PDA

View Full Version : NPC Spawn Issue: Everfrost Peaks Mobs

sabersyii
08-05-2015, 05:15 AM
Hi

I just wanted to report half or more then half the mobs in the newbie area are spawning and not moving. Also where K is on this map

http://wiki.project1999.com/images/Map_everfrost.jpg

Or where the PoP book would be at is the point where most mobs from the newbie area would walk by. Well on EQ Live they would any way and I have been on private server that has got this right. I only know because I'm a huge Barbarian fan and had lots of Barbarian alt characters on EQ Live.

I really hope you all can fix this. Its really sad to see such a great zone tossed to the side, when it should be a pretty simple fix. I have seen Barbarians going to Qeynos to level because they claim there are very few low level mobs in Everfrost Peaks and from what I can tell there might be enough mobs but they are just standing still.

This was one of my favorite zone in all of EQ classic and it was my Favorit newbie zone. So its sad to see such a great zone not working right.

Thanks for your time.

sabersyii
08-05-2015, 05:52 AM
Oh and one more thing in all the years of playing EQ live I myself never seen more then one Vengeful Mob in the newbie area. However on P99 I have seen two or three at the same time.

Sorry I know to some this may not sound like much but this is a starting area and one of the first zones people see when they start to play the game. I would think we would want to get it right. Like I said I have been on other private EQ servers they from what I can tell seems to have got it right. So I would think we could here as well.

sabersyii
08-05-2015, 09:52 AM
A few more seems to be moving around today but a lot are still just standing still and there isn't enough wondering to the front near the K or where the PoP book would be.

Jimjam
08-05-2015, 10:07 AM
Any idea what paths they should follow?

Brontus
08-16-2015, 06:01 PM
I just recently started playing P1999. I really love it! I played the original EQ from day one of its release until 2005. I agree with the original poster and subsequent posters. Everfrost Peaks has almost no newbie mobs for level 1-2 barbarians to hunt.

I have very fond memories of EverFrost Peaks. It was one of the best newbie zones because low level mobs were plentiful. Another benefit was that all you had to do was stay in one area and wait for the endless parade of mobs to walk past you while you recovered from battle and pull them when full mana and full health.

Currently there are very few mobs are on patrol. Most just stand in one place and move occasionally -- which was probably normal for the non-patrolling mobs back in the original EQ.

Most of the current mobs are level 2 and up which con yellow to a level 1 barbarian. My new level 1 barbarian was constantly dying trying to kill yellow con mobs. Given that barbarians have no ultravision this creates a level of hardship that is almost impossible to overcome. Luckily, a high level player took pity on me and buffed me. This player also expressed the very same concerns about the lack of low level mobs in Everfrost.

I would say the current newbie mob density in EverFrost is about 15% of what it used to be. There is barely enough level 1 content for one level 1 player and what exists is very hard to at that.

Another issue is that I recall that certain faction mobs would attack each other. I believe it was gnolls vs. goblins. It could have been decaying skeletons vs the others , but I believe it is the former.

Another problem is that an_icy_goblin_scout which are level 3-6 would never be part of the original patrol. Now I see them all the time and the vengeful skeletons are seemingly always on patrol and they are deadly.

Here is a list of the mobs that were on the famous Everfrost Peaks patrol route:

an ice goblin whelp 1-1
a gnoll pup 1-1
a decaying skeleton 1-2
a white wolf 2-2
a polar bear cub 2-2
a wooly spiderling 1-3

From memory I have created a map of Everfrost Peaks which shows the main low level newbie mob patrol route. There were other patrol routes but this is the main one. I have a lot of experience with EverQuest, video game design and would be happy to assist the developers with this if needed.

http://digitalpianosreviewed.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/EverFrost-patrol-route.jpg

Brontus
08-16-2015, 11:01 PM
I just wanted to update my previous post which is waiting to be approved. After spending more time in the Everfrost newbie area, the number of current mobs stands at about 3% of the original number of mobs found in the EverQuest version. Thanks :)

Alunova
08-17-2015, 07:48 PM
This has been on my todo list for a while, everfrost was my first outdoor zone, will get her fixed up soon. I started working on it some once but ran out of time before I could finish.

Brontus
08-17-2015, 09:32 PM
This has been on my todo list for a while, everfrost was my first outdoor zone, will get her fixed up soon. I started working on it some once but ran out of time before I could finish.

This is great news! Thank you so much :)

HalasHermit
08-18-2015, 07:29 AM
Can't wait to reincarnate my first toon on live with a fixed Everfrost :)

Charlievox
09-18-2015, 08:16 PM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2050038&postcount=18

My post from another thread pointing out that in fifteen minutes sitting at the end of the pass to Halas I saw no mobs at all other than the Vengeful Lyricist who seemed to be camping the area just wandering to and fro.

I would also like to add my observations the all of the Vengefuls have often been up at the same time.

Telin
04-19-2023, 03:49 PM
I addressed a lot of these issues in my recent audit of the zone. Fixed, pending update.

Croco
04-20-2023, 11:29 AM
nice 8 year old thread necro lol