PDA

View Full Version : Spells: Cleric Symbol Line

Kaleadar
01-12-2010, 02:39 PM
I noticed that when you cast symbol and the spell fails the component for the spell is still consumed...

IE - you stand next to me... I cast symbol... you run OOR... "Target is out of range"... Spell still consumed component

This is not how it is supposed to work. The component should not be "consumed" till the spell lands. (If target has better or higher lvl spell then that’s your loss)

guineapig
01-13-2010, 05:07 PM
I think that's happening for Runes as well although I will have to doublecheck to confirm.

Zinyen
01-13-2010, 05:49 PM
I noticed that when you cast symbol and the spell fails the component for the spell is still consumed...

IE - you stand next to me... I cast symbol... you run OOR... "Target is out of range"... Spell still consumed component

This is not how it is supposed to work. The component should not be "consumed" till the spell lands. (If target has better or higher lvl spell then that’s your loss)

That is how it worked in classic. If a spell that needed a component was interrupted for any reason other than crouching to cancel the cast, you lost the component. I know for a fact this is correct because it is what got me into the habit of crouching to cancel spells that weren't going to land. Crouching to interrupt a symbol shouldn't take up the component.

Kaleadar
01-13-2010, 09:18 PM
so, when was this corrected?