PDA

View Full Version : Why no advertising for Velious Release? GM Events? Quests?

MEGANS LAW
07-20-2015, 12:37 PM
What is going on bros? Kunark release had tons of autism spread across Norrath with GM events, exp bonuses, etc etc.

Why is Velious not even receiving any GM fanfare?

Is it being delayed again?

DID I FUCKING TAKE VACATION AGAIN FOR IT TO BE DELAYED???

Coffee
07-20-2015, 12:38 PM
Postponed for eq2 progression server launch from what I heard

beta
07-20-2015, 12:40 PM

Probably

Kergan
07-20-2015, 12:40 PM

chortled

magician
07-20-2015, 12:41 PM
vellyohs ain't comin yall. 5 more years

Uthgaard
07-20-2015, 12:41 PM
What is going on bros? Kunark release had tons of autism spread across Norrath with GM events, exp bonuses, etc etc.

Don't think anyone after me has really understood the value of regular GM events.

Kergan
07-20-2015, 12:42 PM
I think Derubael tried one and it went so poorly due to the r99 community his brain literally turned to butter that night.

Samsung
07-20-2015, 12:42 PM
Don't think anyone after me has really understood the value of regular GM events.

Wish Red had gm events.

Slathar
07-20-2015, 12:44 PM
I think Derubael tried one and it went so poorly due to the r99 community his brain literally turned to butter that night.

I remember telling him I wouldn't be allowing anyone in the zone and that we also would not engage his GM mob. He threatened to ban me.

Tassador
Rogean the genius is going to retro kunark + items acquired and make this a classic server that will progress to kunark and then velious.

Recycled Children

No one did them as well as you did.

Kergan
07-20-2015, 12:46 PM
I remember telling him I wouldn't be allowing anyone in the zone and that we also would not engage his GM mob. He threatened to ban me.

It was maybe your defining moment as a pillar of the r99 troll community - a GM went insane.

Well done.

derpcake
07-20-2015, 12:46 PM

Nah, couldn't have been that.

derpcake
07-20-2015, 12:48 PM
It was maybe your defining moment as a pillar of the r99 troll community - a GM went insane.

lets not pretend ingame actions matter when it comes to FQ status

magician
07-20-2015, 12:49 PM

what happened to eunomia sir

magician
07-20-2015, 12:51 PM
WHAT HAPPENED TO OUR QUEEN

MEGANS LAW
07-20-2015, 12:52 PM
It's really sad.

People have applied to be GM's or at least GUIDES for years with nobody even speaking to them.

Eunomia's banned. Derubael's implicated in an RMT scheme and gone. Sirkorsky exclusively trolls forums for slight infractions. Sirken's been taking a well-deserved vacation. Rogean is distant from Red. Nilbog is a developer. I see Aussie now and then but his playtime is caput.

Really atm, Red99 has almost no customer support or avenue to discuss anything with anybody in charge of anything.

Staff does a good job but they just aren't on enough/take new guides to replace losing ones.

daasgoot
07-20-2015, 12:53 PM

his gm event was asking everyone on the server to be pals for the night and kill some big mob in DC together..

i can't imagine he was actually stupid enough to think that would go over well? or was he?

Kergan
07-20-2015, 12:57 PM
his gm event was asking everyone on the server to be pals for the night and kill some big mob in DC together..

i can't imagine he was actually stupid enough to think that would go over well? or was he?

If it he thought it would work or not really isn't the issue. It's the fact it was a GM event on the PVP server that penalized people for PVP.

Tassador
07-20-2015, 12:59 PM
It's really sad.

People have applied to be GM's or at least GUIDES for years with nobody even speaking to them.

Eunomia's banned. Derubael's implicated in an RMT scheme and gone. Sirkorsky exclusively trolls forums for slight infractions. Sirken's been taking a well-deserved vacation. Rogean is distant from Red. Nilbog is a developer. I see Aussie now and then but his playtime is caput.

Really atm, Red99 has almost no customer support or avenue to discuss anything with anybody in charge of anything.

Staff does a good job but they just aren't on enough/take new guides to replace losing ones.

Sir what is the status of your main characters??? I do say this staff has an impeccable credit to the consumer of Everquest emulations. It is you guys who are the unstable minds that roam in such ways that hinder the adult mind. It is you who has ruined your lands and will not ruin mine.

