PDA

View Full Version : Bracket based PvP Idea

SamwiseRed
07-14-2015, 12:29 PM
So the basic idea is to elminate the whole "are we all in range to soandso" and other problems. I offer two solutions. This does not apply to 1-45 as these levels don't matter.

Solution 1, two brackets.
46-52 entry level end game
53-60 end game
Only level ranges within these brackets could pvp each other. Meaning a 45 couldnt attack a 46 or vice versa. This would allow newer guilds to progress and establish themselves before hitting 53. Only problem with this solution is that you would still have to enable FFA in certain zones such as Sebilis and Planes.

Solution 2, one end game bracket
46-60
Eliminates all confusion as to where you stand. Eliminates the need to FFA any zone (unless level 1s can goto Seb or what not.) Eliminates almost all of the OOR low level farmers. Significantly increases pvp. Downside is that this could lead to a lot more grief if guilds aren't willing to fortify their leveling zones.

Personally I think solution 2 is the best idea as its simple and serves a purpose.

LoliPops
07-14-2015, 12:39 PM
http://i.imgur.com/IvpKUrE.jpg

easy_lee
07-14-2015, 12:44 PM
Brackets work better because everyone who belongs in a given zone should be able to kill everyone else who belongs in that zone. I suggested using who you can group with as the range simply because it's extremely easy and I miss the good old FFA days. FFA with teams would be kickass. But brackets are easy and they work.

Eslade
07-14-2015, 01:18 PM
why not just code it so that if you attack a group, that entire group can choose to join in or just watch?

SamwiseRed
07-14-2015, 01:22 PM
why not just code it so that if you attack a group, that entire group can choose to join in or just watch?

they tried it in beta, ended up being buggy as hell. I think it would be a nightmare to code as some spells would be hard to flag as helpful or harmful IE dispels, cure disease for crim pots, see invis (to fuck up buff stack and bottom slot dots), ect. I remember Canni flagging you for all pvp levels or some shit. It is just too much.

i chose brackets for the simple reason as they are simple. 1-45 is leveling. 46+ is competing. if you can complete your epic and travel to the planes, you are a big boy now.

they should also make YT 46+ already. this would help with low level griefing and also the crushbone leaderboard would actually reflect end game pvp going down.

it would knock out a flock of birds with one stone.

Eslade
07-14-2015, 01:26 PM
why not just make it any spell that you cast on another player flags you as soon as you start casting?

easy_lee
07-14-2015, 01:27 PM
why not just make it any spell that you cast on another player flags you as soon as you start casting?

Because then people will just wait for someone to be at low health, then nuke them.

SamwiseRed
07-14-2015, 01:29 PM

not following unless you mean any spell which would present a ton of problems such as porting, healing, buffing someone. id rather deal with a low 40s OOR healer than a 54 one like we have now. aint nobody bringing a level 45 OOR alt to help pvp, they'd be next to useless. no more OOR rez station for u, ect.

Eslade
07-14-2015, 01:35 PM
Because then people will just wait for someone to be at low health, then nuke them.

Don't attack a group of oor people? it would solve more problems than it would create. porting should be able to be interrupted. same with rezzing. I really don't see the problem.

SamwiseRed
07-14-2015, 02:30 PM
I am still not sure what you are going for. So if a level 9 Shaman gives a level 60 sow that is in a group, they should be flagged for level 60 pvp? Same with binding someone? Porting? Rezzing? There are so many situations where that would be retarded without the system being extreme complicated.

46-60 should be a seperate bracket for pvp. Should be the only level ranges that produce YT. No more which zone should or should not be FFA. I mean I am open for other suggestions such a 50-60 or at the very least 53-60.

snufzaimoverlord
07-14-2015, 04:02 PM
Hey cool someone who doesn't PvP made a post about PvP.

Kergan
07-14-2015, 04:09 PM
What about if they changed it so you had to opt in to PVP by turning in an item to a npc?

easy_lee
07-14-2015, 04:14 PM
What about if they changed it so you had to opt in to PVP by turning in an item to a npc?

I c wut u did ther

Thing is, everyone on the forum posts as if they know everything about PvP and are hardcore. Then they plug KC when a fight breaks out and talk shit all over ooc. Certain things on this server are not conducive to PvP; plugging, RMT, YT, AoN, and small level ranges are just a few of the things which either encourage or enable people to avoid it.

To this post, I'd support brackets over four level ranges any day. Brackets make sense; being unable to help my mate when he's attacked by someone five levels higher / lower than me doesn't.

