PDA

View Full Version : Cleric Curiosity

Rushmore
07-27-2015, 10:52 PM
So getting jumped the last few days and having to gate and run ...reminded me

Why don't cleric's get anything that lands in PVP? Every caster can do something but Cleric can't do SHIT! Does anyone else think clerics should get something even if it's a high level stun/nuke. I mean something.... :(

Come on!

When we were crying about the resist system and Nilbog changed it was it intended to do this to clerics? Was it classic as well!?

Snapple
07-27-2015, 11:00 PM
i think praying might help your situation

Dacuk
07-27-2015, 11:05 PM
1) farm golem wands.

2) get good positioning for any engagement

3) pell and heal to your heart's content.

4) your pals will luv u long time

pras clerics

Bazia
07-27-2015, 11:10 PM
clerics heal people

not sure what you are expecting here

Vanquisher
07-27-2015, 11:18 PM
had 50 kills on my cleric before the MR nerf, say goodbye to that though you cant land any stuns or nukes anymore unless they are tashed

Susvain2
07-27-2015, 11:23 PM
nice dude you killed people in your group leveling up

you're such a SICK cleric!!

Vanquisher
07-27-2015, 11:28 PM
you kill tmo lvling up with cloth, de-tag empire and i highly doubt you would even get kills against your own vp geared friends.

anyway stay rustled susvain gnight

Coffee
07-27-2015, 11:32 PM
you kill tmo lvling up with cloth, de-tag empire and i highly doubt you would even get kills against your own vp geared friends.

app denied

Snapple
07-27-2015, 11:42 PM

you know you aint going to bed bro, your night has just begun.

http://i.minus.com/ix4fM9FjGAwyV.gif

deathpanel
07-27-2015, 11:52 PM
nice dude you killed people in your group leveling up

you're such a SICK cleric!!

wait bestow has a cleric?

Eslade
07-28-2015, 12:39 AM
unless you're with a group, pvp going in your favor probably isn't going to happen.

Smedy
07-28-2015, 01:14 AM
Why don't cleric's get anything that lands in PVP?

this isn't wow where every class gets everything

you have the best heals in the game, you are one of the strongest, if not the strongest support classes in the game

/thread

Kergan
07-28-2015, 02:00 AM
Get one of those tash proc'ing thingamabobs.

Coffee
07-28-2015, 09:35 AM
https://i.4cdn.org/b/1438056103026.jpg

Samsung
07-28-2015, 09:37 AM
this isn't wow where every class gets everything

you have the best heals in the game, you are one of the strongest, if not the strongest support classes in the game

/thread

Malevz
07-28-2015, 10:29 AM
Cleric named Raivin on live used to run around with a tash stick. Something to consider if you can melee and get a lucky proc ...

Samsung
07-28-2015, 10:57 AM
Cleric named Raivin on live used to run around with a tash stick. Something to consider if you can melee and get a lucky proc ...

just stop talking jesus warm body status

Ella`Ella
07-28-2015, 10:59 AM
Clerics are #1 pvp class against naked players.

Its too bad none of their shit lands. Zero. Stuns are worthless on anyone above 50 MR. Clerics worst 1v1 pvpers on this server.

Clerics are OP in a sense that they can drain any other caster out of mana while hitting for 70+ with the flail.

Thank god heals are irresistible tho amirite?

tl;dr...nerf clerics

Gonna want that CoF + Theurgist star DPS.

Malevz
07-28-2015, 11:23 AM
just stop talking jesus warm body status

-Gets banned several times for RMT, still can't quit.
-Messages me for several months to try to buy my SK, kissing my ass the whole time
-Loses Phara Dar, immediately begins to ask officers of Empire to get into Skype to discuss buying phara loot for minimal plat to hide the fact he's still trying to RMT.
-Hard to understand with TMO balls in his mouth
-Has body of a 10 year old
-Will eventually get caught for RMT again and get banned again, because he can't help it.

Efwan
07-28-2015, 11:36 AM
-Gets banned several times for RMT, still can't quit.
-Messages me for several months to try to buy my SK, kissing my ass the whole time
-Loses Phara Dar, immediately begins to ask officers of Empire to get into Skype to discuss buying phara loot for minimal plat to hide the fact he's still trying to RMT.
-Hard to understand with TMO balls in his mouth
-Has body of a 10 year old
-Will eventually get caught for RMT again and get banned again, because he can't help it.

