:

Even if these weren't some of the worst ideas anyone has had about anything ever, what you are proposing would require a massive amount of coding and has 0 chance of ever happening.

Kergan
08-07-2015, 01:31 PM
The only way the situation ever changes is if the population grows to a point in which the waiting list for loot in the top guild becomes so long that people see forming another guild as the option that will get them loot the fastest.

so basically never

SamwiseRed
08-07-2015, 01:42 PM
Empire is just another form of Nilly. Nihilum will forever hold this server hostage with its endless supply of beards and coat tail riders.

Sosa_Chamberlain
08-07-2015, 03:47 PM
currently thriving

SamwiseRed
08-07-2015, 03:50 PM
currently thriving

I don't think you know what that actually means.

Kaahbal
08-07-2015, 03:50 PM
biggest reason why Red never grow 500+ is because the population has way to big egos and dont look out for whats best for the entire population..

Honestly alot of the personalities on these forums belong nowhere else than on a psychward.

Alot of us came here to get a chance to yet again relive the feels of classic or heck even the feels of vztz..

but there are way to many bad apples in this pie, and they consider themselves good.

DRAGONBAIT
08-07-2015, 03:51 PM
voted "am in empire, hardly raid, and its a great place so i give zero fucks"

p funny how i'd prolly get kicked / cliqued in another guild, as they cry about empire

i'll have a double gin with sweet salty tears plz

go play blue please. its where u belong

Sosa_Chamberlain
08-07-2015, 03:51 PM
um ok

still thriving thx 4 input

Cherry23
08-07-2015, 04:36 PM
How many members does it take to kill the hardest raid encounter ?

Couldn't there be a guild member cap so there could be 3 guilds at high end ?

I'd assume with three high end guilds there could be more of a selection as to whome can and can not join a particular guild and people would actually have to watch their attitudes carefully because right now people talk out of their asses in OOC chat and it's pretty aids for the server..

Having a guild member cap would fix almost every issue on the server that I can think of.... I can't think of any issue that can not be solved by this

Alarti0001
08-07-2015, 04:37 PM
How many members does it take to kill the hardest raid encounter ?

Couldn't there be a guild member cap so there could be 3 guilds at high end ?

I'd assume with three high end guilds there could be more of a selection as to whome can and can not join a particular guild and people would actually have to watch their attitudes carefully because right now people talk out of their asses in OOC chat and it's pretty aids for the server..

Having a guild member cap would fix almost every issue on the server that I can think of.... I can't think of any issue that can not be solved by this

People would just raid unguilded.

HippoNipple
08-07-2015, 04:42 PM
There are a lot of problems with that little band aid. First off, if you need 60 people you are going to need a guild that can field 90+ because attendance isn't going to be perfect. The attendance might fluctuate +/-30 people and you don't want to force a guild to cap and then be stuck with 30 online.

2nd, what Alarti says, guild 1/2/3 could be in an alliance and act as 1 guild.

Who knows, 2-3 months from now if the population is sitting around 200 maybe Empire will have trouble getting the numbers they need.

Zuranthium
08-07-2015, 10:19 PM
best way to fix it? more then 1 attractive guild

i'm sure your bullshit ideas restricting players freedom will work great as an alternative however

wtf should a guild with 60 members do? cut 6 random ones loose? If you have 53 but your best cleric quit, you kick a ranger so you can pick up the only 2 available druids?

Just think about how things work in sports. There are a set number of people on the field/court for both teams. That's how you measure "skill", by putting an equal number of people up against each other. It's very difficult in the current environment for there to be "more than 1 attractive guild" because it's too easy to overwhelm with numbers.

I'm not sure why, 16+ years into Everquest, people don't want to challenge themselves. Are people that scared of losing PvP? And as for PvE, 54 people is already more than enough for many raids in the game. I wish many raid mobs themselves would actually have a lower cap than 54 and banish the extras.

If a guild has 60 members logged on, then 6 of them should go do some other camp together while the raid is taking place and be ready to go join the raid if people log out for the night. That's just how it goes, some people have to be on the bench, and there are plenty of other things to go do in Velious-era EQ anyway.

There are a lot of problems with that little band aid. First off, if you need 60 people you are going to need a guild that can field 90+ because attendance isn't going to be perfect. The attendance might fluctuate +/-30 people and you don't want to force a guild to cap and then be stuck with 30 online.

