PDA

View Full Version : A new players view of PvP.

Ozzmal
07-24-2015, 11:31 AM
The pvp situations ive encountered so far. (Only level 16)

1.) Got jumped while tabbed out by a ranger wearing raid gear at level 17. By the time I opened the window back up I was at 10%. Wasnt angry, ask to LnS. Was allowed to go back to my camp in peace.

2.) A player was camping in an area I wanted. Proceeded to attack. They gate, /pvpover.

3.) Someone attacked me (assuming they wanted my camp). Defended myself. After decently long battle they got the best of me. Probably the most fun ive had PvPing on this server so far.

1 and 2 were very lame though. To be honest, I joined this server because of the low population, but I want to be part of the PvP as well (eventually I want to play a PvP healer type). Is it better at high levels?

daasgoot
07-24-2015, 11:33 AM
if you actively seek pvp you can find it.

if not, easy to avoid and never see pvp.

depends on how you play

end game content currently not being contested and there is no pvp over dragons atm.

Ozzmal
07-24-2015, 11:38 AM
if you actively seek pvp you can find it.

if not, easy to avoid and never see pvp.

depends on how you play

end game content currently not being contested and there is no pvp over dragons atm.

I see, I was under the impression that TMO and Empire, and another guild (GG I think) were all fighting it out on top?

contemptor
07-24-2015, 11:42 AM
I see, I was under the impression that TMO and Empire, and another guild (GG I think) were all fighting it out on top?
GG died. TMO not contesting, still gearing and leveling. Maybe one day.

Eslade
07-24-2015, 12:13 PM
GG died. TMO not contesting, still gearing and leveling. Maybe one day.

tmo is going to enjoy farming royal frosted velium armor.

daasgoot
07-24-2015, 12:23 PM

honestly, end game large guild v guild fights are terrible anyway.. ends up just being a huge pack of mobs running around mowing ppl over

some people may enjoy it.. I definitely never found those large fights any fun with constant unintentional and intentional training.

Susvain2
07-24-2015, 01:08 PM
The pvp situations ive encountered so far. (Only level 16)

1.) Got jumped while tabbed out by a ranger wearing raid gear at level 17. By the time I opened the window back up I was at 10%. Wasnt angry, ask to LnS. Was allowed to go back to my camp in peace.

2.) A player was camping in an area I wanted. Proceeded to attack. They gate, /pvpover.

3.) Someone attacked me (assuming they wanted my camp). Defended myself. After decently long battle they got the best of me. Probably the most fun ive had PvPing on this server so far.

1 and 2 were very lame though. To be honest, I joined this server because of the low population, but I want to be part of the PvP as well (eventually I want to play a PvP healer type). Is it better at high levels?

it's very rarely a fair fight. someone is always going to be the better class, have better gear, have more levels, have more mana when the battle began, have more potions..etc

killing the other person in pvp is about being an opportunist

Magikarp
07-24-2015, 01:12 PM
honestly, end game large guild v guild fights are terrible anyway.. ends up just being a huge pack of mobs running around mowing ppl over

some people may enjoy it.. I definitely never found those large fights any fun with constant unintentional and intentional training.

i disagree. the large fights with mobile rez stations and zone segment control are a blast

gg did pretty good at it for 1 fight. then they disappeared and never showed again. i was sad

probably sucks to be on the losing side of those hour-long fights though. not sure. never tried that

naw, gg fled like a cowardly dog and bent the knee to tmo, who promptly refused to play in any meaningful way until velious drops.

meanwhile emp doin regular velious practice runs on beta. who is going to dominate the server i wonder and why? tmo setting up for failure and forum post fuel

basically no pvp on this server as per now xcept random encounters

daasgoot
07-24-2015, 01:16 PM
These are the only fights that are fun because pvp is actually happening, otherwise pvp on red99 happens on zonelines and everyone runs / zones / plugs

its stupid

yeah fighting over vs had no zoning or plugging.

also was huge trains of mobs being pulled to the zone line from both outside DL and inside KC

was a blast!

Susvain2
07-24-2015, 01:22 PM
the story of manmode: friend of the giants

Magikarp
07-24-2015, 02:09 PM
yeah fighting over vs had no zoning or plugging.

also was huge trains of mobs being pulled to the zone line from both outside DL and inside KC

was a blast!

is that why your guild never came back?

its kc, trains happen. both sides were gettin caught up by mobs. videos were submitted but no raid suspensions for that one ya kno?

yes it was a blast though and that night has a special place in my heart. coulda gone either way if u ask me. i was counting my pixels

but then gg died forever rip

Cecily
07-24-2015, 02:15 PM
That night gave me horrible VP train war PTSD flash backs. Nothing more than a war of attrition without a time limit.
The sev fight a lil earlier than that was fun though.

