PDA

View Full Version : Should KC be an FFA Zone?

Doors
06-29-2015, 01:25 AM
This was actually discussed on Sirken's stream last week. Given the amount of spying, ninja looting, and training that happens in KC a lot of people were bringing this up. Sirken and Eunomia were open to the idea.

Lasher
06-29-2015, 02:26 AM
Make if FFA and if there is a legitmate concern about lower lvls exping. One suggestion and not sure if possible but is to make it so the zone flags FFA 4 hours before VS spawns and FFA turns off when VS dies

iiNGloriouS
06-29-2015, 02:52 AM
Yes please. This would be awesome.

BeautBabeC
06-29-2015, 04:31 AM
flag ideas bad, ffa at all times.

georgie
06-29-2015, 04:33 AM
leveling is probably not a huge deal considering its either empire or goodguys in kc.

Farzo
06-29-2015, 04:52 AM
Make if FFA and if there is a legitmate concern about lower lvls exping. One suggestion and not sure if possible but is to make it so the zone flags FFA 4 hours before VS spawns and FFA turns off when VS dies

that actually sounds like a fucking good idea for all raid merbs/zones

i think u just won eq

Lasher
06-29-2015, 05:37 AM
flag ideas bad, ffa at all times.

leveling is probably not a huge deal considering its either empire or goodguys in kc.

I would prefer FFA all the time but I expect someone will say " But but but what if i want to exp?"

So I went ahead and offered a possible solution/compromise

Bazia
06-29-2015, 05:40 AM
kc exp shit anyways

Susvain2
06-29-2015, 06:22 AM
kc exp shit anyways

eh low 50s if you chain pulling lcy/hands/basement its better exp than any seb camp you could do at that level

Tradesonred
06-29-2015, 06:39 AM
Ninja looting should not be dealt by GMs in any manner whatsoever.

Rushmore
06-29-2015, 08:07 AM
this was pretty much agreed on by Sirken, Gongshow, Gardur a few Mondays ago.

Please change

Pikrib
06-29-2015, 08:42 AM
Voted no because not classic.

Level 30's-40's will never make it to CoM unless they evac from Nurga or run.

hatelore
06-29-2015, 09:05 AM
Voted no because not classic.

Level 30's-40's will never make it to CoM unless they evac from Nurga or run.

Then evac from Nurga? Fm isn't anymore dangerous at 30-40 than DL is.

Derp

brecon
06-29-2015, 09:15 AM
No, because every evac would be griefed to hell potentially. Already porters are scarce for ejacs because people wait at the zl to prey on them.

Pikrib
06-29-2015, 09:26 AM
If you don't mind unclassic then remove low level protection. Issues on this server should be resolved through pvp. It's a "PvP" server not a "I want the rules changed because mad server".

If lvl 1's could pvp in KC to solve this problem then i'm all for it. If you want that spy out of zone then have a character in the same range and pvp.

Tiggles
06-29-2015, 09:28 AM
No.

El Camacho
06-29-2015, 09:33 AM
Making Karnors free for all might reduce grief for 2 hours once a week for 2 guilds, but that grief would most likely just be transferred to everyone else on the server trying to use the zone the other 166 hours during the week.

minakto
06-29-2015, 09:55 AM
Not classic. Move to resolved. Thanks.

Samoht
06-29-2015, 10:07 AM
Evacs won't be an issue in Velious, anyway.

SamwiseRed
06-29-2015, 10:26 AM
danak farming t staffs 23/7 wiill not be happy about this change.

Eslade
06-29-2015, 10:29 AM
Yes

Tiggles
06-29-2015, 10:35 AM
Making Karnors free for all might reduce grief for 2 hours once a week for 2 guilds, but that grief would most likely just be transferred to everyone else on the server trying to use the zone the other 166 hours during the week.

Agreed.

The staff has to stop pandering to the 50 or so bored lifers who just live to kill each other and spew autism.

If they actually want this server to be a viable alternative to blue and not just some forgotten side project they will have to make it more tolerable.

We need a revised PNP that outlines the rules of this server more clearly (LNS and force LNS are so open and full of loop holes that new players don't know how to use them)

We need to REMOVE YELLOW TEXT all this does is encourage the SK/Rogue Twink brigade and the COM Levi wizards to constantly harass leveling groups. Server population is growing and we don't need new players being embarrassed with a server wide emote by some lvl 20 epiced rogue when they are in rags trying to kill orcs in crushbone.

