PDA

View Full Version : Slow procs and DW/2h

Whoop
07-15-2015, 07:02 AM
Are there other weaponcs procing slow besides epic and swarmcaller?

I have a lammy now and will soon hit DW lvl, should I stick with 2 weps or are there better 2handers? I have a limited budget so Woodsman is out of the question and I think I'll wait untill Velius comes and hope FBSS goes down in price...

Whoop
07-15-2015, 08:47 AM
Ignore my second question, found the answer in other threads :)

ghost182
07-15-2015, 09:24 AM
Think those are the only 2 for us I know of. I suggest 2h and spring wood stave is nice cheap version of woodsman's. Remember offhand hit chance goes up with Lvl or skill number or something? So Dw becomes more viable later like 50+. Also if you intend to pric slow with swarm caller it's much easier to swap two 2h then a 2h and DW set

ghost182
07-15-2015, 09:26 AM
whether solo or group you get riposted less with a 2h and slower weap so you take a good amount less damage especially over a long period of time. And you don't need DW for aggro you have flamelick

webrunner5
07-15-2015, 10:29 AM
whether solo or group you get riposted less with a 2h and slower weap so you take a good amount less damage especially over a long period of time. And you don't need DW for aggro you have flamelick

And you can cast spells between swings on a 2 Hander. Go 2hander or go home till epic, and I am not even a big fan of them to be honest. I think they are dogshit slow, both of them, and HOPING one will proc, well good luck with that happening on a regular basis.

And neither proc ,haste maybe, is not really your job in a high end group. That is why the Devs, in their infinite wisdom, developed a Shaman and a Enchanter to do that a lot more efficiently. :p

If you think you are going to Tank, Slow and Haste yourself in a group in Velious well what can I say.

Ciroco
07-15-2015, 12:56 PM
Swiftwind haste isn't a proc bro.

Whoop
07-16-2015, 02:17 AM
Think those are the only 2 for us I know of. I suggest 2h and spring wood stave is nice cheap version of woodsman's. Remember offhand hit chance goes up with Lvl or skill number or something? So Dw becomes more viable later like 50+. Also if you intend to pric slow with swarm caller it's much easier to swap two 2h then a 2h and DW set

Thanks!

Got myself a Silver swiftsword, Springwood and Arbitor's Combine Greatsword yesterday so I guess I'm set on weapons for awhile then :)

Next will be haste and good armor - give up ac for str if soloing for most part?

williestargell
07-16-2015, 09:27 AM
give up ac for str if soloing for most part?

definitely NOT. AC is important if you're getting hit.

What level are you? 2H are best at mid-level after you pass the damage caps. Prior to passing that level they suck as they are slow and capped (Even high damage 1h like wurmslayer are bad before damage cap is removed). After your dual wield skill is maxxed, and with good ratio weapons dual wielding again surpasses a 2H weapon. 2H are only best dps for a ranger in those mid-levels between.

It's also important at low levels to have all the weapons to skill up with.

...haste maybe...

Worn Haste is without debate 100% your number 1 priority at ALL TIMES as a ranger. If you want to qualify yourself as "high end" you need to have 31% worn haste as an absolute minimum. Between worn haste and spell haste you should reach 100% haste and max enchanter haste is 70 with WR so anything less than 31% makes you less than "high end" FBSS or better needs to be your next purchase, saving up a little longer for an RBB wouldn't be a bad idea.

Haste will effect your soloing more than anything. Without it, you can pack your bags and go home or bow kite. Please do not listen to people who say that haste is not the most important thing in your life as a ranger.

kaev
07-16-2015, 12:05 PM
give up ac for str if soloing for most part?

No, most definitely do not give up AC for STR when tanking (solo ranger tanks his mobs in current era unless he wants to bow-kite, and bow-kiting seriously sucks whether you use snare or root.) Pretty much the only thing worth giving up AC for when tanking on a ranger is haste, nothing else will give you enough damage output increase to be worth the damage intake increase.

When I solo my ranger (currently L50) I start with Dwarven Work Boots + Executioner's Hood for feet + head to get a more dex for a quicker (on avg) Greater Wolfform proc from my Lupine Dagger. As soon as I get a proc I swap to Tolan's Boots/Helm for the 23 extra AC (40ish displayed AC, iirc) and the difference in damage taken over time is quite noticeable. Hell, the 18 AC is the only value to the Tolan's Boots (useless clicky), and they're well worth it anytime you have to tank whether solo or in a group.

Come velious it becomes possible to fear-kite animals solo. Fear-kiting takes you out of the tank role which make AC far less valuable. At that point STR would be worth more than AC, just as it is in a group DPS role.

williestargell
07-16-2015, 04:12 PM
BTW, rangers tank great at low level in groups.

It's only after they hit their defense, dodge, etc caps that they don't tank virtually as well as the plate classes. So at low level AC is very important.

webrunner5
07-16-2015, 09:19 PM
Swiftwind haste isn't a proc bro.

I stand corrected.Thanks for the heads up. Too many beers. :p:p