Samsung
07-20-2015, 01:01 PM
We need gm events badly. Start giving out kunark items that won't mean much in velious as rewards. Also there was a major event from kunark to velious i thought?

Itap
07-20-2015, 01:03 PM
4 more years of douchebag

Genedin
07-20-2015, 01:25 PM

actually believe this

Itap
07-20-2015, 01:33 PM
Kith forest, never forget

Troof
07-20-2015, 01:49 PM
Kith forest, never forget

heh

some of us will never know

Chronoburn
07-20-2015, 01:57 PM
I, for one, am forever scarred by a GM event.

Anyone from SZ remember when the GM's gave this item to a 20 something ranger who quit within a month?

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=6854

vouss
07-20-2015, 02:09 PM
Derubaels event was a lot of fun, I would consider it a huge success

Sheriff
07-20-2015, 02:17 PM

Should do double exp weekend with constant fm events the weekend before launch.

Malevz
07-20-2015, 02:20 PM

They ran those TV commercials about it, and that big radio campaign. Don't forget the leaflets they dropped from the Space Shuttle, and the 2 weeks we all spent in 'velious release' camp.

HippoNipple
07-20-2015, 02:38 PM
We need gm events badly. Start giving out kunark items that won't mean much in velious as rewards. Also there was a major event from kunark to velious i thought?

I agree with this. Last time a successful GM event went down the grandmaster logged in and went from level 1 noob to the best 60 on the server and has been slaying nerds ever since.

derpcake
07-20-2015, 02:41 PM
I agree with this. Last time a successful GM event went down the grandmaster logged in and went from level 1 noob to the best 60 on the server and has been slaying nerds ever since.

http://www.trajectum.hu.nl/files/beeld/nieuws/Borat_Great_Success.jpg

Tecmos Deception
07-20-2015, 03:10 PM

Threatened to ban you? That's not very imaginative for someone in charge of a custom event. He shoulda ran the event and had his mob chase down, kill, and corpse camp you in a RP-PVP event, and then handed out goodies to everyone who assisted in the process.

awfal
07-20-2015, 03:34 PM
They're emulating classic bro.

Would find a GM on original RZ once in a blue moon; also were far less GM events than blue servers.

Kergan
07-20-2015, 03:37 PM
Now that I think about it, nothing is more r99 than shitting up a GM event so badly that a staff member instantly develops stage 3 asbergers and is removed from the project shortly after.

magician
07-20-2015, 04:09 PM
**uncontrolable laughter ensues**

jk

cringing

Vile
07-20-2015, 04:13 PM
guys didn't get memo? velious launch = servers wipe and classic timeline to velious.

BardPop
07-20-2015, 04:15 PM
Hmm chronoburn you bring up a good point, how can this server be really classic if there are no gm events giving out those sorts of items here? I'd say maybe nix oakywynd just for balance issues in pvp but if we really want to be classic we should give out some of these classic gm event items in old gym event style. The code for the items is here and they can granted by the staff, I think it would be great to see people winning one per server events like that. I don't remember what the ranger did to win that bp, do you remember?

Ella`Ella
07-20-2015, 04:19 PM

Don't think any single GM after you has the power and access to run GM events the way you did.

Doors
07-20-2015, 04:32 PM

Man I'll never forget the GM event you threw in Qeynos hills for people under level 30 or so. Literally the funnest shit ever.

GMs are literally confined to CSR and answering petitions now and nothing else. It sucks.

jibekn
07-20-2015, 04:45 PM
my favorite hack is when i just push Q on my keyboard and it procs a tstaff effect.

wts
07-20-2015, 05:04 PM
They're trying to lay low because they know DBG is this close to pulling the plug. Just need a little more publicity for real narco trading and it's a done deal.

Alarti0001
07-20-2015, 05:33 PM

Never forget Hackanon

Uthgaard
07-20-2015, 08:52 PM

That just comes with doing events. You have to be good at managing shit that goes wrong. I accidentally encumbered a zone full of gfay noobs with several million copper on accident once while trying to give everyone 100pp.

Don't think any single GM after you has the power and access to run GM events the way you did.

