PDA

View Full Version : Sontalaak / Zlandicar and possible some others are not resisting Lifetaps

Detoxx
07-30-2015, 02:01 PM
I know this was something that was addressed a long time ago (hence the necro nerf to uselessness) and I think it needs to be discussed again for these new dragons. Is it going to be ok for people to burn a raid mob like Sontalaak with 60 Trak Teeth? Is it a classic mechanic to be able to do that? Even if so, in the spirit of the rules set before on mobs and chain clicking lifetaps (Trakanon and Ivandyrs Hoops) should it be taken care of before launch? Hoops and teeth are landing on at least Klandicar and Sontalaak as ive seen so far.

Thanks

Daldaen
07-30-2015, 02:15 PM
Both of those mobs sit at 100k HP.

You would need 67 Trak's Teeth or 111 Ivandyr's Hoops to 1 shot them.

A. If you already have 67 members on your raid, both of those dragons aren't exceptionally hard to kill, even with Kunark gear.
B. To gather up 67 Trakanon's Teeth you're looking at 60 days of getting every FFA and Class C Trakanon, where every one of those Trakanon's drop 5 teeth
C. To gather up 111 Ivandyr's Hoops you're looking at quite literally 111+ stacks of rubies (over 290k). PLUS you would need 111 raiders in which case you can just Zerg these dragons down.

I fail to see any repeatable situation where this is a problem. MAYBE Rampage or Forsaken are sitting on 60 teeth and you can have fun blowing up the dragon one time. Enjoy. Please don't mess with their magic resistance or lifetap resistance, or do any more unclassic fixes to clickies... it's fine as is.

This is a non-issue. Even if you're dumping 5 Trak's Teeth into them each week after Trak, that's 7500 DMG or basically like having 1 good wizard/rogue showing up and participating. In Velious it's a drop in a bucket because dragons have more than 32k HP.

Raev
07-30-2015, 04:18 PM
^^

The real problem is that Dragon Fear is landing for 20s on players with max MR rather than 5-10s. And that Sontalak had 200k HP not 100k last time I parsed him.

Samoht
07-30-2015, 04:26 PM
PLUS you would need 111 raiders in which case you can just Zerg these dragons down.

Worse: 111 raiders playing explicitly evil class/race combinations.

But a tooth or hoop could potentially be OP in saving a raid in a clutch situation similar to Soulfire.

Daldaen
07-30-2015, 05:00 PM
^^

The real problem is that Dragon Fear is landing for 20s on players with max MR rather than 5-10s. And that Sontalak had 200k HP not 100k last time I parsed him.

This and he should sit around 120k~ Atleast that was my thought. Possibly regen accounts for the difference?

The dragon fear really is a size able problem. I grant that it's rate of sticking on players is correct it's just the duration that is a problem. I've watched videos of Sontalak, Klandicar, and Zlandicar (big 3 that fear in Velious) from 2001. Every video you see players get feared in large numbers, the vast majority are unfeared in under 6 seconds and you see them all returning to the battle. Very few are returning at around 8-10 seconds. NONE are coming back in at 10-20 seconds. It just never happened, and it sure as shit shouldn't be happening to a size able chunk of those getting feared.

A tooth or a hoop may be clutch in saving a raid. So is a CH neck click from a cleric sky item, or a Conflagration wand spam from a wizard, or a nice set of duelist backstabs from a rogue.

Trak's Tooth is one charge at 1500 DMG. Ivandyrs is six charges at 150 (900 total). We are talking 2400 damage for... Getting a drop off a raid mob in Kunark that spawns every three days and dropping 2k market value or around 20+ rubies to get an earring which cannot be recharged.... For the equivalent of 1 sunstrike and 1 lure isn't that ridiculous. Just recruit another 60 rogue or wizard and they account for 10 Trak's Teeth clicks.

These items could tip the scale in a VERY close battle. I can list 100 other items that could tip the scale as well. The comparison between hoops back during Kunark and hoops/teeth in Velious is a bad one.

If ANYTHING, a guild could burn them once as a one trick pony and likely never amass that number of clicks again. I don't see this "balance issue" as something large enough that we want to cripple Necros more than they have been or introduce some non-classic fix to resolve it.

Pint
07-30-2015, 05:17 PM
if we really want to nerf these silly clicky wins then get to the meat of it and nerf soulfire already. unless guilds keep trak on perma farm in velious to abuse the teeth then who cares how they use them out of the gate.

Detoxx
07-31-2015, 02:27 AM
if we really want to nerf these silly clicky wins then get to the meat of it and nerf soulfire already. unless guilds keep trak on perma farm in velious to abuse the teeth then who cares how they use them out of the gate.

No argument from me on that one. Cheesing kills has been and still is incredibly lame.

Daldaen
07-31-2015, 06:36 AM
Nerfing SoulFires is not classic to our timeline. That being said... Nerfing them would add more value to the high-end raid paladin in that they are the only class who can bring 6 instant CHs to a raid plus LoH. SoulFires and Donal's should've been nerfed either out of timeline or after the duration from Kunark launch that they were nerfed on live. Neither were as bad as Hoops but they were extremely retarded in the raid scene and led to some very dumb things.

Adding a class restriction to SoulFire would be good for the overall health of raiding and paladin's trying to get their epic may face less dumbness.

Daldaen
08-02-2015, 12:14 AM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/312/563/05d.jpg

Guilds are REALLY requiring their memberships to have Ivandyr's Hoops for launch? /facepalm.

Do 15 year old expansion server firsts really matter that much to people?

arsenalpow
08-02-2015, 11:50 AM
Nerf soulfires and wort pots too while we're at it.

Alarti0001
08-02-2015, 12:02 PM
^^

How long did that dragon last?

Wfrench1234
08-02-2015, 03:11 PM
Nerd soulfire a because as a life having paladin I've been waiting literally months for my Lucan kill