PDA

View Full Version : lost hotkey window after video resizing

starfox
07-02-2015, 11:27 PM
After resizing the game (im using wineq) by going to options>display>video modes while in game i have lost my hotkey window. I tried pressing alt h but i think whats happened is the window is somewhere beyond the edge of the game screen where I can't click and drag it. Any suggestions on how to get this window back? it's only happening with one particular size; when i switch to other sizes the window is there where i placed it. I would really prefer to play using the preferred video size which unfortunately has the hotkey window out of place.

Grimjaw
07-03-2015, 03:01 AM
once you have your desired resolution set, then do this:

/loadskin
choose default (or whatever one your using)
uncheck the "keep layout" button or some shiz

starfox
07-03-2015, 01:07 PM
Thank you that worked!

Deliverator
07-03-2015, 01:10 PM
I have a different odd problem. I lose hotbar 2 3 and 4 when I start moving stuff around my screen.

Pulgrey
08-06-2015, 05:31 PM
I have not been able to get hotbars 2, 3, or 4 to appear even using the default UI.

Looking at the UI_PlayerName_project1999.ini file (which lists window placement) it keeps defaulting the window to x,y position 0,0. Changing this and logging in seems to have no effect, nor does enabling show.

Are these windows disabled?

Tried doing a search on the forums, but of course the results are vast... heh.

Ahnen
08-06-2015, 06:02 PM
Pulgrey,

In the default UI only hot bar 1 is enabled, in order to enable all you need to do the following:

-in your Everquest directory under uifiles make a copy of the default folder and rename it something without spaces like custom1

-go here (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11949) and download the full ui @ 1. Default - Download the FULL UI >>>here<<< (click the link in the original forum page so you know it is legit)

-extract the archive or open it whatever your typically do copy the file EQUI_HotButtonWnd.xml to the new folder you created.

-once back in game type /loadskin and hit enter. Select your folder and ensure the option to keep your current layout is selected.

-you may need to enable the hotbars individually, the hotkeys for doing this can be seen or set in options. I think you can also enable them under the EQ button.

Hope this helps.

Pulgrey
08-06-2015, 06:51 PM
That actually did the trick nicely, thank you very much.