Lol jesus sektor punctured a nerve with that last one I see.

Samsung
07-28-2015, 11:50 AM
Lol jesus sektor punctured a nerve with that last one I see.

It's what I'm good at. ;)

Killed this guy almost a dozen times, he's terrible, can't rmt skills bro.

hehehe

bolo
07-28-2015, 11:54 AM
Dealwithit.jpg
you might be a deciding factor in velious as cleric.
Everyone loves cleric

Malevz
07-28-2015, 12:01 PM
It's what I'm good at. ;)

Killed this guy almost a dozen times, he's terrible, can't rmt skills bro.

hehehe

Granted I don't keep track of every char you have/got banned, but pretttty sure I've never died to you.

LulzSect
07-28-2015, 12:06 PM
delete yourself

Samsung
07-28-2015, 12:54 PM
Granted I don't keep track of every char you have/got banned, but pretttty sure I've never died to you.

I have prof, lmk if u wanna make a bet on it.

Koota
07-28-2015, 01:02 PM
retti stop linking 4 chan photos you ding dong. they 404 like 30 minutes after you post them

Malevz
07-28-2015, 01:04 PM
I'm definitely willing to bet you haven't killed me "almost a dozen times". Wager the standard character deletion on it?

Samsung
07-28-2015, 01:15 PM
I'm definitely willing to bet you haven't killed me "almost a dozen times". Wager the standard character deletion on it?

I've killed you a total of 4 times, sorry if saying almost a dozen times.

Killed you on my druid Sektors x2, Sektorx x1, Sektorzz x1

Coffee
07-28-2015, 01:20 PM
retti stop linking 4 chan photos you ding dong. they 404 like 30 minutes after you post them

by design

keeping imprint low

thx

Deliverator
07-28-2015, 01:23 PM
this isn't wow where every class <gets everything> is balanced for PVP

/thread

Fixed.

I think we should turn this thread into a "We really need strikethrough text" thread.

Bokke
07-28-2015, 02:03 PM
So getting jumped the last few days and having to gate and run ...reminded me

Why don't cleric's get anything that lands in PVP? Every caster can do something but Cleric can't do SHIT! Does anyone else think clerics should get something even if it's a high level stun/nuke. I mean something.... :(

Come on!

When we were crying about the resist system and Nilbog changed it was it intended to do this to clerics? Was it classic as well!?

I remember cleric nuke landing maybe 1/3 of the time or so in PvP on high MR (300+) targets in PoP. Not sure if the tables changed after luclin/PoP to allow that, and I don't remember Velious. Enchanter nukes also landed about the same amount of time after tash, and they aren't landing at all right now.

Some one could enlighten me maybe but is priest/caster melee really 'off' right now? I also remember being able to actually melee people and do decent damage on my cleric. Right now it feels like hit chance for casters is crazy low and the damage is capped really low when you do hit. I'm not sure if this was classic or not. I remember there was a <Pandemonium> enchanter, I think Mythd, that used rod of annhilation and used to out-joust melee.

edit:
I think resists in general will need to be looked at in Velious at some point. Right now if you're 160+ nothing but lures or speciality spells are going to land. Druid & mage nukes in particular should be landing for partial damage way more than they are out-right resisting right now. I've also seen weird situations where some one will resist 2-3 nukes fully and then get hit for full damage.

Bokke
07-28-2015, 02:19 PM
On live long casting time magic based nukes above 40 never resisted ever

you might get a partial of 50% or less sometimes, but never an outright resist

they implemented a blanket resist system here and its dogshit, partials are stupid and not classic as it is.

Maybe, I honestly don't remember exactly how they worked.

I just know that chanters and clerics landed nukes on me at 350MR. I also know I landed (50%-80% damage) partials on the majority of my casts with fire based druid nukes, after ro, on Pandemonium targets. |

It's not like re-visiting the resists issue for Velious would break anything. Melee are already nuts and health-bars are going to practically double for some people.