Swish
07-14-2015, 04:17 PM
Voted no, the current environment is nice for leveling <3

easy_lee
07-14-2015, 04:19 PM
Voted no, the current environment is nice for leveling <3

This is exactly the fucking problem. Some of the people on red don't want to PvP, they just want to level.

Kergan
07-14-2015, 04:19 PM
Like 50% of the population will whine about the ruleset no matter what it is. People cried the level range was too big at 8 because you had level 60 VP geared characters trucking level 52s in rags.

easy_lee
07-14-2015, 04:22 PM
Like 50% of the population will whine about the ruleset no matter what it is. People cried the level range was too big at 8 because you had level 60 VP geared characters trucking level 52s in rags.

Call me crazy, but I don't feel like that's a problem. It's really no less fair than a twink killing noobs in CB, and that shit builds character.

Kergan
07-14-2015, 04:24 PM
Changes to make leveling harder is inversely proportional to server population, and this has been proven repeatedly.

easy_lee
07-14-2015, 04:31 PM
Changes to make leveling harder is inversely proportional to server population, and this has been proven repeatedly.

Really? The level range and exp bonus are the only major changes I know of which definitively made things easier for noobs, and they weren't tested separately. Difficulty is the draw of EQ. I would argue that the experience change, which removed some of the tedium without truly affecting difficulty, was the major thing that drew in players. I suspect the level range was only added to ensure that the current population wouldn't grief the noobs off the server when the exp change happened and everyone swarmed in.

On my first character here, a bard made years ago, I managed to chase someone off the server just by harassing him at level 4 to get out of my area. Some people don't want to PvP; they'll leave sooner or later. But this is a PvP server, and as long as the PvP isn't broken (AoN, plugging, etc) then people will stay to enjoy it.

Colgate
07-14-2015, 04:43 PM
as someone who played a level 60 in the +/- 8 level range era and was able to slam dunk level 52s 100% of the time that i faced them, i support the smaller level range

daasgoot
07-14-2015, 05:07 PM
Really? The level range and exp bonus are the only major changes I know of which definitively made things easier for noobs, and they weren't tested separately. Difficulty is the draw of EQ. I would argue that the experience change, which removed some of the tedium without truly affecting difficulty, was the major thing that drew in players. I suspect the level range was only added to ensure that the current population wouldn't grief the noobs off the server when the exp change happened and everyone swarmed in.

On my first character here, a bard made years ago, I managed to chase someone off the server just by harassing him at level 4 to get out of my area. Some people don't want to PvP; they'll leave sooner or later. But this is a PvP server, and as long as the PvP isn't broken (AoN, plugging, etc) then people will stay to enjoy it.

lol, you do know that the majority of people playing on red99 right now are not here for the pvp right?

easy_lee
07-14-2015, 05:46 PM
lol, you do know that the majority of people playing on red99 right now are not here for the pvp right?

I do, and it would be funny if it wasn't shitty for the rest of us. It's like going to a bar and insisting that everyone drink water. If you didn't want to drink, then what the fuck are you doing in a bar?

vouss
07-14-2015, 05:53 PM
As someone who played a 52 during the 8 level PvP range when 60s were able to slam dunk 52's 100% of the time, I support 8 level PvP range.

Kergan
07-14-2015, 06:09 PM

Expanding the level range essentially is asking for more easy cannon fodder for the top end on a very top heavy server. It isn't adding more meaningful or competitive PVP. The reason people plug and avoid PVP is really simple - it sucks to die in EverQuest. It's the same reason people gate/run from a mob even if they still have a chance to win when the risk gets too great.

easy_lee
07-14-2015, 06:41 PM
Expanding the level range essentially is asking for more easy cannon fodder for the top end on a very top heavy server. It isn't adding more meaningful or competitive PVP. The reason people plug and avoid PVP is really simple - it sucks to die in EverQuest. It's the same reason people gate/run from a mob even if they still have a chance to win when the risk gets too great.

You aren't seriously defending plugging, are you? Yes, it sucks to die. But not being able to PvP on a PvP server? That's worse.

SamwiseRed
07-14-2015, 08:49 PM
btw this thread was looking forward towards velious. instead of trying to pick and choose which zones are FFA and which are not (good luck on that one), I was trying to come up with a simple solution the devs might actually implement. no better ideas have been presented without some wacked out code fix that will not happen.

