Smooch
07-13-2015, 12:38 AM
Starting from level 1. I got 15k to spend and already have:

FBSS
Cloak of Shadows
2x 5/55 rings
Crested Spaulders
Skull-shaped Barbute.

Need advice on what I should get to be effective. One requirement = Wurmslayer for nostalgic purposes. Also would like to keep all weapon skills leveled up as I go.

How would you spend it?

godbox
07-13-2015, 01:55 AM
Wurmslayer offhand but I would bank it until 30 and there's no dmg cap. Two lammys will fly you to 30 for 3k total.

Jimjam
07-13-2015, 03:11 AM
isn't wurmslayer primary only at this point?

webrunner5
07-13-2015, 09:25 AM
isn't wurmslayer primary only at this point?

Yep. :p

kaev
07-13-2015, 09:52 AM
Starting from level 1. I got 15k to spend and already have:

FBSS
Cloak of Shadows
2x 5/55 rings
Crested Spaulders
Skull-shaped Barbute.

Need advice on what I should get to be effective. One requirement = Wurmslayer for nostalgic purposes. Also would like to keep all weapon skills leveled up as I go.

How would you spend it?

2hs: Nathsar Greatsword (17/30) is cheap (100-200), fast for quick skill-ups, and good dps under L20

2hb: Staff of Battle (31/37) is fantastic bang-for-the-buck, reasonably priced (700-ish), and quite good dps at L20+ (bank 'til 20 and buy some skill at trainer if you can't stand all the misses)

1hs mainhand: Wurmslayer is fine but slow so skill-ups will take longer and wrecked by damage cap under L20. To be effective under L20 I'd get Lamentation as suggested above, or Sword of Skyfire if you want to go cheap

1hs off-hand: Trochilic's Skean (10/25, Clockwork Poison at L46), fantastic agro proc, off-hand only, nodrop (see Rogue epic quest)

1hb: Jade Mace (9/18) is good dps at any level

1hb: Sarnak Warhammer (8/20, Stun at L46), good option with agro proc

1hb: Ykeshan Warclub (9/24, Ykesha at L40), cheap option with agro proc

piercing: Blood Point (10/21, Siphon at L50), decent ratio makes it effective at low level

piercing: Scorpikis Claw Impaler (8/25, Poison at L30), good agro proc at lower level than the over-rated SSoY

Destron
07-13-2015, 10:40 AM
Lamentation is not a good weapon for the price. Jade Mace + CSS and you're set.

snead
07-13-2015, 12:48 PM
2hs: Nathsar Greatsword (17/30) is cheap (100-200), fast for quick skill-ups, and good dps under L20

2hb: Staff of Battle (31/37) is fantastic bang-for-the-buck, reasonably priced (700-ish), and quite good dps at L20+ (bank 'til 20 and buy some skill at trainer if you can't stand all the misses)

1hs mainhand: Wurmslayer is fine but slow so skill-ups will take longer and wrecked by damage cap under L20. To be effective under L20 I'd get Lamentation as suggested above, or Sword of Skyfire if you want to go cheap

1hs off-hand: Trochilic's Skean (10/25, Clockwork Poison at L46), fantastic agro proc, off-hand only, nodrop (see Rogue epic quest)

1hb: Jade Mace (9/18) is good dps at any level

1hb: Sarnak Warhammer (8/20, Stun at L46), good option with agro proc

1hb: Ykeshan Warclub (9/24, Ykesha at L40), cheap option with agro proc

piercing: Blood Point (10/21, Siphon at L50), decent ratio makes it effective at low level

piercing: Scorpikis Claw Impaler (8/25, Poison at L30), good agro proc at lower level than the over-rated SSoY

Sarnak Warhammer is 9/20. I have one equipped. Also, for reference.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Sarnak_Warhammer

kaev
07-13-2015, 01:41 PM
Sarnak Warhammer is 9/20. I have one equipped. Also, for reference.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Sarnak_Warhammer

Lol, good catch, typo'd that and didn't notice. I had even brought the wiki page up to make sure I got level to proc correct. My Warrior uses Sarnak Warhammer + Trochilic's Skean and it's a decent combo.

Lamentation is not a good weapon for the price. Jade Mace + CSS and you're set.
Crystalline Short Sword is decent yes, nearly same price as Lamentation these days tho.

Smooch
07-13-2015, 02:53 PM
Nice, thanks for the awesome suggestions.

So far I have gone the Lamentation/Jade Mace route for 1hb/1hs early, Staff of Battle for 2hb and still no 2hs. I banked the Wurmy for now, will have to rock that later. Also reading that Blood Point seems to be the Piercing of choice to keep the skill up as I level? Something hilarious about an ogre wielding a dagger.

Any must haves from an armor perspective? Not too familiar with clickies that I should be going after/acquiring.

kaev
07-13-2015, 09:10 PM
Nice, thanks for the awesome suggestions.

So far I have gone the Lamentation/Jade Mace route for 1hb/1hs early, Staff of Battle for 2hb and still no 2hs. I banked the Wurmy for now, will have to rock that later. Also reading that Blood Point seems to be the Piercing of choice to keep the skill up as I level? Something hilarious about an ogre wielding a dagger.

Any must haves from an armor perspective? Not too familiar with clickies that I should be going after/acquiring.

Blood Point is quick with decent ratio and the lifetap proc is a little bit of extra help when you don't have a strong healer in the group, and it's common enough to not have a completely outrageous price. That's why it's the goto piercer for warrior in Kunark.

Cobalt Boots are nice for the str buff when not grouped with shaman or druid, they're a common enough drop to not be super expensive, and the AC on cobalt pieces is good.

Pretty much everything else armor-wise that's got a nice clicky for warrior is pricey due to high demand. Warriors are at least somewhat popular as alts amongst the hundreds of chanter/shaman/druid/necro plutocrats who've been farming the server for years, so anything good that isn't easily farmed really gets jacked in price.

Kutsumo
07-14-2015, 08:25 AM
I'd just use a Jarsath Trident to keep piercing skilled up. 11/22 and cheap as dirt.

Samoht
07-14-2015, 09:31 AM
More important than any of these other suggestions, find a JBoots MQ and someone selling rings of shadows (http://wiki.project1999.com/Ring_of_shadows). Being able to sow/invis yourself is going to be very important while leveling.

kaev
07-14-2015, 10:11 AM
I'd just use a Jarsath Trident to keep piercing skilled up. 11/22 and cheap as dirt.

I always forget that weapon, probably because it looks as goofy as wurmslayer. Price & stats are good tho, can't argue against that.

SamwiseRed
07-14-2015, 12:09 PM
use dps weapons til 37 or 40 then switch to procing weapons. learn to use taunt. also learn other peoples classes IE tell rooters to root when needed, rogs to evade, monks to fd, wizards to hold nukes, all melees to be at max range when mob is rooted, explaining to everyone how to make and use an assist key and only assist when called, always keep on top of your vital buffs and send tells when u need them again, mana check before pulls, which mobs to slow as it would be more efficiency than spamming heals, ect ect.

tanks and pullers are generally the leaders of groups and dictate the pace. you would think after 15 or so years this game would be p ez but there are more bad players than good.

keeping agro is a concern but it is the least of your worries if your group is dumb. some people take offense but fuck it, you are a warrior. u gotta be tough.

williestargell
07-14-2015, 01:36 PM
scimitar of ykesha for free in kithicor when people are doing generals and trochlichs for free in steamfont when rogue epic mob is killed. Don't need them right away as they won't proc for you for a while, but exp in those two spots so you can scarf one up when its rotting.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Smoldering_Brand - procs at level 1, costs 50p