PDA

View Full Version : So much hate

Gzaz
07-12-2015, 03:15 PM
So much hate on this server..... We are red99 we are the tea and crumpets of the server ..... Everyone love everybody and take your anger out on the bluebies. Follow The Bear!

Gzaz
07-12-2015, 03:18 PM

Uton
07-12-2015, 03:23 PM
Less Crack bro

Pumped
07-12-2015, 04:14 PM
gzaz is a funny and nice guy , but does not know why most of the people here are mad.

bubur
07-12-2015, 11:20 PM
is it because some people rmt'ed some bullshit years ago?

or because aon's don't have nameplates and ppl are adding them?

bad reasons to be firegiants about it imo

ElemtalRZ
07-12-2015, 11:49 PM
Gzaz raged at me in tells when I killed him on my rogue.

iruinedyourday
07-12-2015, 11:58 PM
Gzaz raged at me in tells when I killed him on my rogue.

who wouldnt rage when someones grandpa somehow manages to kill them in a video game

Drakaris
07-13-2015, 12:10 AM
So much hate on this server..... We are red99 we are the tea and crumpets of the server ..... Everyone love everybody and take your anger out on the bluebies. Follow The Bear!

Got nothing but love for my fellow Aussies, even if they are misguided and contribute to a toxic guild for pixel scraps.

I hope to one day be guilded with you, Nakor, Farzo, Omai and Grimzal again! Perhaps when you guys see the light and leave that cesspool of a guild, we can unite under 1 tag.

iruinedyourday
07-13-2015, 01:04 AM
http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/2015-03/5/7/enhanced/webdr05/enhanced-buzz-22544-1425558103-8.jpg

Buhbuh
07-13-2015, 01:04 AM
he's not an Aussie.

TheBiznessTZ
07-13-2015, 01:29 AM
Got nothing but love for my fellow Aussies, even if they are misguided and contribute to a toxic guild for pixel scraps.

I hope to one day be guilded with you, Nakor, Farzo, Omai and Grimzal again! Perhaps when you guys see the light and leave that cesspool of a guild, we can unite under 1 tag.

Been so long since I've seen any of those names awarded loot. They are def in it for the pixels and not the pals.

Drakaris
07-13-2015, 01:39 AM
Been so long since I've seen any of those names awarded loot. They are def in it for the pixels and not the pals.

I've been keeping track of them and cheering them on via your pixel shoutouts in guild chat and can confirm you are full of shit :)

TheBiznessTZ
07-13-2015, 01:46 AM
I've been keeping track of them and cheering them on via your pixel shoutouts in guild chat and can confirm you are full of shit :)

Yeah? who out of those people got the piece of loot and what item was it? I'm gonna guess Nakor and a VP wep.

Drakaris
07-13-2015, 02:29 AM
Yeah? who out of those people got the piece of loot and what item was it? I'm gonna guess Nakor and a VP wep.

Wrong... in the past month...

Naecrima on Pulsing Green Stone
Omai on Nightshade Scented Staff
Grimzal on Gauntlets of Fiery Might

- CHEERING FROM THE SIDELINES FOR TEAM AUSTRALIA!!!! MAY ALL AUSTRALIANS ON R99 BE PROSPEROUS!

Colgate 2.0
07-13-2015, 02:59 AM
CHEERING FROM THE SIDELINES

<TMO>

ElemtalRZ
07-13-2015, 04:16 AM
<TMO>

Weren't you forum banned?

Smedy
07-13-2015, 04:39 AM
pretty sure having more then 1 account to avoid forum ban is a bannable offense colgate, don't make me

http://coreserver.net/smedy/photos/ForumQuest/lamortreported.jpg

Gzaz
07-13-2015, 05:01 AM
Elemtal ...... Only because out of everyone on red1999 you are biggest scumbag of them all. Now quit putting negative things on this post

letsjoe
07-13-2015, 09:36 AM

cringe 4 sure

Nirgon
07-13-2015, 09:46 AM
cringe 4 sure

Bone cancer levels of cringing here

Samsung
07-13-2015, 09:49 AM
<TMO>

Reported Colgate evading forum ban.