It worked on SZ with no level range at all. people talking about the old days of 8 level range are retarded, it was a completely different time. no pnp, resist system was completely fucked, only one guild had raid gear and numbers. you are comparing apples and oranges. weird how some of the people in this thread have a problem with this idea but have no problem wiping high 40/low 50s in planar raids with their 60 mains lul.

SamwiseRed
07-14-2015, 09:31 PM
if increasing the level range via brackets is a problem then I suggest we remove the FFA mechanic across the board. allow lower levels to farm planes and places like sebilis without worry about some mean ol 60 killing them. it shouldnt be a problem for those of you who voted naw :)

Snapple
07-14-2015, 10:09 PM
Some good ideas floating around in this thread. Sadly, as I'm sure you know Sam, Rogean wont do any of this stuff. You pretty much have to accept the server as it is because nothing ever changes around here.

SamwiseRed
07-14-2015, 10:15 PM
True, that's why I was trying to come up with the most simple solution possible. I mean if we could have it our way then zones should become ffa upon raid mob spawn and go back to normal after they are down. The same people semi-trolling this thread will be complaining in velious about OOR griefers, I guarantee it.

I am only trying to be proactive rather than reactive because we know how long it takes to get changes done around here. I await a better idea that will deal with all this OOR bs that isn't more than few lines of code and a few minutes of work.

Tradesonred
07-16-2015, 07:10 AM
as someone who played a level 60 in the +/- 8 level range era and was able to slam dunk level 52s 100% of the time that i faced them, i support the smaller level range

I was about to post that. Jibekn 2 or 3 nuked my rooted shaman when range was 50-42. Nothing much i could do. He posted the thing on youtube as if it meant anything and kept posting it as replies in thread i would post in. Some people gets their rocks off that and theres simply no challenge to it, the lower one basically cant win 100% of the times, unlike an 8 level range in WoW. If there was more balance to a higher level range id support it.

Kergan
07-16-2015, 10:16 AM
You aren't seriously defending plugging, are you? Yes, it sucks to die. But not being able to PvP on a PvP server? That's worse.

How am I defending it? I simply stated why people do it. And adding a bunch of shitty PVP (i.e. level 60s steamrolling 52s) isn't going to make this server better. You want more PVP? Incentivize it to the point it is worth the risk of dying.

Coffee
07-16-2015, 10:29 AM

51-59

4 level under that

Bazia
07-16-2015, 11:08 AM
1 bracket

10-60

Seltius
07-16-2015, 11:31 AM
I voted Naw because the poll is really too limited. I like another idea in this thread. 60 bracket, 50-59 bracket(or some range near that) Then do something like 46-50(or where ever the higher bracket stops) Then you could do the +/-4 to say about 30 below that could limit it to duels or those who turn in the tome.

That gives lower levels time to level up get base gear if that's what they want or need to do and after a point the pvp can begin with no excuse of being griefed by a deleveled or twinked low level toon. pvp is a part of this server its also something that can be fun so yes if your leveling or playing on red expect to get pvped but at least try and level the beginner/lowbie playing field to attract more players. This server could be amazing with just a 500+ pop think about all the additional targets to grief or people to group with or raiders for guilds.

This is not a blue solution this is a solution to benefit everyone on Red if you don't like it improve on it.

easy_lee
07-16-2015, 11:45 AM
I voted Naw because the poll is really too limited. I like another idea in this thread. 60 bracket, 50-59 bracket(or some range near that) Then do something like 46-50(or where ever the higher bracket stops) Then you could do the +/-4 to say about 30 below that could limit it to duels or those who turn in the tome.

That gives lower levels time to level up get base gear if that's what they want or need to do and after a point the pvp can begin with no excuse of being griefed by a deleveled or twinked low level toon. pvp is a part of this server its also something that can be fun so yes if your leveling or playing on red expect to get pvped but at least try and level the beginner/lowbie playing field to attract more players. This server could be amazing with just a 500+ pop think about all the additional targets to grief or people to group with or raiders for guilds.

This is not a blue solution this is a solution to benefit everyone on Red if you don't like it improve on it.

I think 50-60 should be one solid bracket to facilitate raid PvP. Right now, a few 50s groups can go totally uncontested. 60s have an advantage over 50s, but everyone is in guilds by then anyway so it really doesn't matter too much. Your guild can help you get through those levels, and the increased difficulty makes it more rewarding.

Additionally, there are ways to reduce (not eliminate) level advantage in PvP. Ignoring level for the purpose of PvP attacks and spells is one simple way.

Runya
07-16-2015, 12:10 PM
People on this server are too immature for -/+8.