2nd, what Alarti says, guild 1/2/3 could be in an alliance and act as 1 guild.

Guilds wouldn't necessary "need" 54 and in fact I'm sure some guilds would love to prove that they can win with like 45 players against another guild having 54. The problem right now is 45 doesn't have a chance against a huge zerg force.

There would be no such thing as an alliance except to raid Avatar of War, since higher numbers are necessary in that one instance (and there's something appropriately epic and Everquest-y about needing to team up in order to take down the hardest target in the game). Every guild for themself otherwise.

As for 90 people being logged on, then the guild should split itself into 2 raids of 54 + 36 people (or 48 / 42).

I realize that perhaps it's too difficult right now for full GM support (although I don't image the 54 guildies per zone limit or anti-guild-hopping measures would be hard to code), but come up with a better suggestion then! Personally I like being in a large guild because I like having a lot of people always logged on to help out and go on random adventures with, and I want to be able to raid any zone in the game, but unnecessarily sitting around in one spot with 90 people is extremely boring and objectively is only bad for the game.

Videri
08-09-2015, 02:31 AM
Just think about how things work in sports. There are a set number of people on the field/court for both teams. That's how you measure "skill", by putting an equal number of people up against each other. It's very difficult in the current environment for there to be "more than 1 attractive guild" because it's too easy to overwhelm with numbers.

I'm not sure why, 16+ years into Everquest, people don't want to challenge themselves. Are people that scared of losing PvP?

Well put!!!

GreenRanger
08-09-2015, 03:09 AM
server needs a reboot, you sodomites ruined it with the first season of rmt

DeadlyReza
08-09-2015, 04:30 AM
You should just all come to blue

DRAGONBAIT
08-09-2015, 04:44 AM
The majority of the players arent on this server for PvP. Server is what people want it to be and right now it's a raiding progression server with fast xp.

word. legit. but sucks big time

DRAGONBAIT
08-09-2015, 04:52 AM

I'm not sure why, 16+ years into Everquest, people don't want to challenge themselves. Are people that scared of losing PvP? And as for PvE, 54 people is already more than enough for many raids in the game. I wish many raid mobs themselves would actually have a lower cap than 54 and banish the extras.

If a guild has 60 members logged on, then 6 of them should go do some other camp together while the raid is taking place and be ready to go join the raid if people log out for the night. That's just how it goes, some people have to be on the bench, and there are plenty of other things to go do in Velious-era EQ anyway.

Guilds wouldn't necessary "need" 54 and in fact I'm sure some guilds would love to prove that they can win with like 45 players against another guild having 54. The problem right now is 45 doesn't have a chance against a huge zerg force.

There would be no such thing as an alliance except to raid Avatar of War, since higher numbers are necessary in that one instance (and there's something appropriately epic and Everquest-y about needing to team up in order to take down the hardest target in the game). Every guild for themself otherwise.

As for 90 people being logged on, then the guild should split itself into 2 raids of 54 + 36 people (or 48 / 42).

I realize that perhaps it's too difficult right now for full GM support (although I don't image the 54 guildies per zone limit or anti-guild-hopping measures would be hard to code), but come up with a better suggestion then! Personally I like being in a large guild because I like having a lot of people always logged on to help out and go on random adventures with, and I want to be able to raid any zone in the game, but unnecessarily sitting around in one spot with 90 people is extremely boring and objectively is only bad for the game.

the thing is that the officers and leaders on this server only know how to zerg a raid target using 2978934789234 warmbodys who press autoattack. they just know how to gather the guild and rush the target ( cos another guild could be coming, lol ) so they measure theyre skill in the time they can down the target using auttoatack, you only need numbers for that not talent. theres a video of them killing some dragon in 17 secs and thats what they call skill

then they come to this forums to /flex and tell us how they win the box. PRICELESS

PD: i was re-reading my post and realized that what i wrote sounds blue as fuck, is what u do on blue, rush faster than the enemy guild right? on red we fight! oh wait...no.

GreenRanger
08-09-2015, 03:47 PM
server needs guild cap, crazy idea but it would teach said warmbodys how to actually play the game(a smaller zerg of pet classes) lol