PDA

View Full Version : Rolling Red / Bard Stuff

fauxreigner
06-30-2015, 11:11 AM
I convinced a couple of friends to check out P99 a little over a month ago, and we started out on blue. It's not too bad now, but it looks like server is kind of crowded and has some crazy issues for casuals 50+, and so I thought I'd check out red.

I rolled a bard so I can level up quickly by AE kiting. I saw something in the rules about not deliberately causing xp loss in pvp... is this actually enforced, or do people usually root/snare/mez kiters to get them killed?

Also, how do bards stack up in pvp? It seems like they could be pretty good if played right, but I don't know how the resists and stuff work out. Does CHA have anything to do with song resists in pvp, or is it mostly based on the target's MR?

Looking forward to it, bros.

Eslade
06-30-2015, 12:43 PM
bards do well in pvp. you can be rooted and snared while kiting and it isn't against the rules as long as they try to get the last hit on you.

yikes
06-30-2015, 01:07 PM
I saw something in the rules about not deliberately causing xp loss in pvp... is this actually enforced, or do people usually root/snare/mez kiters to get them killed?

If they are in pvp range, this is legal as long as they are attempting to pvp you. you should prioritize MR gear so they wont land snare. It is very similar to dispelling an enchanters charmed pet right before engaging them in PVP

Pumped
06-30-2015, 01:26 PM
bards do well in pvp. you can be rooted and snared while kiting and it isn't against the rules as long as they try to get the last hit on you.

95% of bards do not do well in pvp at all, in fact the only bard i can mention that even knew how to play was tune and lelyun or whatever

half the bards on the server are like dibadicus and have no idea what the fuck to do and are just waiting in line for gear pretending they are awesome

Maja
06-30-2015, 02:07 PM
I've been intentionally snared while kiting, usually by other bards, several times. I don't think they cared about the pvp aspect, they just wanted me away from their kiting grounds.

Pumped
06-30-2015, 02:19 PM
if i see you kiting i will snare you and make fun of you till you quit

welcome to red

Swish
06-30-2015, 02:20 PM
95% of bards do not do well in pvp at all, in fact the only bard i can mention that even knew how to play was tune and lelyun or whatever

half the bards on the server are like dibadicus and have no idea what the fuck to do and are just waiting in line for gear pretending they are awesome

Does Syft have a bard? From what I read in another thread he's really good at pvp and should probably make one if not.

fauxreigner
06-30-2015, 02:31 PM
if i see you kiting i will snare you and make fun of you till you quit

welcome to red

Thanks for the warm greetings.

This is the part where I say, "Come at me bro?" Right?

Side note:
WTB +MR gear, 1 gp per MR.