PDA

View Full Version : Level 31 Enchanter Solo Kunark

kildone
07-21-2015, 02:48 PM
I prefer to group but sometimes I do not have time to find and travel to a group. Anyone have good ideas for solo? Especially interested in Kunark zones.

Qtip
07-21-2015, 05:04 PM
BB docks you willnt hold a charm considering the mobs are lvl 36-38 area. Find a class that can snare and do FV cliffs. The pirates are rogues and backstab for almost 300 dmg. Have a class that can snare pull none stop and use chase the moon to fear. None stop exp and mobs go down in 15-20 secs.

Sofresh
07-21-2015, 05:23 PM
i would go with what Qtip says from what i have seen of him he is a good chanter

kildone
07-21-2015, 07:32 PM
BB docks you willnt hold a charm considering the mobs are lvl 36-38 area. Find a class that can snare and do FV cliffs. The pirates are rogues and backstab for almost 300 dmg. Have a class that can snare pull none stop and use chase the moon to fear. None stop exp and mobs go down in 15-20 secs.

Thank you for the advice. I was thinking of going there based on the enc guides. My nephew has a necro almost to 30 and I could find others to duo with there.

Do you have any ideas for solo though for when I have to? I was thinking giant fort in FM but for something more challenging like a dungeon. Being on a red server makes it much more interesting.

iruinedyourday
07-21-2015, 07:35 PM
Can do yeti caves or giant fort if still a little too low, in Dreadlsnds... Would be goog I think, if you need to stay in kunark.

I'd suggest graveyard in mm so you can alternate between soloing and grouping, if you were ok with getting off kunark.

WW in kunark is prob going to have camps too.

I think you can do some cool stuff in Kasora, that's prob the best dungeon crawl
in kunark for that level.

In kunark most stuff you don't have a huge advantage with being an enchanter over other classes because most stuff is 1-2 pulls & outdoors. So really anything level 30+ on the wiki would be fine.

If you want challange and risk/reward camps, do mm/unrest/upper guk to learn the true ways of the enchanter. Find an item in those zones and figure out how to get to the drop and camp. Mm you should be at least 36 (imo) before you try to move into the castle solo.

Drakaris
07-21-2015, 07:38 PM
At 31 in kunark -
Giants in WW or FM
Apes outside of Dalnir
Dalnir

It is fairly slim pickings but your options blow up in the mid to late 30s
COM
Kaesora
Nurga (spider caves)

These places stay good from mid to late 40s (kaesora goes completely green at 45)

kildone
07-21-2015, 07:40 PM
docks in BBM are amazing exp and there is no better spot for you at that level

it will also teach you how to play better, by the time you leave youll be a good ench.

I had not thought of the dwarfs. I might need a couple levels but that could be a great spot to solo.

kildone
07-21-2015, 07:45 PM
Can do yeti caves or giant fort if still a little too low, in Dreadlsnds... Would be goog I think, if you need to stay in kunark.

I'd suggest graveyard in mm so you can alternate between soloing and grouping, if you were ok with getting off kunark.

WW in kunark is prob going to have camps too.

I think you can do some cool stuff in Kasora, that's prob the best dungeon crawl
in kunark for that level.

In kunark most stuff you don't have a huge advantage with being an enchanter over other classes because most stuff is 1-2 pulls & outdoors. So really anything level 30+ on the wiki would be fine.

If you want challange and risk/reward camps, do mm/unrest/upper guk to learn the true ways of the enchanter. Find an item in those zones and figure out how to get to the drop and camp. Mm you should be at least 36 (imo) before you try to move into the castle solo.

This is perfect thank you.

kildone
07-21-2015, 07:49 PM
At 31 in kunark -
Giants in WW or FM
Apes outside of Dalnir
Dalnir

It is fairly slim pickings but your options blow up in the mid to late 30s
COM
Kaesora
Nurga (spider caves)

These places stay good from mid to late 40s (kaesora goes completely green at 45)

I was thinking of doing Giants in WW. My nephew is bound there with a 21 necro hoping to group with him. I like your ideas about apes outside dalnir and maybe venturing inside.

Thank you.

iruinedyourday
07-21-2015, 07:58 PM
I think I did apes with a fungi monk, like level 22-27 at dalnir. But I can't remeber for sure.

