PDA

View Full Version : Call of the Hero

nmdivoboy
07-19-2015, 01:22 AM
SMH...been killing for this spells for more then 24 hours combined killing mobs in Skyfire Mountains
a mature wurm
a shadow drake
a wandering wurm
a wurm spirit
an elder wyvern
Eldrig the Old
Faerie of Dismay
Felia Goldenwing

and to no avail. Gotten my 56 fire pet and a ton of other spells. Not really wanting to blow 10k for the spell. any suggestions?

Tecmos Deception
07-19-2015, 01:50 AM
My snobby (but not terrible) advice would be to go back in time and just farm for plat to buy the spell, cause you definitely could make 10k in less than half the time you've spent looking for the spell drop directly.

You didn't get any nice spells to drop that you could sell to then afford COTH?

Some of those mobs don't even drop 55+ spells, do they?

nmdivoboy
07-19-2015, 01:55 AM
just mark of karn, but most of the other spells were worth 50pp....with an occassional 1k spell. but definitely not 10k worth

Tecmos Deception
07-19-2015, 08:04 AM
Farming spells intentionally never has seemed to work out too well the times I've done it or heard of others doing it. Seems like it's a better use of time to just farm plat and then buy the spell that has dropped for a guild who was clearing trak's lair or doing VP or something, unfortunately.

Or you could try to wait for a month if you don't NEED the spell right away, because Velious introduces a lot more places for 55+ spells to drop I think.

Daldaen
07-19-2015, 08:10 AM
Farming spells intentionally never has seemed to work out too well the times I've done it or heard of others doing it. Seems like it's a better use of time to just farm plat and then buy the spell that has dropped for a guild who was clearing trak's lair or doing VP or something, unfortunately.

Or you could try to wait for a month if you don't NEED the spell right away, because Velious introduces a lot more places for 55+ spells to drop I think.

Don't listen to bolded bad advice. His other advice is solid though. NPCs that drop 55+ spells drop every classes spell. Meaning you're farming mobs with 40+ spells on their loot table in an attempt to get one of those forty. It takes some really good luck to stumble upon the one you need out of a single day of farming.

If you want the spell the fastest possible you are best off farming plat and buying it.

Come Velious, almost no Velious mobs will drop Kunark spells. The 55-60 spells dropped in Velious should only be Velious ones (Monster Summoning and the like). This may have an impact on the price of CotH since less people will be grinding in locations where it drops. So it is advisable to buy it now IMO. Or you could try to get some Velious spells soon and barter those new spells for CotH.

Swish
07-19-2015, 08:13 AM
Have you tested it on beta tho?

Daldaen
07-19-2015, 08:20 AM
I'm well aware of the current situation on beta, and it's currently limited to a few WW Dragons dropping Kunark spells ("almost no" implies a select few dragons in a single zone). Plus there is currently a bug post to remove those as they appear to have been added after Velious to the loot tables.

Killing in Velks, Kael, SG, DN, PoM... I've yet to see any Kunark spells dropped. As is classic.

Tecmos Deception
07-19-2015, 08:27 AM
I stand corrected! Velious noob here :(

webrunner5
07-20-2015, 03:28 AM
Yeah, hoping the one SPELL you want or need to drop, on high end stuff, is a sad way to spend days, maybe weeks, getting it. There IS a reason some of the high end spells cost a arm and a leg lol. :eek: It is more luck than sense, and being lucky as hell on a roll on top of that. :p

williestargell
07-20-2015, 11:15 AM
I could sell you a copy :)

dafier
07-20-2015, 11:29 AM
COTH drops in Seb off Juggs.

Velious zones do not drop Kunark spells. They didn't in live and they do not on P99 (or shouldn't).

B4EQWASCOOL
07-21-2015, 02:40 PM
Damn 10k for that spell on blue? On red you get that spell for free when you hit 55.

Seen it advertised for 500p once. People don't mage much on red.

Daldaen
07-21-2015, 03:07 PM
That's what happens when only 200 people play on the server.

Uuruk
07-21-2015, 03:34 PM
COTH drops in Seb off Juggs.

Velious zones do not drop Kunark spells. They didn't in live and they do not on P99 (or shouldn't).

And trakanon!

williestargell
07-21-2015, 04:41 PM
CotH drops off any of the good spell droppers in Seb. Juggs, Jumpy, Protector, Emperor. Get a group and go kill those. Even if you don't get CotH you will get something else good that can be sold to buy it.

Uuruk
07-21-2015, 04:45 PM
CotH drops off any of the good spell droppers in Seb. Juggs, Jumpy, Protector, Emperor. Get a group and go kill those. Even if you don't get CotH you will get something else good that can be sold to buy it.

Yep! Good advice.

Man0warr
07-21-2015, 07:10 PM
Just go farm Seafuries or AC with the rest of the mages on the server and you'll have the plat in no time.

Lojik
07-22-2015, 02:37 AM
You haven't gotten immortals book to drop? Can't that be MQed for a pretty penny?

Also think of the name of the spell, "Call of the Hero." Do you think heroes are called to farm tons of plat to simply buy things they want, or to slay vile creatures? Fuck all the advice here, go farm skyfire for 2 months and report back. You'll build character that way.

dafier
07-22-2015, 09:26 AM
And trakanon!

I didn't know. Stupid EQ. WTF is a level 55 spell dropping off a raid mob that SHOULD BE DROPPING lvl 59/60 spells.

That's why I don't understand the originality of some of the level 55 spell drops in this game.

Example, I got a level 55 wiz spell off Neh'Ashiir yesterday. He is level 52 ish. That sounds about right.

But a 55 spell that drops off a raid force mob. Kinda dumb.

Man0warr
07-22-2015, 09:46 AM
Certain Velious bosses did drop level 60 Kunark spells, although I'm not sure if it was at launch or added in late Velious or Luclin. Definitely seen Torpor drop.

Magelo has it dropping off Harla Dar and Sontalak in WW, at pretty good rate too.

dafier
07-22-2015, 09:58 AM
You are correct but it was late Velious or Luclin.

At release or within a week or two there was an increase of Kunark spell drops off Kunark mobs in general.

So Gorenaire and what not would drop like 3 or 5 spells constantly instead of 1 or 2. That was the only difference in the beginning.