Yeah they don't, and probably won't. You need access to run perl scripts in realtime to do a lot of that stuff, so besides all of the crazy shit you can do with it, you also have to have some development knowledge. IDK though, you can cause a lot of harm with enough motive and creativity with far less access. Refer to more recent history. Worst I did was make a Xzerion clone in EC that dropped an earring of sad exploitation, which no one could equip, and didn't even call him out by name.

Man I'll never forget the GM event you threw in Qeynos hills for people under level 30 or so. Literally the funnest shit ever.

Yeah, it's really all just about doing something crazy and spontaneous.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42134

Never forget Hackanon

Or the zerglings. Lesson learned from that event: people don't know what they want. Asked for high hp mob, bitched about 25 minute fight. Someone should meme that.

Nilbog has said he wouldn't be opposed to me running some events in the future but who knows what kind of freedom they'd let me have to make it what it could be.

Alarti0001
07-20-2015, 09:19 PM
Or the zerglings. Lesson learned from that event: people don't know what they want. Asked for high hp mob, bitched about 25 minute fight. Someone should meme that.

Nilbog has said he wouldn't be opposed to me running some events in the future but who knows what kind of freedom they'd let me have to make it what it could be.

People always gonna bitch

Hackanon was a fun event.

Uuruk
07-20-2015, 09:47 PM
I wouldn't mind uth back maybe he can give TMO red members instant 60's this time instead of on blue.

Uthgaard
07-20-2015, 09:53 PM
Doubtful, since character sales aren't allowed now, and that "instant 60" was a purchase out of my play character's personal funds. 2/10, troll smarter not harder

Chronoburn
07-20-2015, 11:27 PM
Hmm chronoburn you bring up a good point, how can this server be really classic if there are no gm events giving out those sorts of items here? I'd say maybe nix oakywynd just for balance issues in pvp but if we really want to be classic we should give out some of these classic gm event items in old gym event style. The code for the items is here and they can granted by the staff, I think it would be great to see people winning one per server events like that. I don't remember what the ranger did to win that bp, do you remember?

I think it was a Halloween scavenger hunt in one of the Karanas.

Kergan
07-21-2015, 01:05 AM
Should do a GM event to see who can kill Nexona the fastest.

Sriracha
07-21-2015, 01:08 AM

and where is he now.. exactly.

don't mess wit El chapo

AzzarTheGod
10-12-2015, 04:08 PM
Yeah they don't, and probably won't. You need access to run perl scripts in realtime to do a lot of that stuff, so besides all of the crazy shit you can do with it, you also have to have some development knowledge. IDK though, you can cause a lot of harm with enough motive and creativity with far less access. Refer to more recent history. Worst I did was make a Xzerion clone in EC that dropped an earring of sad exploitation, which no one could equip, and didn't even call him out by name.

Yeah, it's really all just about doing something crazy and spontaneous

I miss the Uthgaard era and I wasn't even there for it. Sounds like you were the "Last of the Mohicans", or last real GM. No offense to other staff, we just miss being able to have full blown Epic GM events like on Classic 1999-2004 Era.

It looks like the powers that Uthgaard had made for some very fun events. And that Uthgaard really recreated that "Epic GM Event" feel on a few occasions. I read recently in another post that the GM staff since Derubael is basically "neutered" to CSR only.

The only way anyone would get a GM event is with Rogean or Nilbog personally executing it themselves, and they are busy with other roles irl and on this project...So I guess that means never unless we started applying gentle pressure on nilbog on the forums to allow Uthgaard to take another swing at it.

miraclegrow2
10-12-2015, 04:55 PM
I miss the Uthgaard era and I wasn't even there for it.

Stopped reading after this sentence

nice necro bump retard

iruinedyourday
10-12-2015, 04:57 PM
funny, I stopped reading after I saw your fucking avatar.

mischief419
10-13-2015, 12:57 AM
funny, I stopped reading after I saw your fucking avatar.

Srsly get that 3rd party advert out, not even related to gaming.

miraclegrow2
10-13-2015, 01:06 PM
Gardening and gaming go together like peas and carrots

sorry you have no garden and are upset

AzzarTheGod
10-13-2015, 06:05 PM
I miss the Uthgaard era and I wasn't even there for it.

Stopped reading after this sentence

nice necro bump retard

Gardening and gaming go together like peas and carrots

sorry you have no garden and are upset

suck 1 degenerate gardening bully