Runya
07-16-2015, 12:11 PM
But...-/+6 is right in the middle?? =p

Kergan
07-16-2015, 01:17 PM
I think 50-60 should be one solid bracket to facilitate raid PvP. Right now, a few 50s groups can go totally uncontested. 60s have an advantage over 50s, but everyone is in guilds by then anyway so it really doesn't matter too much. Your guild can help you get through those levels, and the increased difficulty makes it more rewarding.

Additionally, there are ways to reduce (not eliminate) level advantage in PvP. Ignoring level for the purpose of PvP attacks and spells is one simple way.

Removing incentives to leveling up is pretty much the exact opposite of the EQ core philosophy. You're talking two different things though, is your concern OOR healers and the fact that a level 54 grouped with a 59 can't "aid" them in PVP, or are you stating that you think there isn't enough PVP and increasing the level range will help that, or both?

Not trying to be difficult here, but every few months someone comes here with a crusade to make this server more "red". The fact of the matter is this is a PVE game first and a PVP game a distant second, even on a PVP server. This game was never designed to be and will never become some sort of PVP warfare sim. There is a reason people latch on to things like external leaderboards, there is no in game mechanism to reward PVP aside from earning the right to do the PVE content you want.

Pumped
07-16-2015, 01:47 PM
Even talking about this is pointless, everyone seems to demonstrate they dont even want pvp on red99

Should just make crushbone FFA so when people want to pvp they go there.

easy_lee
07-16-2015, 01:56 PM
Removing incentives to leveling up is pretty much the exact opposite of the EQ core philosophy. You're talking two different things though, is your concern OOR healers and the fact that a level 54 grouped with a 59 can't "aid" them in PVP, or are you stating that you think there isn't enough PVP and increasing the level range will help that, or both?

Not trying to be difficult here, but every few months someone comes here with a crusade to make this server more "red". The fact of the matter is this is a PVE game first and a PVP game a distant second, even on a PVP server. This game was never designed to be and will never become some sort of PVP warfare sim. There is a reason people latch on to things like external leaderboards, there is no in game mechanism to reward PVP aside from earning the right to do the PVE content you want.

The part of your post I bolded is what I'd like the administration (server mechanics) to encourage. Fight your way to 60, fight for your raid targets, fight for gear, fight for your right to progres. Small PvP level ranges, mechanical level advantages such as increased hit / resist chance, things like YT and leader board which discourage PvP, RMT, AoN, the lack of teams which encourages zerging, and plugging are all counter to that goal.

One thing at a time. Increased PvP level range and the removal of mechanical level advantages (beyond higher damag, hp, and better spells) would be a good first step.

Kergan
07-16-2015, 05:45 PM
The part of your post I bolded is what I'd like the administration (server mechanics) to encourage. Fight your way to 60, fight for your raid targets, fight for gear, fight for your right to progres. Small PvP level ranges, mechanical level advantages such as increased hit / resist chance, things like YT and leader board which discourage PvP, RMT, AoN, the lack of teams which encourages zerging, and plugging are all counter to that goal.

One thing at a time. Increased PvP level range and the removal of mechanical level advantages (beyond higher damag, hp, and better spells) would be a good first step.

Mechanical level advantages are hard coded into the games DNA. If your plan is to alter the entire game philosophy for PVP I'd suggest finding a game designed for it.

And hate to break it to you, but this has always been a teams server. Right now you have your choice of team TMO or team Empire. There will be no difference if the teams are hardcoded, which has been proven repeatedly on the EQ Live team PVP servers. One side will start to win and people will flock to it.

This PVP utopia you're talking about exists only very briefly when a new server is released. Then one guild or force rises about the rest, and either resists the temptation to build a force incapable of defeat or falls prey to it and creates the situation we've had on R99 for the past 3 years. All the issues you have brought up will only be solved by the player base as a whole deciding they agree with you and making it happen.

The problem is most people don't agree with you, or it would have happened already.

Coffee
07-16-2015, 05:53 PM
just relaunch 3 version of r99 with the 3 different live pvp rulesets

let the players decide via logging in?

easy_lee
07-16-2015, 06:50 PM
Mechanical level advantages are hard coded into the games DNA. If your plan is to alter the entire game philosophy for PVP I'd suggest finding a game designed for it.

And hate to break it to you, but this has always been a teams server. Right now you have your choice of team TMO or team Empire. There will be no difference if the teams are hardcoded, which has been proven repeatedly on the EQ Live team PVP servers. One side will start to win and people will flock to it.

