PDA

View Full Version : Fizzles on Cannibalize

Corydon
07-15-2015, 03:15 AM
Howdy Shaman!

Many shaman use a macro for cannibalize.
Something like

stand up
cast cannibalize
wait for the cast to finish
sit down

So far, so good.

BUT:
It's so annoying when you fizzle and just stand there waiting for the sit down to happen.

That made me think why is a "no mana" spell with maxed skill (alteration) fizzling at all? Will it get better (I am lv 35 currently) or will I always have fizzles?

If the latter is true, I might stop using the macro at all and just manually stand up, press the cannibalize gem until it does not fizzle and sit down for the mana regen tick... rinse, repeat.

What do you guys think?

Cheers!

Burog
07-15-2015, 03:18 AM
Get a telescope for about 50-100 plat and put canni 1 on ur first spell slot. After a while it gets kinda tedious watching server ticks all the time. or even worse when u get those funky server ticks where ur hp is going up and down all the time.

Troxx
07-15-2015, 04:28 AM
You will always have fizzles.

I would never consider dropping the macro.

If you fizzle (far less common than not fizzling), you still get back to back mana ticks for 1 click.

If you manually click, you will still get fizzles at the same rate, but 95% of the time that you don't fizzle you'll be clicking 3 buttons vs 1. When you DO fizzle ... you'll get that extra cast at the cost of 4 clicks vs the 1 click that failed. Even with the fail ... you ... still ... got ... 2 med ticks ... and ... didn't ... lose ... hitpoints.

Feel free to make it more labor intensive if you want.

I wouldn't.

applesauce25r624
07-15-2015, 04:54 AM
at 58 i fizzled canni2 three times in a row

i had to uninstall the game out of shame ;[

Corydon
07-15-2015, 06:08 AM
You will always have fizzles.

I would never consider dropping the macro.

If you fizzle (far less common than not fizzling), you still get back to back mana ticks for 1 click.

If you manually click, you will still get fizzles at the same rate, but 95% of the time that you don't fizzle you'll be clicking 3 buttons vs 1. When you DO fizzle ... you'll get that extra cast at the cost of 4 clicks vs the 1 click that failed. Even with the fail ... you ... still ... got ... 2 med ticks ... and ... didn't ... lose ... hitpoints.

Feel free to make it more labor intensive if you want.

I wouldn't.

Sure, of course when I manually click I still have the same fizzle rate. But I can click immediately right after. It's just sooo annyong when the fizzle happens inside the macro ;o)

I will stick to the macro - just wanted to get some notion of other shaman :)

webrunner5
07-15-2015, 10:47 AM
It seems to be a fact of life on a Shaman to fizzle Canni. :eek: But it is not life changing, and yes I use the Macro also.

You are busy enough on a Shaman let alone trying to do that task, which is you life blood, manually. :p

Destron
07-15-2015, 01:21 PM
I don't think using a macro for canni dancing is the way to go. Just get used to timing ticks and casting in quick succession.

eisley
07-15-2015, 02:05 PM
ditch the macro

Corydon
07-16-2015, 02:27 AM
Seems you guys are just not as annoyed as I am by in-macro fizzles, hehe :D

Vega
07-16-2015, 11:51 AM
Get a telescope for about 50-100 plat and put canni 1 on ur first spell slot. After a while it gets kinda tedious watching server ticks all the time. or even worse when u get those funky server ticks where ur hp is going up and down all the time.

I use this method personally. You can cast canni almost non-stop till your HP is down where you want it, then sit and med without having to worry about timing ticks. You may miss one or two med ticks while doing this (at most), but you also get your mana faster, which is obviously important in some situations.

Samoht
07-16-2015, 12:03 PM
Many shaman use a macro for cannibalize.
Something like

stand up
cast cannibalize
sit down

If you're fizzling on the spell cast, you can actually have a second spell cast queued in the macro that will fire after the fizzle. It's really effective for SK/Necro fizzles on FD or cleric CH chains.

stand up
cast cannibalize
cast cannibalize
sit down

kaev
07-16-2015, 01:50 PM
If you're fizzling on the spell cast, you can actually have a second spell cast queued in the macro that will fire after the fizzle. It's really effective for SK/Necro fizzles on FD or cleric CH chains.

stand up
cast cannibalize
cast cannibalize
sit down

My heal macros use the form:
/sit off
/cast #
casting [whatever] on %T
/cast #

"/sit off" will still work if they ever shut off "/stand" for not being :classic:.
I almost never get consecutive fizzles since I put the chat line in-between the two /cast lines, I've no clue why this is true.
I don't always want to sit immediately after a cast.

CH chain macro would be different, whatever form your guild prefers is (obv) correct.

Corydon
07-16-2015, 02:13 PM
I use this method personally. You can cast canni almost non-stop till your HP is down where you want it, then sit and med without having to worry about timing ticks. You may miss one or two med ticks while doing this (at most), but you also get your mana faster, which is obviously important in some situations.

Interesting idea! Although every guide tells me to take care of the mana tick and not spam canni. I will run my own benchmark though and find out :)

Corydon
07-16-2015, 02:18 PM

stand up
cast cannibalize
cast cannibalize
sit down

Dude, this is the best solution for me! Adding an extra canni cast line is so simple yet so powerful. This will alleviate my canni issue 99,9%. Thank you!

Zeonick
07-18-2015, 01:30 PM
I just have a hotkey for sit, and one to cast canni. So I just press 4 (sit) 5(canni) 4(sit). I got tired of the fizzling also. I basically just hit 5 a few times in quick succession to make sure I cast past an initial fizzle. I don't like waiting on macros because of the slight pauses.