PDA

View Full Version : New to EQ and <RED>, need info about Monk gearing.

biggysmallz
07-02-2015, 04:28 PM
Hey all,

I've decided I want to come back to the game that caused me to break keyboards and punch holes in drywall. As a Monk no less!

So I was wondering what are some of the better items I could look out for to keep up with the PVP of <RED> while leveling. Essentially, I don't want to be an easy target. I remember plat not being super easy to come by so anything economical would be prefered. Also I would like to know if I should prioritize certain pieces of gear over others.

I plan on playing an Ikky, I can't remember if they were limited on armor or not. I've checked the wiki and can't find anything specific.

Lastly if anyone has experience with monk strats and doesn't mind me /telling you all the time, I'll PM you my manboobs for payment. Cause who doesn't like manboobs?

Thanks guys!

Swish
07-02-2015, 06:57 PM
Basics for leveling: magic resist gear, a decent weapon or two, a magic item for your feet, see invis item, jboots or sow pots, peggy cloak never hurts...

The rest will probably take some time. My monk is 53 and isn't wearing a hell of a lot, still wielding a peacebringer, but had a lot of fun on it. I'm not an expert by any means, but I'd say get some levels under your belt, group at every opportunity and enjoy the journey <3

There's a tstaff out there eventually ;)

biggysmallz
07-02-2015, 07:52 PM
ok cool! which weps really out class the others? im assuming ill need a 1hb, a 2hb, and some magic gloves right? i have no idea what a tstaff even is. is it hard to get? the others i recognize.