This PVP utopia you're talking about exists only very briefly when a new server is released. Then one guild or force rises about the rest, and either resists the temptation to build a force incapable of defeat or falls prey to it and creates the situation we've had on R99 for the past 3 years. All the issues you have brought up will only be solved by the player base as a whole deciding they agree with you and making it happen.

The problem is most people don't agree with you, or it would have happened already.

You didn't actually read my post. You're responding to things I didn't say, putting words in my mouth, and talking in indefinite terms. "The problem is most people don't agree with you, or it would have happened already." What the fuck is "it." In this sentence? Nobody will respect your opinions if you can't even say what they are.

"Mechanical level advantages are hard coded into the games DNA. If your plan is to alter the entire game philosophy for PVP I'd suggest finding a game designed for it." Hurr durr, didn't read Easy's post. Let me break it down for you one more time, just so you understand. You attack a higher level target: your attacks are less likely to hit, do less damage, and your spells are more likely to be resisted. That's the biggest level advantage for PvP, and its easy to change. There is no DNA bullshit to it. And many games have done it.

"PvP Utopia," who is even talking about this? No, shithead, teams do not exist on this server. Everyone of like mind flocks to like guilds, thus zergs happen because it's human nature to take the easy route. If you use factions then yes, one faction will have a numbers advantage, but not nearly to the same degree as current guilds do, especially if you spread the popular races out instead of keeping them all in one faction (the problem with the old evil, and then neut, factions on various live servers).

Do I expect the administration to do all of these things? No. But talking about it on the forums shows that many of us want things to change. And hell, it may give them some good ideas that we didn't think of. That's the point.

Next time you reply to one my posts, bring your A game. Your shit was easy to tear down.

Kergan
07-17-2015, 03:42 AM
You didn't actually read my post. You're responding to things I didn't say, putting words in my mouth, and talking in indefinite terms. "The problem is most people don't agree with you, or it would have happened already." What the fuck is "it." In this sentence? Nobody will respect your opinions if you can't even say what they are.

"Mechanical level advantages are hard coded into the games DNA. If your plan is to alter the entire game philosophy for PVP I'd suggest finding a game designed for it." Hurr durr, didn't read Easy's post. Let me break it down for you one more time, just so you understand. You attack a higher level target: your attacks are less likely to hit, do less damage, and your spells are more likely to be resisted. That's the biggest level advantage for PvP, and its easy to change. There is no DNA bullshit to it. And many games have done it.

"PvP Utopia," who is even talking about this? No, shithead, teams do not exist on this server. Everyone of like mind flocks to like guilds, thus zergs happen because it's human nature to take the easy route. If you use factions then yes, one faction will have a numbers advantage, but not nearly to the same degree as current guilds do, especially if you spread the popular races out instead of keeping them all in one faction (the problem with the old evil, and then neut, factions on various live servers).

Do I expect the administration to do all of these things? No. But talking about it on the forums shows that many of us want things to change. And hell, it may give them some good ideas that we didn't think of. That's the point.

Next time you reply to one my posts, bring your A game. Your shit was easy to tear down.

You are acting like anything you're saying is an original thought. Every single notion has been brought up a hundred times before and shot down. Why? Because you have stupid ideas. You're trying to shoehorn your idea of what is good into a game that is from the ground up not designed for it.

If you think this forum is any indication of how the general playerbase views anything you're delusional. The evidence of what people want is right before you every time you log into a 100v100 zerg. Asking things to be hard coded to prevent people from doing what they want to do is just going to alienate people from playing at all, which has been shown by an enormous population decline every time an unpopular idea is implemented.

As for your notion that teams don't exist, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. The nature of contested raid content is eventually one force will gain a gear and numbers advantage and dominate the end game. I don't even know how you could argue this point as it has happened in every ruleset on every PVP server ever created in EQ. People will reroll to a different team, switch guilds, switch factions or whatever else is needed to join the winning side.

And regarding the mechanical nature of EQs leveling process, perhaps you should read what I said instead of accusing me of not reading what you did. I am not in any way disagreeing with the fact that levels make a huge difference in PVP. What I am disagreeing with is your stance that this is in some way a problem that needs to be fixed. EQ is inherently a game that character development is based upon two things - level and gear. Remove either aspect and you're diminishing the game at it's core.

