PDA

View Full Version : Are you comming back for Velious? (Non-active players only)

Fame
07-14-2015, 02:56 PM
There are a lot of lurkers out there who only read the forums.

I'm wondering how many people might be taking a look at the forums a few weeks before Velious goes live.

Will we be anywhere close to 500 players?

If you plan on playing again in velious, vote Yes.

If not, vote No.

Poll is Anon, honor system.

Will be subtracting 35 or so votes on the assumption that they are regular forumquesters doing what they do.

Pumped
07-14-2015, 03:15 PM
Probably not, later in velious maybe

India
07-14-2015, 03:21 PM
Population is going to be booming at this rate! ;)

Champion_Standing
07-14-2015, 03:32 PM
Tried coming back, played for about 3 weeks already bored as fuck, velious just adds more boring shit.

Pumped
07-14-2015, 03:37 PM
velious adds fun stuff, but the crying, training, and /ooc shitting and fighting over loot isnt sounding exciting at all.

i cant imagine that drama thats going to happen with literally every loot call.

Eslade
07-14-2015, 03:38 PM
I voted no even though I'm playing now. am I doing it right?

Genedin
07-14-2015, 03:47 PM
I'm really afraid of the 12 hour long raids I've heard about. No way I can commit to that.

Champion_Standing
07-14-2015, 03:49 PM
velious adds fun stuff, but the crying, training, and /ooc shitting and fighting over loot isnt sounding exciting at all.

i cant imagine that drama thats going to happen with literally every loot call.

The level of immersion around here is shocking honestly. I can't even comprehend caring about this game that much, that is what bores me most. If i want to listen to grown men's drama ill watch cspan.

Ruinous
07-14-2015, 03:53 PM
I'll come back long enough to solo to 60 in WW or WL or DN...

Absolutely no intent to join a raiding guild that I'll have to devote tons of RL hours at a time to clear through ToV and ST.

I was fortunate enough to have done all of this content back on live during Velious though so I'm a bit biased towards not doing it all over again on a server full of grown ass men acting like angst-filled teenage boys 24/7.

Deliverator
07-14-2015, 04:02 PM

Absolutely no intent to join a raiding guild that I'll have to devote tons of RL hours at a time to clear through ToV and ST.

I was fortunate enough to have done all of this content back on live during Velious though so I'm a bit biased towards not doing it all over again on a server full of grown ass men acting like angst-filled teenage boys 24/7.

I like you.

Eslade
07-14-2015, 04:09 PM
I'm really afraid of the 12 hour long raids I've heard about. No way I can commit to that.

they only took that long because most people didn't know what they were doing. Internet connections sucked and very few people used voip. pretty sure that raids will take about as long as vp does right now.

Ruinous
07-14-2015, 04:13 PM
It's not really a valid comparison as the mechanics will vary a little, but raiding ToV on the Sleeper wasn't nearly that long and we did it with fewer neckbeards than what the guilds on R99 will have.

With how stagnant the server has become and how much VP gear has saturated the player base because of it, I wouldn't hold your breath that it'll be at all like the experience on live. Which is another reason I won't participate in it. The challenge will be watered down for certain.

Colgate
07-14-2015, 04:26 PM

sorry 2 burst ur bubble but those zones are gonna be off limits to non-Empire members

Ruinous
07-14-2015, 04:35 PM
sorry 2 burst ur bubble but those zones are gonna be off limits to non-Empire members

So young, so naive. It's kind of cute but in a depressing feel-sorry-for-you sort of way. :o

Colgate
07-14-2015, 04:42 PM
do you seriously think you'll be grinding exp in western wastes?

Ruinous
07-14-2015, 04:46 PM
do you seriously think you'll be grinding exp in western wastes?

I've been grinding xp in every single zone that I've wanted to in Kunark while dropping most Empire members that interfere with me. Why do you think Velious will be any different?

Your inflated ego is pretty funny though. I'll be eagerly awaiting Velious release to see all of these empire members devoting all of their time to lock down outdoor xp zones though, and not, ya know, raiding. Or working on faction. Or working on resist gear. Hahaha.