Smedy
07-13-2015, 10:02 AM
rip sweet prince, the weasel is on fire

Circa.
07-13-2015, 10:17 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAXCiKFEpFM

Tapatio
07-13-2015, 10:56 AM
Gzaz the Aussie

- Drakar

Bone cancer levels of cringing here

Videri
07-13-2015, 11:02 AM

I'm down! I'd like to see a server where we can fight and kill each other's elves and then laugh about it afterward and say "Seeya next time."

I believe one of the biggest things preventing that kind of lighthearted play is the culture of humiliation that exists on this server. People tease and insult others when they die/lose/flee/plug. Rather than be "sore winners," people should just say "GF" and reap whatever benefits they've gained by winning the PvP.

Another issue that makes things get heated is frequent accusations of bad behavior. Best to let bygones be bygones and let the PvP decide.

If baseball players or other professional athletes behaved like some people here do, they'd be kicked off the team before long. Sportsmanship matters.

I can't say I'm optimistic about changing the behavior or communication style of some of Red's denizens, but perhaps we can make at least some difference. Gzaz and anyone else, let's try to change the culture here a little bit.

snufzaimoverlord
07-13-2015, 11:31 AM
Naw.

Eslade
07-13-2015, 11:47 AM
I'm down! I'd like to see a server where we can fight and kill each other's elves and then laugh about it afterward and say "Seeya next time."

I believe one of the biggest things preventing that kind of lighthearted play is the culture of humiliation that exists on this server. People tease and insult others when they die/lose/flee/plug. Rather than be "sore winners," people should just say "GF" and reap whatever benefits they've gained by winning the PvP.

Another issue that makes things get heated is frequent accusations of bad behavior. Best to let bygones be bygones and let the PvP decide.

If baseball players or other professional athletes behaved like some people here do, they'd be kicked off the team before long. Sportsmanship matters.

I can't say I'm optimistic about changing the behavior or communication style of some of Red's denizens, but perhaps we can make at least some difference. Gzaz and anyone else, let's try to change the culture here a little bit.

your elf team sucks.

easy_lee
07-13-2015, 11:51 AM
The hate comes from the way the server is setup. The administration have done an excellent job with this sever, but the community we have now is what comes from a stagnant FFA environment.

Players may kill each other indiscriminately - no teams means no trust
The LNS and PnP are guidelines, rather than rules coded into the game, meaning players can and do abuse them.
There's heavy PvP imbalance due to inconsistent resists. Whether a spell lands or is fully resisted, someone always feels cheated that the RNG didn't go in their favor.
RMT is possible because some of the best raid loot is tradable.
Plugging is possible, thus people have a way to avoid PvP on the PvP server...
The leader board and YT encourage people to be douchebags about kills / getting killed and make people care about a meaningless stat.

The server as it is now is a product of the rules. It was inevitable, in spite of our administration's best intentions.

Videri
07-13-2015, 12:08 PM
your elf team sucks.

currrrse youuuuu

Videri
07-13-2015, 12:11 PM
your elf team sucks.

Also, I'm realizing some people lightheartedly talk trash upon victory and then other people really believe it and take it personally. Case in point, the above post. :) I can laugh at this now, but I think in the long run it's only going to result in more hate. You gotta be careful how you phrase things in text format because people can read it in any tone of voice they imagine.

SamwiseRed
07-13-2015, 01:27 PM
remove raid mobs for 3 weeks. enable perma death and full item loot. last one standing gets a cookie. server wipe.

derpcake
07-13-2015, 01:30 PM
For every post about hate, I see a pansy.

Really, it ain't that bad, swyft and frequent use of the ignore function is an excellent solution.

Alarti0001
07-13-2015, 01:57 PM
The hate comes from the way the server is setup. The administration have done an excellent job with this sever, but the community we have now is what comes from a stagnant FFA environment.

Players may kill each other indiscriminately - no teams means no trust
The LNS and PnP are guidelines, rather than rules coded into the game, meaning players can and do abuse them.
There's heavy PvP imbalance due to inconsistent resists. Whether a spell lands or is fully resisted, someone always feels cheated that the RNG didn't go in their favor.
RMT is possible because some of the best raid loot is tradable.
Plugging is possible, thus people have a way to avoid PvP on the PvP server...
The leader board and YT encourage people to be douchebags about kills / getting killed and make people care about a meaningless stat.

The server as it is now is a product of the rules. It was inevitable, in spite of our administration's best intentions.

Sure that's part of the problem.. it's also an easy way to shirk all responsibility from the players.

