PDA

View Full Version : Beta is back up

nilbog
07-08-2015, 04:19 PM
With beta back up, and less than a month until Velious launch, any and all bug reports/feedback are welcomed.

Points of interest for me right now are:

-Coldain Ring War (10th). Previously there was an issue with giant runners not visually stopping. This should now be fixed. I have Sentry Badain set to a 4 hour respawn to allow for multiple test attempts per day.

Will edit for additions.

Daldaen
07-08-2015, 04:39 PM
Taken will be running a Coldain Ring War some time this weekend I think. Will report back on whether the few issues were resolved.

Snare wasn't correctly haultig walking mobs
Root was causing mobs to ghost
Certain areas caused the Giants to fall through the ground and walk under the earth to Thurg and despawn the event.

Assuming those three are fixed and Narandi is functional, it should be in good shape!

PS - Nilbog. Can you give some insight into the plans for Ziglark in Skyshrine (key quest mob for Cobalt Scar access).

He is currently invulnerable to everything. Classicly you could kill him and loot a key or charm him and do the key quest. In his invulnerable state however players will be forced to either being a class with sneak to do the key quest or they will have to grind faction until they are indifferent to CoV before they can access CS and the zones beyond.

Will he have the Invulnerable flag removed come launch?

PS2 - Have you decided what will happen with the Sea Dragon Meats that were dropped out of era? Your last post on the topic Here (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1794179&postcount=26). I just want to make sure they get removed from game before Velious launches so that we don't have a flood of 200+ Othmir Prexus Totems being completed on Day1 of Velious.

Haynar
07-08-2015, 04:49 PM
I think initially he will be invulnerable, to prevent cock blocking. That was the previous discussion. It does force doing the quest. Then make killable a few weeks in.

Of course, minds change on things.

Man0warr
07-08-2015, 04:59 PM
That gives a huge advantage to sneak classes, and forces everyone else to grind Arena for hours.

I don't see making him killable a big deal - it's not a HS key type situation since the charm option is there. It's going to be much faster for a group of 6 to do the quest via Charming than to wait 20min x 6.

nilbog
07-08-2015, 05:04 PM
In his invulnerable state however players will be forced to either being a class with sneak to do the key quest or they will have to grind faction until they are indifferent to CoV before they can access CS and the zones beyond.

If the db that is running beta atm is patched current, Ziglark should be factionless and invulnerable.

PS2 - Have you decided what will happen with the Sea Dragon Meats that were dropped out of era? Your last post on the topic Here (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1794179&postcount=26). I just want to make sure they get removed from game before Velious launches so that we don't have a flood of 200+ Othmir Prexus Totems being completed on Day1 of Velious.

Will revisit this.

Oleris
07-08-2015, 05:26 PM
btw, thanks for bringing the server back up. I got a batphone the minute it came up for a raid :)

Haynar
07-08-2015, 05:27 PM
Maybe if we make him invul, then dont allow sneak questing. That can be done with making him see thru sneak. Make that faction grind required while he is invul.

Daldaen
07-08-2015, 05:30 PM
If the db that is running beta atm is patched current, Ziglark should be factionless and invulnerable.

Will revisit this.

Hrmm... Factionless you say? I dropped my faction to Indifferent to test if sneak questing it would work. I didn't know he was factionless. I'll change my faction and see if he still cons indifferent.

So is he going live in that format to prevent cockblockery? Cause classic posts that I'm looking at certainly indicate he is on CoV faction.

Excellent @ Sea Dragon Meat. Just wanted to make sure it didn't get overlooked.

Daldaen
07-08-2015, 05:31 PM
Maybe if we make him invul, then dont allow sneak questing. That can be done with making him see thru sneak. Make that faction grind required while he is invul.

Well currently if he is factionless and invulnerable, all players start with the same indifferent faction. Which is sufficient for everyone to do the CS Key Quest. Negating any need to sneak or grind faction.