Pretty certain after reading your multiple retarded PVP related posts over the past week or so, campaigning for dumb ass changes that have been proposed by other autists multiple times over the past 3 years that you need to just find a different game that caters to what you want to do. Stop trying to fuck up EQ we like it the way it is thanks. :)

Tradesonred
07-17-2015, 08:21 AM
You are acting like anything you're saying is an original thought. Every single notion has been brought up a hundred times before and shot down. Why? Because you have stupid ideas. You're trying to shoehorn your idea of what is good into a game that is from the ground up not designed for it.

If you think this forum is any indication of how the general playerbase views anything you're delusional. The evidence of what people want is right before you every time you log into a 100v100 zerg. Asking things to be hard coded to prevent people from doing what they want to do is just going to alienate people from playing at all, which has been shown by an enormous population decline every time an unpopular idea is implemented.

As for your notion that teams don't exist, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. The nature of contested raid content is eventually one force will gain a gear and numbers advantage and dominate the end game. I don't even know how you could argue this point as it has happened in every ruleset on every PVP server ever created in EQ. People will reroll to a different team, switch guilds, switch factions or whatever else is needed to join the winning side.

And regarding the mechanical nature of EQs leveling process, perhaps you should read what I said instead of accusing me of not reading what you did. I am not in any way disagreeing with the fact that levels make a huge difference in PVP. What I am disagreeing with is your stance that this is in some way a problem that needs to be fixed. EQ is inherently a game that character development is based upon two things - level and gear. Remove either aspect and you're diminishing the game at it's core.

Pretty certain after reading your multiple retarded PVP related posts over the past week or so, campaigning for dumb ass changes that have been proposed by other autists multiple times over the past 3 years that you need to just find a different game that caters to what you want to do. Stop trying to fuck up EQ we like it the way it is thanks. :)

Can we get a mod to ban this motherfucker? Leaving this forum to the wolves, you kinda deserve the shiny puddle of vomit look putrid posts like these gives to it. Yes emphasis is made with the word motherfucker. As always, ill probably be the one eating the ban for pointing out how bad things are.

Tradesonred
07-17-2015, 08:25 AM
It would literally take one hour a week to clean house, theres no excuse for it.

SamwiseRed
07-17-2015, 11:03 AM
just relaunch 3 version of r99 with the 3 different live pvp rulesets

let the players decide via logging in?

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1319041/tumblr_m7udbbctDe1r3ecnpo1_500.gif

Uton
07-17-2015, 11:41 AM
Brackets work better because everyone who belongs in a given zone should be able to kill everyone else who belongs in that zone.

Brackets don't work period. zone pvp ranges and level restrictions would be the only way to do it.

Seb, fear/hate are the only true "pvp" zones on this server, where you zone in knowing that pvp is right around the corner and no one is a safe oor healer.

ie: pvp is open for lvl 6-18 in CB and no one 19+ can enter the zone. Thats the best chance you have at making pvp ... pvp.

Or go SZ ruleset and have pvp open to all levels in all zones - most of the server would be back on blue the first day.

MEGANS LAW
07-17-2015, 11:42 AM
It would literally take one hour a week to clean house, theres no excuse for it.

ur such a beta cuck erudite fay gate. real sick of u lately.

go tie urself 2 a tree in toxuila forest and swing from it.

Kergan
07-17-2015, 12:08 PM
Can we get a mod to ban this motherfucker? Leaving this forum to the wolves, you kinda deserve the shiny puddle of vomit look putrid posts like these gives to it. Yes emphasis is made with the word motherfucker. As always, ill probably be the one eating the ban for pointing out how bad things are.

It's so weird you've been forum banned multiple times.

SamwiseRed
07-17-2015, 12:41 PM
this thread is ahead of its time. guess people will have to wait til thurgayden to see the light.

Eslade
07-17-2015, 12:46 PM
could just turn pvp off. then everybody would be oor.

easy_lee
07-17-2015, 02:45 PM
Brackets don't work period. zone pvp ranges and level restrictions would be the only way to do it.

Seb, fear/hate are the only true "pvp" zones on this server, where you zone in knowing that pvp is right around the corner and no one is a safe oor healer.

ie: pvp is open for lvl 6-18 in CB and no one 19+ can enter the zone. Thats the best chance you have at making pvp ... pvp.

Or go SZ ruleset and have pvp open to all levels in all zones - most of the server would be back on blue the first day.

Well, regardless of how it's done, PvP ranges should increase and the mechanical level advantage (hit/resist rates affected by level) should go away. We can all argue over what works best, but I'm sure the administration would know the right thing to do if they implemented this.