Snapple
07-21-2015, 08:39 PM
Highpass guards/hhk goblins/guards/nobles

charm the rogue npc near the bank who backstabs for 300+. Can stay till 35ish

Snapple
07-21-2015, 08:44 PM
here is a non-complete list of the rogue mobs that qtip and myself have mentioned that you can charm.

a Dervish Cutthroats (L10-14) in West Commonlands and the various deserts of Ro can be rogues
an undead barkeep (L25) in Unrest is a rogue
Osargen (L22) in Highpass Keep is a rogue
an initiate familiar (L18-24) in Mistmoore will backstab if it is wearing leather pants
Some of the goblins in Solusek A (L18-30 or so, young < cinder < flame < fire < inferno) are rogues
a gypsy dancer (L25) in Mistmoore, although unfortunately they are a bit low level by the time you can get to them.
Pirates (L24-30), Pirate Cartographers (L26-29) and Pirate Destroyers (L33-36) in Firiona Vie can be rogues, and the zone is often empty.
sonic bats (L38-42) in Solusek B have a ridiculous stun proc. Make sure to keep Resist Magic up so they don't stun you!
A Spiroc Proven (L41) in Timorous Deep, although really who wants to go all the way out there?
lava guardians (L43-46) in Solusek B cast a nice 25 point damage shield on themselves.
Imp Protectors (L44-49) in Solusek B are rogues with a fire dd proc. I suggest a malo or being fairly high level though.
an abhorrent (L49) in the Plane of Hate. Ignore the whimpers of the rogues about their armor; you can kill the pet at the end.
Giz X`Tin (L50) in Kithicor is both a rogue and a monk; I have clocked him at 130 dps against General V`ghera. Sadly there are no xp mobs in the zone for a 58+.

Magikarp
07-24-2015, 03:08 AM
since you specifically asked for kunark:

overthere
firiona vie

large, outdoor zones with pathers. the strat is hang near the walls where you wont be attacked from behind. these mobs can be beguiled, barring some exceptions which require cajoling (majority of tigers [not tigress] in OT, almost nothing in FV), which means you can stand far enough away and recast charm without being hit

in FV its drolvargs SW and W walls, there are several kinds, you'll figure out whats a good charm and what's a little too low for efficient use.. forgot the suffixes rite now
in OT its anything that moves between the FM zoneline and the outpost

tho u probably dont need to hear all that, u made it to 31. these zones are good until 46 (make sure to get an easy 45 out of the way while mobs are still blueish) then you can go to DL and run around the zone

can hang near the KC wall in DL, but will attract pk's. once you learn whose in range and you see them in zone you can make a decision whether or not to stay near KC or just go into the wilderness like a wild bedazzling gazelle. even if they track, this zone is big. still can use beguile out here on some cockatrices, yetis, but now its time to keep cajoling up as well as root for ravenous brutes and several others... cajoling-rank is when it becomes too much of a cast to avoid getting hit using it at max cast range.. but with root, the cajoling-rank mobs are now best xp. watch out for the spiders, who are rangers that snare, dot, and nuke. you can chain lv 4 mez them to interrupt them if you find yourself toe to toe. you can generally avoid them due to abundance of melee mobs... if you manage to have an empty spellgem at this point (heh good luck with that), mem blur can serve well. also beware of ravishing drolvargs. they are the highest melee in DL and can be a pain to keep a charm on at 45-50. once you get paralyzing earth at 49 you can use them as nice grinders though. stop everything and do yourself a favor and farm a gazughi ring if you dont have one here.

i also went ahead and farmed a drachnid thxyl at this point. the spiders can be killed in regular-charm fashion if you're really careful, but the 'a dread widow' itself should be fear kited with an animation. just pull it into a corner and spam 'chase the moon' once your anim in is in on it. i got a level or two just farming that item because it can be elusive... but its fun to know you're getting a good item while grinding

one thing i did not do was farm the RS for the VP key while I was leveling here. that would have been a good idea. you can free-farm it here without getting ganked by most of the folk who come in at 60 to farm it. look up the spawn point if you want that.

once you hit 51, its more than safe to go into BW giants. think you need allure for this.

very nice camp at the giant fort in bw. you'll figure it out when you get there but def need patience. if you die, try try again, and rest with the knowledge that at 54 with c2 you can pull the entire camp and will be forced to pull outside mobs to satiate your vicious solo exp lust. 51-53 you can pull them all on a good day, but you'll be medding and stuff. just dont worry, that nasty downtime will be over soon.

around 55 or 56, i say go group a bit... get those mez skills up. your choice though. you can stay at bw giants until 57 or even 58 if you like but its pretty boring. i would join a guild at this point and go where the wind blows

but at 57 or 58.. no need to let your friends slow you down! go back to chardok and solo the exit area. might get an SoS drop or two in the grind to 60. fun zone and lots to use theft of thought on

tldr: overthere, firiona vie