PDA

View Full Version : Raid Mob Loot #

Daldaen
08-03-2015, 10:51 AM
Looking through the Legacy of Steel archive a few things popped out:

King Tormax, Statue of Rallos Zek, and Dain are always dropping their heads (off applicable) as well as 3-4 other items from their loot table.

On P99, every kill we have had live or beta, we have only seen 2 loot. Can other guilds weigh in here with their beta/live kill experience so we have a bit more data?

I'm guessing 3 is possible, but I do not believe 2 is classic. It should be a minimum of 3 drops maximum of 5.

http://www.legacyofsteel.net/Archives/Post/2001-07-16

That's a 5 loot Tormax for example.

I believe this is the case for most West/North ToV dragons as well. We were only seeing 2 loots per kill and I think 3 should be the minimum number you see as per classic. Same goes for Velketor.

Colgate
08-03-2015, 11:03 AM
on red, vindi has been dropping 1 item aside from head

tormax dropped 3 items aside from head

statue dropped 3 items

dain dropped 2 items aside from head

Daldaen
08-03-2015, 11:12 AM
Vindi is classic with 1 drop + Head

Tormax, Dain, Statue, Velketor, Yelinak should have a random range of 3-5 loot. I've seen no mentions of just 2 (plus head). Possibly Zlandicar as well?

heartbrand
08-06-2015, 08:16 AM
I have also noticed this. In classic there seemed to be a lot more loot per boss, typically 3-5. For us in NToV it has been two per mob. If you look at LoS website, zland is dropping on avg four items a kill.

bluejam
08-06-2015, 11:53 AM
Vulak only dropped two items. No spells either.

Raev
08-10-2015, 10:34 AM
Vulak

http://www.legacyofsteel.net/Archives/Post/2001-08-29
http://www.legacyofsteel.net/Archives/Post/2001-09-04

Legacy of Steel getting 2 and 3 items from Vulak.

I'm too lazy to dig it all up but I think it should be 1-3 items randomly for all of ToV north.

Torven
08-10-2015, 06:22 PM
Velious kills usually had a variable number of item drops. Trakanon also had a 2-5 (I think) random teeth drop instead of the same number of teeth per kill. Dunno how it's been on p99 all these years.

I did my old guild's website news, so I have plenty of 2001 era loot screenshots. (which I sent to nilbog a long time ago)

NToV kills should be 2-3 for most bosses; 1-2 for Sevalak, Cekenar, and Zlexak. My old Vulak screenshots all had him with 3 drops out of 4 kills; I can't say if he can drop 2 or he was always 3. All my Statue and Tormax screens had 4 drops. (not including head) A Live Statue kill I did had 3 drops. Other than Vulak, these remain unchanged on Live as far as I can tell.

For TAKP I'm trying to get Cavedude to add a new loot table field to accommodate this randomness-- EQEmu has no way of handling this problem.

Sallan
08-10-2015, 08:59 PM
From memory, I do recall vulak dropping 3 loots per kill. Since he has a wide loot range, its split up to 3 sets of 4 or 5 items per table. Each drop is a random of 1 item per loot table. Meaning there's no way to get double of something. Ill see if I can try and find references

Alunova
08-10-2015, 10:23 PM
NToV is 2-3 for most bosses, 1-2 for triplets. Zlandi can drop 5 items, Dozekar can drop 1-7 tears, it just won't be every time. No boss that I am aware of has a chance to drop nothing. There have been numerous discussions on the dev team and drop chances for raid mobs are unlikely to change from current values.

Daldaen
08-10-2015, 10:57 PM
Don't think 0 loots is the issue, its mobs not dropping the minimum.

Tormax for example should not drop anything less than 3+Head.

Statue also should be minimum of 3.

On here however we are experiencing only 2-loots dropping.

Method
08-11-2015, 12:28 AM

Vulak`Aerr is also only dropping 2 items and should be 3-4 with 4 being uncommon.

heartbrand
08-11-2015, 08:14 AM

Can confirm this from researching that I've yet to see a single tormax / statue / dain with two drops. However, I have seen two drops on Vulak and NToV, and quite a lot.

Daldaen
08-11-2015, 08:40 AM
Yea I don't doubt NToV had 2-loot droppers since there are so many dragons, and the triplets/duo in the very north section could be 1-2 due to their small loot tables.

The City Leaders (Tormax, Dain, Yelinak), Statue, AoW, and probably Zlandicar should all be 3minimum, some getting 4-5 loots randomly. Currently all of these can drop just 2 loots which I believe is incorrect

arsenalpow
08-11-2015, 08:47 AM
Yea I don't doubt NToV had 2-loot droppers since there are so many dragons, and the triplets/duo in the very north section could be 1-2 due to their small loot tables.

The City Leaders (Tormax, Dain, Yelinak), Statue, AoW, and probably Zlandicar should all be 3minimum, some getting 4-5 loots randomly. Currently all of these can drop just 2 loots which I believe is incorrect

Server first Dain was only 2 + head (Hammer and Shield)

Daldaen
08-11-2015, 08:55 AM
Server first Dain was only 2 + head (Hammer and Shield)

Server First Tormax and Statue were 2 loots as well (plus Tormax head).

Sallan
08-11-2015, 12:29 PM
It appears the 4 loots from 4 seperate tables might have only been introduced when vulak was removed and replaced with ring of vulak (sometime in 2002). At that point on he seemed to be dropping 4 items + spells:

November 5th, 2003 12:16 PM #7
Qaman
Site Admin

We got 7 out of 44 kills.

>Vulak loot table is the same as when it wasn't a ring.

Loot it can drop is the same, loot table slightly different because it can drop 4 items now instead of only dropping 3 like before the change.

Prior to that 3 drops always seem to be the norm for vulak

Vulak...
#
Jul 12 2001 at 5:38 PM Rating: Excellent
SuBoneTL
Sage
140 posts
He's been killed nine times now on Veeshan by FoH and some CD help, and six times on Mithaniel Marr by The Afterlife, as of two days ago. He drops 3 items per kill.

arsenalpow
08-11-2015, 11:52 PM
How about Lord Bob ONLY dropping a single spell, that's it.

Erati
08-12-2015, 12:05 AM

I dont ever remember that

Raev
08-12-2015, 02:41 AM
NToV is 2-3 for most bosses, 1-2 for triplets. Zlandi can drop 5 items, Dozekar can drop 1-7 tears, it just won't be every time. No boss that I am aware of has a chance to drop nothing. There have been numerous discussions on the dev team and drop chances for raid mobs are unlikely to change from current values.

That sounds right to me, but I just went through Rampage's raid logs (10+ encounters) and every North Temple dragon is dropping 2 exactly. Either we have been getting totally screwed by the RNG, or there is a bug somewhere.

Freakish
08-12-2015, 12:30 PM
That's not true. We just had 2x single item drops off triplets.

Imposter
08-12-2015, 12:47 PM

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=6060&p=2#comments

every entry mentioning loot on ZAM says lord bob should drop 2 items + chance at spells. There are no mentions of "we killed this guy and no items dropped" or "we killed this guy and only 1 item dropped".

Lord bob should be automatic 2 items off loot table + spells and not zero items + 1 spell.