It even effects people at level 60. How many people plug at the first sign of trouble to avoid being "YT'd" that might actually put up a fight if it was just actual classic PVP. I see people fucking deguild before dying to avoid shaming their guild server wide.

instead of talking to the Lites and the Gongshows, people with 10+ bis characters the staff should be talking to the people in TMO and Thunderdome and any other leveling guilds out there. The people who actually use LNS and actually want to level in KC. Removing the PNP and removing level limits on PVP will just continue to drive players off the server because they will be the first people murdered by Tstaff level 60s that at the same time complain about the lack of PVP.

Videri
06-29-2015, 10:53 AM

Yep. If players want to level in KC, their guild should have to hold KC. It's possible for <Empire>, <Good Guys>, and possibly <TMO> soon.

SamwiseRed
06-29-2015, 11:21 AM
I've only been back a month but I've never seen some randoms stroll into KC to get xp besides un-tagged alts.

Kerwin
06-29-2015, 11:28 AM
voting no, i hardly ever can even evac a group at 54 before being attacked within 2 seconds of zoning into kc, no one goes there unless your empire or gg

Mr Popo
06-29-2015, 11:29 AM
We need to REMOVE YELLOW TEXT all this does is encourage the SK/Rogue Twink brigade and the COM Levi wizards to constantly harass leveling groups. Server population is growing and we don't need new players being embarrassed with a server wide emote by some lvl 20 epiced rogue when they are in rags trying to kill orcs in crushbone.

IDK and IDC about FFA in KC gawd this man speaks the truth. Honestly the 4 lvl limit pvp sucks too because lowbies best way to counteract gankers is to run together, and it is dumb as shit when the epic no lifer can't be attacked by the rest of the group because they are out of level range. Watched a couple of mates die this weekend when we could have easily zerged them with 2 or 3 (mostly cause the pker was terrible as shit at this game).

Equally preposterous that they are talking above reducing the LNS violation ban to 7 days when only the account is banned and NOT THE PLAYER. I'd be my left nut that >75% of the epic delevels are 1 character account shares too. WTF just make the whole fucking server ffa with no rules and be done with it.

But then again I could have easily solved this problem by grouping with people in a zone WHERE THERE ARE NO FUCKING PEOPLE WHAT THE FUCKKKKKKK.

Tapatio
06-29-2015, 11:29 AM
0 zones should have non classic ffa in them.

Remove from planes and seb.

Doors
06-29-2015, 11:30 AM
I mean let's be honest here. No level 60 or group of 60s is sitting on the KC zone line waiting to kill a group of low level players trying to evac out.

Level 60s have their entire stable of alts camped in KC though. People level alts up to 50 or 55 just to push them out as people park sub 60 PVP mages, wizards, shamans, and OOR clerics on the block.

That still doesn't solve the problem of level 30 or lower spy alts, port bots, bards for training, ninja looting VS, the list goes on.

Sebilis is a far less important zone on this server and is FFA. Given KCs importance it should be FFA.

SamwiseRed
06-29-2015, 11:30 AM
I mean let's be honest here. No level 60 or group of 60s is sitting on the KC zone line waiting to kill a group of low level players trying to evac out.

Level 60s have their entire stable of alts camped in KC though. People level alts up to 50 or 55 just to push them out as people park sub 60 PVP mages, wizards, shamans, and OOR clerics on the block.

That still doesn't solve the problem of level 30 or level spy alts, port bots, bards for training, ninja looting VS, the list goes on.

Sebilis is a far less important zone on this server and is FFA. Given KCs importance it should be FFA.

/agree

Tapatio
06-29-2015, 11:38 AM
No. All n0n classic implementations have had negative effects. Vote no. Remove current ffa zones. Leave balance to the entire Sony team that was paid to do it circa 99. Not to the unemployed beards playing emu in 2015.

Pikrib
06-29-2015, 11:44 AM
No. All n0n classic implementations have had negative effects. Vote no. Remove current ffa zones. Leave balance to the entire Sony team that was paid to do it circa 99. Not to the unemployed beards playing emu in 2015.

daasgoot
06-29-2015, 11:48 AM
what is reason behind having some raid mob zones FFA and others not?

Dacuk
06-29-2015, 11:54 AM
KC is a raid zone for all of about 45 mins per week. Outside of that it is a good exp zone with valuable drops. Level 50-55s should be protected from the large # of 60s that hang around there. Voted no.