You're a funny young boy. I'll give you that!

Colgate
07-14-2015, 04:58 PM
http://www.r99pvp.net/seasonone/showplayer.php?p=Hyarth

alright, i thought you were serious for a moment

haha, you got me

Ruinous
07-14-2015, 05:04 PM

haha, you got me

I'm not sure how my PvP stats in any way validate the argument you're trying to make. That seems like a pretty weak cop out to me.

I was around 20 to 3 before I stopped caring about this server and started AFKing at my bind for hours on end. You'd be able to see that pretty evidently if you had developed any sense of reading comprehension though.

But back to the topic at hand. How does that validate what you're saying?

Uuruk
07-14-2015, 05:09 PM

haha, you got me
Yikes

Tassador
07-14-2015, 05:12 PM
How is a Druid 23-22 wow really bad you should prob quit dude.

Ruinous
07-14-2015, 05:57 PM
How is a Druid 23-22 wow really bad you should prob quit dude.

I was around 20 to 3 before I stopped caring about this server and started AFKing at my bind for hours on end. You'd be able to see that pretty evidently if you had developed any sense of reading comprehension though.

Try to keep up buddy!

I'm not surprised that someone who hasn't even played since November of last year is only ever actively forumquesting though. Don't take your angst out on me pal, I'm not to blame for you having to resort to barking on the forums every single day instead of trying to farm ocean of tears almost every second you've ever actually been logged in on Red.

Cute diversion tactics ITT though! :cool:

Tassador
07-14-2015, 06:12 PM
Thanks bro was a good easy read and 20-3 is good I verified by composing your deaths on an excel spreadsheet and added a column with the dates of your kills.

Pitborn
07-14-2015, 06:32 PM
Love everquest pvp.

Hate this community.

Still undecided but leaning towards no.

krazyGlue
07-14-2015, 06:36 PM
Love everquest pvp.

Hate this community.

Still undecided but leaning towards no.

You quit and rmted a 60 shaman because you were not awarded torpor on a raid you did not show up to . Your opinion is invalid

Qtip
07-14-2015, 07:44 PM
Try to keep up buddy!

I'm not surprised that someone who hasn't even played since November of last year is only ever actively forumquesting though. Don't take your angst out on me pal, I'm not to blame for you having to resort to barking on the forums every single day instead of trying to farm ocean of tears almost every second you've ever actually been logged in on Red.

Cute diversion tactics ITT though! :cool:

Yo hyarth!

Ruinous
07-14-2015, 08:01 PM
Yo hyarth!

What's up bro!! How have you been? Still dunking on these clowns on a daily basis I hope.. ;)

Mr Popo
07-14-2015, 08:39 PM
Thx 2 colgate for taking a shit in a thread about the playerbase who abandoned coming back. Really earning dat cred for your guild.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
07-14-2015, 08:41 PM
No

I'm done

Biaxil
07-14-2015, 08:46 PM
Most likely no for two reasons. One is that I really don't have time for the game, and was giving it time that I shouldn't have. We all know EQ is not a game you just pick up and put down whenever. The 2nd reason is raiding. I never got a chance to on live back in 2001, being that my comp died and by the time my family got a new one, I already moved out. I raided about 10 times on this server, and while fun the first couple times, it got boring quick. Spent more time getting to the raid sight and waiting for the whole guild to show up, than actually raiding. With end game being about raiding, and you can't compete if you don't raid, I see no point in coming back.

Qtip
07-14-2015, 08:51 PM
What's up bro!! How have you been? Still dunking on these clowns on a daily basis I hope.. ;)

I try. Only get an hour or so a night with work right now. Not much time to get anything done but a kill or 2.

Everyone should give it a try to be honest. Velious opens up a whole new game with factions and quests.

