PDA

View Full Version : Necro Mage duo

ghost182
07-27-2015, 09:06 AM
Friend and I doing Mage necro, I'm the necro. Just looking for some good duo spots and any other tips. Have done befallen so far to lvl 16. Would. Kurns tower be a good spot? Unrest? Kaesora? We are also thinking about Highkeep guards. Also what Mage pet should he be using. The earth one doesn't let me fear or use darkness but I think I want to avoid darkness for heat blood anyway. Should I be using my undead nukes. Undead fear? Is a charm pet the best way to go once were 20? Any gear advice would also be welcomed. He hasn't gotten focus items yet and is there one for necros?

rciv
07-27-2015, 09:27 AM
Earth Pet + Charm pet is strong. Was doing this at CoM Ramparts with a mage the other day. I could see it translating well at lower levels. Keeps mob you are attacking in place for when charm breaks. I would do kurns -> Unrest yard/house -> unrest basement -> kaesora. Plenty of undead to charm, high ZEMS.

Teppler
07-27-2015, 09:34 AM
At your level you guys should be fear kiting. You pull with darkness line of spells, set both pets on mobs and fear. Mage adds nuke dps, you dont spend mana on anything else. You can kill non stop and at a decent killing rate.

dafier
07-27-2015, 09:38 AM
I (Mage) used to duo in DL often with necros. Fear kite (water or fire pet with a necro pet).

I'd nuke sometimes and pretty much just watch the pets destroy all mobs. Necro never had problems with mana.

If done properly, I believe there is Clinging Darkness & Fear. Pets would do the rest.

This method could be used in various zones from early to late levels.

Indoors, like said by RCIV, earth pet and either charms or just simply dot them up. Can't exactly fear inside unless you have a decently large area and you know the pathing of where you are at, AND it's cleared of other mobs.

ghost182
07-27-2015, 12:35 PM
We definitely want to stay in the highest ZEM areas and focus on undead or good cash camps

Eredhel
07-27-2015, 12:39 PM
Kurns should be great. I went on at level 20 and the upper levels were going green but the bottom was all blue. The drop down is a one way exit tho.

Teppler
07-27-2015, 12:46 PM
Necro/Mage are two of the least gear dependent classes. Get to 60 then you can worry about making dat money. Anyway that's probably the most efficient use of your time.

If you want good ZEM and some money do Goblins in SolA when you can. Monster ZEM and they drop some ore or something that sell. After that, Guards in HHK.