Ozzmal
07-24-2015, 03:11 PM
I feel my thread has been somewhat derailed into an epeen contest between two guilds =) But, I appreciate information all the same.

Genedin
07-24-2015, 03:23 PM
Set your movement key to /who

whenever someone new is in the zone, expect they are coming to attack you

if after 15 minutes they don't attack you, you can relax

memorize people's names, low pop=same people will attack you

good strategy if you see someone zone in that you know will kill you, camp for 10 minutes and they will have gone away as they are looking for easy targets to greif

lvl as fast as you can and you'll distance yourself form the scrubs who can't hack 60 pvp so they twink low lvls

enjoy

Genedin
07-24-2015, 03:25 PM
Also, ignore these forums. The retardest of the retards are 99% of the ones who post here and you'll most likely gain no useful information and a disdain for human beings in general.

I often take breaks from p99 because my retardometer gets into the red and I have to distance myself from the slime on the server.

bubur
07-24-2015, 04:05 PM
im not retarded i passed grade 10 last week. i only originally got kicked out for selling weed to kids because im cool as fuck

suck it

SamwiseRed
07-24-2015, 04:13 PM
im not retarded i passed grade 10 last week. i only originally got kicked out for selling weed to kids because im cool as fuck

suck it

this thread is gay. what food is in your avatar?

Vile
07-24-2015, 05:09 PM
tmo is going to enjoy farming royal frosted velium armor.

haha holy shit.. i forgot about that armor :)

Buhbuh
07-24-2015, 05:52 PM
There will always be some form of the "resistance" guilds forming together for the common goal of contesting Empire, even in Velious, but that time is not right now and probably not in the very near future.

The beginning of Velious will more than likely be a free-farm for the #1 guild. Down the road, maybe not. But I wouldn't expect too much in the first month or two.

bubur
07-24-2015, 06:17 PM
this thread is gay. what food is in your avatar?

its bubur

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a8/Bubur_ayam_chicken_porridge.JPG

its porridge in english according to google

you basically just throw a bunch of chicken or boiled eggs in it.. or whatever u got laying around

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3092/2367864392_43343c4434_z.jpg?zz=1

iruinedyourday
07-24-2015, 06:51 PM
2 & 3 sound like awesome tho

you wanted a camp you took it, thats the like whole point isnt it?

Lasher
07-25-2015, 07:47 AM
Best fights I ever enjoyed in my EQ career was on live on TZ at TOV. We had ToV ent control and guild zoned into us was like 70 on 70. Had people piled up at the doorway to the hallway.

Snapple
07-25-2015, 08:19 AM
its bubur

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a8/Bubur_ayam_chicken_porridge.JPG

you basically just throw a bunch of chicken or boiled eggs in it.. or whatever u got laying around

fucking gross

TheBiznessTZ
07-25-2015, 11:16 AM
Best fights I ever enjoyed in my EQ career was on live on TZ at TOV. We had ToV ent control and guild zoned into us was like 70 on 70. Had people piled up at the doorway to the hallway.

Long live Tallon Zek. Best Server / God in the game.

Swish
07-25-2015, 11:30 AM
"wtf where's the bubur?" - said nobody ever

http://abload.de/img/1395106132066hvxy2.gif

daasgoot
07-25-2015, 11:36 AM
is that why your guild never came back?

its kc, trains happen. both sides were gettin caught up by mobs. videos were submitted but no raid suspensions for that one ya kno?

yes it was a blast though and that night has a special place in my heart. coulda gone either way if u ask me. i was counting my pixels

but then gg died forever rip

i think you must be confused, I was only in GG for ~3 days, was not in GG during the KC fight or any fight vs empire for a raid mob.

it is only an opinion.. my opinion is that those large battles are lame due to all the mobs involved.. and yes, like i said some trains are un-intentional, but there is also plenty of intentional training during those fights, and anyone who says otherwise is dumb.

i personally prefer 1v1 up to ~ 15v15 .. anything larger and its choo choo!

SamwiseRed
07-25-2015, 01:21 PM
its bubur

looks gud

Coffee
07-25-2015, 01:53 PM
the bottom one looks disgusting

are those green eggs on the kabob?