Troof
07-14-2015, 09:12 PM
lots of emotion

good thread so far

Troof
07-14-2015, 09:12 PM
voted no

Madbad
07-14-2015, 09:18 PM
vanilla or GTFO

hurt
07-14-2015, 09:23 PM

haha, you got me

http://s12.postimg.org/73f0s011p/colgate.jpg

shhh

iruinedyourday
07-14-2015, 09:30 PM
vanilla or GTFO

http://reactiongif.org/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/08/GIF-fuck-yeah-approval-Jennifer-Lawrence--Aw-yeah-Yeah-GIF.gif

SamwiseRed
07-14-2015, 10:43 PM
velious sucks, wipe it clean and remove kunark :)

iruinedyourday
07-14-2015, 10:52 PM

http://reactiongif.org/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/08/GIF-fuck-yeah-approval-Jennifer-Lawrence--Aw-yeah-Yeah-GIF.gif

wts
07-14-2015, 11:05 PM
Nope. Will come back for new server or not at all.

Mudslinger
07-15-2015, 08:04 AM
Nope. Will come back for new server or not at all.

Reckon that meens we won't see you again

/wave

Don't let the door hit you on the way out

hammbone
07-15-2015, 01:29 PM
Rules need to be further defined and rule enforcement must be consistent. Rules will never be perfect but rulings need to be public, updated regularly, and retro on effected individuals when overturned.

Velious will bring an avalanche of petitions and forum questing that I don't think our GMs are ready for. It's far too easy to jack multi-quests, quest events, and rare spawns in Velious. Now factor in the <choice zone> PvP anarchy via LoS & faction burning topped off with gypsy hit brigades focused on disrupting CH chains and causing raids to wipe.

Oh it would be sooo much fun... but I'd rather not sink time into something only to be selectively banned when the wrong person with the right connections gets jacked.

Pumped
07-15-2015, 01:29 PM
You quit and rmted a 60 shaman because you were not awarded torpor on a raid you did not show up to . Your opinion is invalid

but first he sold out to nihilum and abandoned his friends

for a spell

LOL

later nerd

Fame
07-15-2015, 01:51 PM
Poll results kind of disturbing tbh

Awwalike
07-15-2015, 03:42 PM
show voters names or poll dum

Tomm Selleck
07-15-2015, 04:18 PM
Ya, b3cuz I'm a sikfuk and can't wait to buff nerds for 19 hours. You shamans think buffing in sky and vp were bad.... that wasn't even it's final form

Pitborn
07-15-2015, 04:31 PM
but first he sold out to nihilum and abandoned his friends

for a spell

LOL

later nerd

Quit the box like a year ago and you still infatuated with me Butterbrain?

Still got more friends on the server then you. 8)

Vile
07-15-2015, 05:17 PM

prasss

Mr Popo
07-15-2015, 06:44 PM
show voters names or poll dum

TYS
07-15-2015, 06:56 PM
Rules need to be further defined and rule enforcement must be consistent. Rules will never be perfect but rulings need to be public, updated regularly, and retro on effected individuals when overturned.

Velious will bring an avalanche of petitions and forum questing that I don't think our GMs are ready for. It's far too easy to jack multi-quests, quest events, and rare spawns in Velious. Now factor in the <choice zone> PvP anarchy via LoS & faction burning topped off with gypsy hit brigades focused on disrupting CH chains and causing raids to wipe.

Oh it would be sooo much fun... but I'd rather not sink time into something only to be selectively banned when the wrong person with the right connections gets jacked.

this

Fame
07-15-2015, 07:24 PM
I was gonna have names in poll, but I figured if someone is lurking they would probably not want to put a name out there, also, it offers an oppourtunity for more honesty (and trolling). The community gets what they give.

Can't tell me how to live my life

Tradesonred
07-15-2015, 10:33 PM

The server rules are hopelessly blue. You should be able to go in with a few people and kill healers CH'ing. Or else whats the point of a fucking pvp server, i can have duels on blue if i want.

Humerox
07-15-2015, 10:33 PM
I'll be eagerly awaiting Velious release to see all of these empire members devoting all of their time to lock down outdoor xp zones though, and not, ya know, raiding. Or working on faction. Or working on resist gear. Hahaha.

That is going to be funny if he's serious, lol.

dontbanpls
07-16-2015, 12:05 AM
Voted no