HippoNipple
07-28-2015, 02:21 PM
If you want to be able to heal/damage/debuff/buff/crowd control be a shaman. If you want to be the best healer you have to be cleric and sacrifice the debuff.

Kergan
07-28-2015, 02:31 PM
My vague recollection of live was that you very rarely got outright resists on any nuke without a stun/root component to them (i.e. ench nukes, druid dmg roots, wizard interrupt nukes, cleric stun+dmg), but MR based ones usually partial resisted for garbage damage. The exception being the level 8 ench nuke chaotic feedback that almost always landed (and interrupted).

TarukShmaruk
07-28-2015, 02:44 PM
^

Resists were kinda weird on live..I guess there's more data now to know why things worked the way they do but basically it was:

-anything with some extra component had a super easy chance to be fully resisted. stun or forced interrupt (which was just a .1 sec stun anyway iirc)

-full resists on nukes without secondary effects seemed to be like a 5% chance regardless of your resists. resist gear would simply mitigate your damage. on my testing with CR and ice comet you'd get a ton of partial resists with high CR, but your full resists were the same as if you had no CR.

-spells with a pushback were the same as above

-certain spells seemed to ignore resists completely and only have the base 5% chance to resist - druid swarm dot line, almost all necro dots except heart flutter line and clinging darkness, necro taps

MR nukes with no other component were just like fire nukes or cold nukes - they'd land for full or partial almost always, and pretty much never fully resist except that base chance regardless of your MR

Bokke
07-28-2015, 02:58 PM
^

Resists were kinda weird on live..I guess there's more data now to know why things worked the way they do but basically it was:

-anything with some extra component had a super easy chance to be fully resisted. stun or forced interrupt (which was just a .1 sec stun anyway iirc)

-full resists on nukes without secondary effects seemed to be like a 5% chance regardless of your resists. resist gear would simply mitigate your damage. on my testing with CR and ice comet you'd get a ton of partial resists with high CR, but your full resists were the same as if you had no CR.

-spells with a pushback were the same as above

-certain spells seemed to ignore resists completely and only have the base 5% chance to resist - druid swarm dot line, almost all necro dots except heart flutter line and clinging darkness, necro taps

MR nukes with no other component were just like fire nukes or cold nukes - they'd land for full or partial almost always, and pretty much never fully resist except that base chance regardless of your MR

This actually sounds pretty accurate to me.
I'd add on a tangent necro spell Pyrocuror was almost guaranteed land and it was FR based. It along with splurt were the two go-to dots for necros in highly geared pvp. It resists a ton atm on r99.

Coffee
07-28-2015, 03:06 PM
i never had any probs

guess offensive clerics aint 4 weak minded followers

Sektor
07-28-2015, 03:17 PM
i never had any probs

guess offensive clerics aint 4 weak minded followers

i miss lure of reckoning :(

Buhbuh
07-28-2015, 06:21 PM
Ya they fucked up the pyro line a few patches back

Bokke
07-28-2015, 07:03 PM
Ya they fucked up the pyro line a few patches back

That explains it.
The rage Katrasle expresses when its resisted is absurd. He used to land that 100% of the time on PDM targets.

Colgate
07-28-2015, 07:11 PM
i wouldn't even mem the fire DoT line if i played a necro, and not because it has like a 5% chance of being resisted

Genedin
07-29-2015, 10:12 AM
lol

TarukShmaruk
07-29-2015, 10:59 AM
this is a custom server with completely custom code, nothing here is classic or even live like

when you snare a mob he has the same run animation just moves slower, and can still hit you from 10 miles away

server should still be in beta, classic imo

I noticed melee range on mobs seems to be pretty large...

compulsion
07-29-2015, 01:44 PM
The only chance this server had for reasonable resists left with Alecta. Haynar just listens to the forumquest champs, so now it is stupid easy to resist spells. 154 FR and I resisted 13 scoriaes in a row while testing it with an even con. 141 CR and only 1 of 20 JBB clicks landed. Just play your rogue or monk and let the shitshow go on.

Tassador
07-29-2015, 01:50 PM
For sure lava duct crawler in solb would blood boil you at lvl 60 with like no resist on live.