PDA

View Full Version : How to ranger? 2h?

xblade724
07-08-2015, 12:30 AM
On red, I'd probably be best with a 2h as a ranger right? What are top 5 best twink weps for ranger (lvl 1)?

Eslade
07-08-2015, 12:34 AM
I haven't really played a ranger here but I think you only use a 2hs if you're fighting another melee.

Auchae
07-08-2015, 12:42 AM
Not 100% on this, but pretty sure that Ranger 2 handed is best dps until epics with

http://wiki.project1999.com/Woodsman%27s_Staff

You wanted a top 5, I can give a couple that are decent

http://wiki.project1999.com/Silver_Swiftblade solid, quick ratio but damage is low so after a point you want to get the previous weap listed or

http://wiki.project1999.com/Springwood_Stave Budget Woodsman Stave (I'm assuming this is cheap because of class restriction and ratio is outclassed by several weaps)

http://wiki.project1999.com/Axe_of_lost_souls Prolly pretty expensive

Auchae
07-08-2015, 12:52 AM
If looking for one handers.. Off the top of my head Lamentation, Jade Mace, Wurmslayer, Lupine Dagger, Silken Whip, Edge of the Nightwalker, etc.

But like I said pretty sure 2 hand is where it's at until high end.

georgie
07-08-2015, 01:18 AM
lets keep it as simple as it gets.
2h for jousting
1handers if your pveing or your target is just standing still

Kable
07-08-2015, 01:46 AM
Rangers are very good in Velly PvP. Maybe the best next to SK. Auchae listed good weapons to get you going. 2hs for joust targets and 1hs for sticking casters and melee push back/interrupts. You'll be a Trueshot menace soon enough.

Kable
07-08-2015, 01:47 AM
Also, focus on a Bow and high dex. Max fletching. GG

xblade724
07-08-2015, 01:55 AM
Wood elves are pretty much the only dominant choice as ranger yea? I'll probably go 2h then for sure. Bows will interrupt.

Kable
07-08-2015, 02:00 AM
Can you make a Halfling ranger in Velious? Or is that disabled here. Whatever the highest dex and sta you can get with base stats is what I'd opt for. Max 1hs if you can as well..the pushback from fast hits can interrupt in close quarters. Obviously dispell dmg shields or use 2h if you can't in PvP.

xblade724
07-08-2015, 02:22 AM
Can you make a Halfling ranger in Velious? Or is that disabled here. Whatever the highest dex and sta you can get with base stats is what I'd opt for. Max 1hs if you can as well..the pushback from fast hits can interrupt in close quarters. Obviously dispell dmg shields or use 2h if you can't in PvP.

I have a green jade broadsword in bank. i was gonna sell it, but its not worth much, maybe ill hold it

xblade724
07-08-2015, 02:34 AM

I have a green jade broadsword in bank. i was gonna sell it, but its not worth much, maybe ill hold it.

Can anyone confirm halflings for velious? I THINK you are right! I'd love to wait if so...

And side Q: I heard rangers can crit with bows, but this lvl 30 ranger that uses his bow often says he's never even seen a crit with it.

Kable
07-08-2015, 03:09 AM
Think it was Luclin..and no I don't think you can crit with a bow at this time?

panics
07-08-2015, 03:13 AM
yes you can crit , see it alot on my ranger

chrystianvz
07-08-2015, 09:51 AM
Halfling Rangers were post-PoP release. Same as gnome SK

Bazia
07-08-2015, 09:57 AM
u don't ranger is the correct answer

Tapatio
07-08-2015, 10:41 AM
use 1handers

SamwiseRed
07-08-2015, 12:00 PM
woodsman, cast in between swings.

switch to epic when you can.

also dont roll ranger.

Kergan
07-08-2015, 12:23 PM
Ranger decent in Vel, but why lvl one now when the hybrid xp penalty getting removed in Velious?

also dont roll ranger.

Quiet
07-08-2015, 12:35 PM
This is all incorrect. Ranger 2hs? Vs other melee you'll get rolled by Rogue/Monk dps, War HP, SK HT, Paladin heals that you can not interrupt but they can interrupt yours.

Casters. No great way to interrupt their lures, or their gates if you do get ahead.

Best way to play a Ranger is pure support. Now that calefaction is nearly full resist, everytime, you'll need to get lucky for kill shots. GL.

Ragnaros
07-08-2015, 12:41 PM
This is all incorrect. Ranger 2hs? If your name is Quiet you'll get rolled by everyone.

Best way to play a Ranger is pure support. Now that calefaction is nearly full resist, everytime, you'll need to get lucky for kill shots. GL.

Corrected

Exed
07-08-2015, 10:57 PM
Lol, Quiet.... You have no idea how to play a ranger. Xblade hmu for pro tips

Sirban
07-09-2015, 01:57 PM
Use Silver swiftblade till lvl 20, then woodsmans staff, then epic whenever you get a chance

Tassador
07-09-2015, 02:05 PM
Lol woodsman staff

Snapple
07-09-2015, 04:42 PM
Also, focus on a Bow and high dex. Max fletching. GG

Damn I haven't seen the guild name Axis in quite a while

Gustoo
07-13-2015, 04:26 PM
You want a lot of weapons

Start with the silver swiftblade
Swarmcaller for the Dot SLOw for soloing
Woodsman for the good ratio, good for a lot of stuff
1 handers because of the pride of being able to duel weild. Probably a crystalline short sword and like a jade mace or something as far as affordable decent stuff goes.

Rangers have a fun life but they are usually not needed in groups and best to have some friends around. You can solo a lot especially in velious with your animal fear. Its a labor of love to be a ranger, besides those dumb guys who think they are elite for being a bad class.

Its a fun class just doesn't shine in anything except I guess tracking now that they made bard and druid tracking less OP.

In velious you can get the 50/60 tantor's tusk but so can other melee that have more AC and HP then you, so it will come down to you abusing them with bow and arrows and the spells you do have, and then being a good jouster.

But it is doable and really that great weapon makes the ranger a much higher threat when played correctly. So keep your piercing skill high. The hardest part really is that groups are not that easy to get.