Rogean
07-08-2015, 05:34 PM
When velious released on everquest live it did not require the key to zone into cobalt scar for the first month. It was a bug at the time and they fixed it, but by then plenty of people had the key. If we made the quest mobs killable, a single guild would have uncontested access to western wastes, temple of veeshan, etc for the respawn duration of that mob (Several hours at minimum I believe). That would be bad.

Cecily
07-08-2015, 05:46 PM
When velious released on everquest live it did not require the key to zone into cobalt scar for the first month. It was a bug at the time and they fixed it, but by then plenty of people had the key. If we made the quest mobs killable, a single guild would have uncontested access to western wastes, temple of veeshan, etc for the respawn duration of that mob (Several hours at minimum I believe). That would be bad.

Weren't you going to replicate that bug so people can access the content and alleviate the bottle neck at the same time? Sound like a bunch of not-classic solutions to fix a problem when, historically, the classic "bug" is probably the best option.

Haynar
07-08-2015, 05:55 PM
But I am a jerk. I want to force cov faction grinding!!!!

Ok. Maybe not. But was an idea.

H

Ele
07-08-2015, 06:18 PM
That gives a huge advantage to sneak classes, and forces everyone else to grind Arena for hours.

I don't see making him killable a big deal - it's not a HS key type situation since the charm option is there. It's going to be much faster for a group of 6 to do the quest via Charming than to wait 20min x 6.

Protip: your group only needs one shrine key.

Daldaen
07-08-2015, 06:21 PM

Ah I gotcha.

Well he is a 20min respawn (atleast he was first week of beta). So that wouldn't be too horrible. Plus you could just charm him have your group/guild all say their trigger phrase in 30 seconds, and break charm allowing whoever is camping him to kill him and continue on their camping of him while those players who did the trigger phrase complete the quest.

However, setting him as invulnerable and indifferent is a decent solution and encourages questing/prevents cockblocking.

I was just hoping to get clarification on it because he went from KoS to Invulnerable a few patches ago without any mention of why. This makes sense though.

nilbog
07-08-2015, 06:25 PM
Weren't you going to replicate that bug so people can access the content and alleviate the bottle neck at the same time? Sound like a bunch of not-classic solutions to fix a problem when, historically, the classic "bug" is probably the best option.

We have systems already developed that allow for npcs to dynamically change when needed. We do not have a system for dynamic timeline clicking of keys on objects.

Nuggie
07-09-2015, 07:14 AM
If ziglark is going to launch this way then please add something to the giant in KD that is the other half of the quest. Doing the turn in with the giant and then keeping him killed will be just as effective a block to other guilds. Thanks for your consideration.

nilbog
07-09-2015, 11:26 AM
If ziglark is going to launch this way then please add something to the giant in KD that is the other half of the quest. Doing the turn in with the giant and then keeping him killed will be just as effective a block to other guilds. Thanks for your consideration.

This is the way it is currently implemented.

Man0warr
07-09-2015, 12:18 PM
Protip: your group only needs one shrine key.

Not originally - everyone needed a key.

If we made the quest mobs killable, a single guild would have uncontested access to western wastes, temple of veeshan, etc for the respawn duration of that mob (Several hours at minimum I believe). That would be bad

Pretty sure his respawn should be 30 minutes or less, it definitely wasn't hours.

Alarti0001
07-09-2015, 01:13 PM
Not originally - everyone needed a key.

Pretty sure his respawn should be 30 minutes or less, it definitely wasn't hours.

was 10 or 20 mins

Raev
07-09-2015, 02:13 PM
Well, according to camp rules you can hand off indefinitely, so his respawn isn't really important.

Daldaen
07-09-2015, 02:39 PM
Well, according to camp rules you can hand off indefinitely, so his respawn isn't really important.

Didn't matter. Charm him, do quest text, gate out. Then whoever was camping him had their mob to kill as they wanted with no real interference from me.

Unless you're going to petition my charming a green con mob for 5 seconds as interfering with your camp. Lolololol

If they are set to Beta Neutral and Invulnerable that works, so that everyone can do the quest. Or leave them as their normal factions and just require charming / sneaking to do the quest.