Pumped
07-13-2015, 02:01 PM
the players are the reason its stagnant and toxic, no other reason

HippoNipple
07-13-2015, 02:13 PM

The players are the only thing keeping this server not stagnant. It is a 16 year old game stuck in an expansion for 2-3 years that lasted like 6 months back on live. I don't know how this server managed to find this many people to still log in and care this much about the game.

TacoSmasher
07-13-2015, 02:17 PM

Bitter because no one likes you BUR.

Plenty of good pals on this server. Sorry you are socially inept.

Pumped laying down the law on who is qualified to roll on a verix medallion drop in a guild group:

http://i.imgur.com/UuMsHbL.png

easy_lee
07-13-2015, 02:21 PM

Player behavior is a product of the system. Red's community currently resembles a bad MOBA more than anything; it isn't unique. And it isn't the administration's fault either, just the system. A few tweaks to the server code (no more plugging, anti-RMT measures such as more no drop raid loot, etc.) would go a long way towards improving the community.

Kengo
07-13-2015, 03:11 PM
Red's community currently resembles all MOBAs more than anything; it isn't unique.

FTFY

Gzaz
07-13-2015, 03:31 PM
I love the pvp but when you kill someone and they bring real life attacks into it when it's a game.... There is no need

Genedin
07-13-2015, 03:39 PM
this game means a lot more to some people than it does to others, just realize this and move on

ElemtalRZ
07-13-2015, 04:04 PM
http://i.imgur.com/oSenT4o.jpg

Just saying Gzaz ;)

Tameth
07-13-2015, 04:07 PM
this game means a lot more to some people than it does to others, just realize this and move on

well said

Alarti0001
07-13-2015, 05:13 PM

The essence of internet cool is to pretend the game means as little as possible to you while playing 18 hours a day.

Kergan
07-13-2015, 05:30 PM
If it was the game itself that meant a lot to people, they'd leave here and find another place to play far away from the sociopaths, australians and other autists. The honest truth is most of you are experiencing the online gaming equivalent of Stockholm syndrome or are too poor to switch to another game/server since this one will run off leached neighborhood wifi and a computer you found in a corporate dumpster. :)

Not sayin' all of you but the good majority 4 sure.

Genedin
07-13-2015, 05:32 PM
In-Game name is Marius. Please find a time when I play even 12 hours in one day and I will provide you with my emulator information.

Genedin
07-13-2015, 05:33 PM
If it was the game itself that meant a lot to people, they'd leave here and find another place to play far away from the sociopaths, australians and other autists. The honest truth is most of you are experiencing the online gaming equivalent of Stockholm syndrome or are too poor to switch to another game/server since this one will run off leached neighborhood wifi and a computer you found in a corporate dumpster. :)

Not sayin' all of you but the good majority 4 sure.

I think you are on to something Watson!

Mr Popo
07-13-2015, 07:38 PM
Seems gzaz is toxic to most. File in don't give a **** imo.

LoliPops
07-13-2015, 08:05 PM
pretty sure having more then 1 account to avoid forum ban is a bannable offense colgate, don't make me

SWEDEN YES

I lolD

Fame
07-13-2015, 08:12 PM
I play like 4-6 hours every two weeks but love this server and community with all of my heart.

iruinedyourday
07-13-2015, 11:05 PM
The essence of internet cool is to pretend the game means as little as possible to you while playing 18 hours a day.

This was a good one alarti, chortled hard.

billhollins
07-13-2015, 11:27 PM

I think u stink like fish and ikea meatballs but this was funny.

Rheon
07-14-2015, 01:30 AM

Empire 4 Lyfe, get on our level. ;)

Cid
07-14-2015, 05:56 AM
Just learn to laugh when you die, it will help a lot. Have an alt or two so you can't be corpse camped or fucked over by epiced twinks. Very few people are actually dicks like they appear to be, but some people need to have feeling of superiority and they have throughout human history.
You probably wouldn't let a game of Monopoly get you worked up, so try not to let EQ. Don't give anonymous internet people the power to affect your emotions, or it becomes more than a game.

"There is nothing noble about being superior to your fellow man. True nobility is being superior to your former self." ~Hemingway

Bazia
07-14-2015, 08:20 AM
Nakor only Aussie in my heart

Celedor
07-14-2015, 11:44 AM
"There is nothing noble about being superior to your fellow man. True nobility is being superior to your former self." ~Hemingway

I like that!