Genedin
07-25-2015, 03:05 PM
Quail eggs

Colgate
07-25-2015, 03:15 PM
i think you must be confused, I was only in GG for ~3 days, was not in GG during the KC fight or any fight vs empire for a raid mob.

it is only an opinion.. my opinion is that those large battles are lame due to all the mobs involved.. and yes, like i said some trains are un-intentional, but there is also plenty of intentional training during those fights, and anyone who says otherwise is dumb.

i personally prefer 1v1 up to ~ 15v15 .. anything larger and its choo choo!

you were at that last big VS fight

remember you zoned in and got raped by like a 1200 backstab from salt while windstrikered or something?

Sirban
07-25-2015, 05:24 PM
Looks a little big for quail eggs

daasgoot
07-25-2015, 06:58 PM

remember you zoned in and got raped by like a 1200 backstab from salt while windstrikered or something?

yes, i was there

i said i was not in good guys during that fight, or any other GG vs Empire fight

and yes, i went from 100-0 within 1 second of being windstrikered lol

Tassador
07-25-2015, 07:34 PM
yes, i was there

i said i was not in good guys during that fight, or any other GG vs Empire fight

you died in eq time to uninstall and play minesweeper.

Colgate
07-25-2015, 07:38 PM
yes, i was there

oh you were slosh then

my bad

daasgoot
07-25-2015, 08:14 PM
you died in eq time to uninstall and play minesweeper.

i actually go pretty easy on myself.. instead of instant uninstall i cut off 1 finger per death.. until i no longer have enough fingers to play eq.

wts
07-26-2015, 02:48 AM
Five years of Kunark = bored twinks. Wipe it clean.

Strange
07-26-2015, 03:26 AM
yes, i was there

oh you weren't in good guys ? well you were an enemy to empire and died,same thing
:p

plus you have been an enemy to empire so your reason for being in KC during mass pvp was obvious..

Strange
07-26-2015, 03:27 AM
did OP state his class ?

Ozzmal
07-26-2015, 05:40 AM
did OP state his class ?

Enchanter =)

Ozzmal
07-26-2015, 05:42 AM
Five years of Kunark = bored twinks. Wipe it clean.

Twinks are not a problem on this server, atleast from a new, non-twinked characters pov. They exist, but the fact that I got ganked by a twink once in 17 levels makes it pretty much a non issue (atleast for me)

Swish
07-26-2015, 06:20 AM
Some of the twinks are god awful anyway.

Tradesonred
07-26-2015, 06:54 AM
Some of the twinks are god awful anyway.

Doesnt matter if youre bad when the gear you have makes it impossible for my wiz with a solist icy wand to get through whatever theyre wearing. Thats an actual encounter, some guy just sitting there laughing for 3-5mins, tanking my solist icy wand nukes from top of shield hill in Crushbone. I didnt make much of a dent in his HP. The more i think of it, the events GMs should be doing is basically handing out gear to new bloods so they have some sort of fighting chance on the way up. Ideally this would involve special mobs like the WC werewolves during 2001 halloween event but i dont think this is happening.

Swish
07-26-2015, 07:14 AM
I remember a red event at the arena where the top 10 newbs won a bracer of the hidden... that's the kind of good shit they need.

Tradesonred
07-26-2015, 08:15 AM
I remember a red event at the arena where the top 10 newbs won a bracer of the hidden... that's the kind of good shit they need.

Thats still an item vets would give a shit about. I would go for this sort of event and prize, but say, on a raid day, so only actual noobs get to participate or at least have some of em get a shot at it.

Swish
07-26-2015, 09:32 AM
It's all about perspectives when you look at EQ pvp, some people choose to see something they like/hate and judge too quickly.

http://oi59.tinypic.com/2cidzs9.jpg

grannock
07-26-2015, 10:00 AM

Mass pvp no fun.

Tradesonred
07-26-2015, 10:02 AM
It's all about perspectives when you look at EQ pvp, some people choose to see something they like/hate and judge too quickly.

How long were you waiting to sneak that one in a conversation

Eslade
07-26-2015, 10:49 AM
How long were you waiting to sneak that one in a conversation

infant feet turn turn you on? pedo

Tradesonred
07-26-2015, 11:05 AM
infant feet turn turn you on? pedo

http://static.fjcdn.com/comments/warning+butthurt+below+_de77b4f9cddb0e929502f6edf0 8f55cc.jpg

Madbad
07-26-2015, 11:47 AM

!!!