SamwiseRed
06-29-2015, 11:57 AM
KC is contested daily if not hourly. Making this only about VS is stupid as hell.

Videri
06-29-2015, 12:16 PM
Not everyone is emire gg or tmo and as a server that shouldn't be encouraged

Well, it's a PvP server, where PvP is for zone control and therefore mobs and drops from that zone, so there shouldn't be a way to circumvent PvP in important zones. Making KC FFA would prevent forces from using out-of-range characters from spying, training, or free-farming without a PvP solution.

Doors
06-29-2015, 12:32 PM
when oor people like vaporize purposely mallet VS on a lvl 30 during the engage.

Thanks for proving my point pal.

Tapatio
06-29-2015, 12:34 PM
play eqpvp for custom pvp

SamwiseRed
06-29-2015, 12:38 PM
I want North Freeport to be FFA.

so I can contest the low ballers and price gougers :D

Tapatio
06-29-2015, 12:59 PM
Anyways, level 1s in KC are legally allowed to be trained

Tiggles
06-29-2015, 01:01 PM
PVP cannot solve all problems no matter how hard you try and how many non classic rules you implement. You will have to petition people for breaking rules.

PVP is fantastic for solving the issues that are currently making blue unplayable but you cant expect it to solve everything. They still have gms and petitions on live for the same reason.

People flipped their fucking lid when ladygaga suspended for KSing an OOR TMO member for the AC camp. They seem to want this server to be a ruleless FFA sandbox. And of course the people who want it like that are already at the top of their game and only have something to lose if they are all of a sudden held accountable for their actions.

If some oor drops a hammer into your guilds VS or trak instead of trying to change the fucking rules of the server with more non classic bullshit, how about you put in a petition for raid interference and have him banned. It's not like sirken can't figure out who did it and he will take care of their accounts as well.

Come velious when it will take more than a week to gear up a new rogue after your old one gets banned people will think twice about doing sperg things.

Recycled Children
06-29-2015, 01:04 PM
FFA in every zone if you ask me. Bunch of betas wanting more rules. Less rules more PvP. Kill em all.

Pumped
06-29-2015, 01:08 PM

what a stupid idea and impossible to enforce and code, what are you 12 years old?

No one should be in kc below 50 just make it FFA

Doors
06-29-2015, 01:11 PM
Mornins example of vapo malleting VS with a level 30 is just one example. People resort to all sorts of scum shit in KC.

KC is also contested 24 hours a day 7 days a week. If people are so against this explain to me why Sebilis is FFA and KC is not.

If someone can get a 39 cleric to the block to OOR heal thats cool. But we should be able to kill these people for zone control. Giving OOR healers and what not PVP immunity in the most contested zone in the game for meaningful PVP encounters that determine zone control doesn't make any sense especially when a zone like Sebilis is FFA currently.

Tiggles
06-29-2015, 01:14 PM
Mornins example of vapo malleting VS with a level 30 is just one example. People resort to all sorts of scum shit in KC.

KC is also contested 24 hours a day 7 days a week. If people are so against this explain to me why Sebilis is FFA and KC is not.

If someone can get a 39 cleric to the block to OOR heal thats cool. But we should be able to kill these people for zone control. Giving OOR healers and what not PVP immunity in the most contested zone in the game for meaningful PVP encounters that determine zone control doesn't make any sense especially when a zone like Sebilis is FFA currently.

Do what they did on live with OOR healers in group PVP. Camp your lvl 44 rogue there and mill him.

It's not like it takes more than a few days to level one.

This server needs to be more classic, less custom rule bullshit like FFA zones and yellow text

Doors
06-29-2015, 01:24 PM
Camp your lvl 44 rogue there and mill him.

This is exactly what KC is now. An arms race of leveling up alts to push these people out of KC.

If someone wants to explain the logic behind Sebilis being FFA for Trakanon but KC not being FFA with a similar raid target in it I would love to hear it.

Pikrib
06-29-2015, 01:24 PM
Do what they did on live with OOR healers in group PVP. Camp your lvl 44 rogue there and mill him.

It's not like it takes more than a few days to level one.

This server needs to be more classic, less custom rule bullshit like FFA zones and yellow text

So you are saying that this problem could be solved by PvPing on a PvP server?

https://p.gr-assets.com/540x540/fit/hostedimages/1406139760/10510114.gif

Stasis01
06-29-2015, 01:25 PM
Got suspended for training an OOR epic mage, mind you I have one of these also now but I never actually petition when people do that to me.