It appears they've opted the Invulnerable route and that'll work!

Haynar
07-09-2015, 07:12 PM
Cockblocking on red should be handled thru pvp

Good point.

Tapatio
07-09-2015, 07:18 PM
thank you dis_mornin

vouss
07-09-2015, 08:22 PM
Cockblocking on red should be handled thru pvp

i agree

Wizing
07-10-2015, 09:29 AM
Someone camping in an oor alt to kill this mob every 45 minutes or whatever the spawn is. Isn't pvp to me

dafier
07-10-2015, 09:56 AM
If they are set to Beta Neutral and Invulnerable that works, so that everyone can do the quest. Or leave them as their normal factions and just require charming / sneaking to do the quest.

Regarding Blue:

I believe the best solution is that. Indif to all and Invulnerable. All key quest mobs in which you need to do hand-ins. (for a period of time, like said)

Misek84
07-10-2015, 11:04 AM
Keep him invul the way it is now for a week or so. Since one key ports your whole group over, a guild will need to do the quest only once and be able to port over the whole guild with that one key. Dont worry that if u cant sneak u cant get past SS. In addtion would be cool to see some entrepreneur do the quest quick and charge people to port them over haha

Daldaen
07-10-2015, 11:11 AM
Last I tested it, the key wasn't bringing your entire group. Just yourself. But that was early beta. Can someone confirm it does bring your entire group currently?

Misek84
07-10-2015, 11:27 AM
Last I tested it, the key wasn't bringing your entire group. Just yourself. But that was early beta. Can someone confirm it does bring your entire group currently?

I tested it like a month before server went down and it was at that time

Raev
07-10-2015, 12:16 PM
Someone camping in an oor alt to kill this mob every 45 minutes or whatever the spawn is. Isn't pvp to me

The obvious solution is to have 15 fungi twinks ready to go

randomhero401
07-10-2015, 01:19 PM
Tested the key and yes it brings your whole group.

Lojik
07-11-2015, 11:51 AM

Make this zone FFA on red...at least for a few months?

Also if he's invulnerable can he still be charmed?

Colgate
07-11-2015, 02:37 PM

funny enough, that poster was the first person on red99 to create a level 20 unrest fungi rogue twink to grief newbies back when kunark was fresh and sub 100 population

vouss
07-11-2015, 05:31 PM
Simple solution increase PvP range or make the zone open PvP range :)

Vilkata
07-12-2015, 12:36 AM
Hey guys, was back on the beta server during the week and heard saw someone /ooc that an ice silk burrower finally dropped an item ( still no silks to my knowledge ). is it possible for a gm to killa few to see if the silks drop? Ive killed several when I could muster a group to help and nothing.

nilbog
07-12-2015, 01:23 PM
Hey guys, was back on the beta server during the week and heard saw someone /ooc that an ice silk burrower finally dropped an item ( still no silks to my knowledge ). is it possible for a gm to killa few to see if the silks drop? Ive killed several when I could muster a group to help and nothing.

Right now they are set to rarely drop skin. Is the silk classic? If so, create a new bug thread and will investigate.

Vilkata
07-12-2015, 08:49 PM
Right now they are set to rarely drop skin. Is the silk classic? If so, create a new bug thread and will investigate.

I haven't seen any info on when the silks were added. Always assumed the silk was there from the beginning.

Rogean
07-26-2015, 04:21 AM
Beta patched with fixes from Haynar for giants falling through world during 10th ring war. Can anyone run a ring war Sunday?

fiveeauxfour
07-26-2015, 04:22 AM
Beta patched with fixes from Haynar for giants falling through world during 10th ring war. Can anyone run a ring war Sunday?

This is HUGE! Thank you so much!

Pint
07-26-2015, 04:29 AM

Doesn't taken have one scheduled in server chat for Sunday the 26th?

Daldaen
07-26-2015, 06:24 AM
3PM EST - We do!!

Nuggie
07-27-2015, 10:45 PM
How did it go?

Edit - oh nvm. Just saw the other thread.