It probably should be FFA.

Tiggles
06-29-2015, 01:26 PM
This is exactly what KC is now. An arms race of leveling up alts to push these people out of KC.

If someone wants to explain the logic behind Sebilis being FFA for Trakanon but KC not being FFA with a similar raid target in it I would love to hear it.

I agree, remove FFA from Seb as well as hate and fear.

Stasis01
06-29-2015, 01:32 PM
A lot of OOR healers/ressers makes the PVP really cluster fuckish in KC I don't think you've experienced that yet.

I do agree YT promotes raping noobs which I take part in myself.

Stasis01
06-29-2015, 01:33 PM
Same with leaderboard.

People are very scared to PVP in unwinnable situations where back in the day I would suicide mission often.

I mean no one wants to be the Ragnaros 300 death loser.

Tiggles
06-29-2015, 01:37 PM
A lot of OOR healers/ressers makes the PVP really cluster fuckish in KC I don't think you've experienced that yet.

I do agree YT promotes raping noobs which I take part in myself.

Arguing over KC is really a moot point since it will be a graveyard in a month. What will be the justification for Velkators being FFA? No raid mob there to justifying raping XP groups over and over like Seb.

The biggest concern is Yellow Text and how it incentives meaningless PVP that you only engage with when you know your going to win. PVP for XP spots and dragons is the only PVP I'm interested in not this pras pras YT bullshit that goes on now.

Doors
06-29-2015, 01:46 PM
KC will never be a graveyard as long as tstaffs drop from it.

SamwiseRed
06-29-2015, 01:50 PM
KC is probably the most contested zone in the game atm. Constant pvp. The reason you don't see it is because it is easy to plug so no YT but I assure you pvp is going down all the time there. KC/Seb are pretty much 52+ zones, anyone lower has no business in there. XP is better in CoM anyway below 54.

Colgate
06-29-2015, 01:51 PM
not classic

Doors
06-29-2015, 02:30 PM
Almost forgot to mention verix for VP access.

Recycled Children
06-29-2015, 02:34 PM
God, Tiggles just shut... The fuck... Up. Your pussy is showing.

Tapatio
06-29-2015, 03:00 PM
Did you play here pre YT? No. You were busy on blue fighting to make VP a rules based zone which is not classic so.. In other words your opinion is irrelevant.

http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/2013-09/enhanced/webdr02/25/10/anigif_enhanced-buzz-18587-1380119385-13.gif

iruinedyourday
06-29-2015, 03:29 PM
I'm just gonna come in here dick swinging saying yall are full of shiit..

Nobody who's guild isn't currently occupying this fucking zone XPs there. you got to be out of your goddamn mind.

Pffft Tiggles in here talking like there has ever been a tmo xp group in KC lol

If it's going to continue to be a contested PVP only zone, which it is and has been, then yes it should be changed to FFA.

If the desire to PvP in the zone drops to nearly none after Velly has launched, then perhaps it should stay the same.

But to any of you that think that random players can xp in KC now, and won't be able to if it's changed to FFA, you are wrong and live in your own head and don't even set foot in KC as it is.

SamwiseRed
06-29-2015, 03:31 PM
I zone into KC swinging. Ain't nobody going in there to xp without a force to contest with unless you are an OOR mage (hi Stasis)

daasgoot
06-29-2015, 03:34 PM
voted no cuz my naked low lvl portbot bound at kc would be at risk of eating a yt and if that happened everyone would think i suck and say im bad.

Tradesonred
06-29-2015, 03:39 PM
Agreed.

The staff has to stop pandering to the 50 or so bored lifers who just live to kill each other and spew autism.

If they actually want this server to be a viable alternative to blue and not just some forgotten side project they will have to make it more tolerable.

We need a revised PNP that outlines the rules of this server more clearly (LNS and force LNS are so open and full of loop holes that new players don't know how to use them)

It even effects people at level 60. How many people plug at the first sign of trouble to avoid being "YT'd" that might actually put up a fight if it was just actual classic PVP. I see people fucking deguild before dying to avoid shaming their guild server wide.

instead of talking to the Lites and the Gongshows, people with 10+ bis characters the staff should be talking to the people in TMO and Thunderdome and any other leveling guilds out there. The people who actually use LNS and actually want to level in KC. Removing the PNP and removing level limits on PVP will just continue to drive players off the server because they will be the first people murdered by Tstaff level 60s that at the same time complain about the lack of PVP.

Good post

Ive been saying for a long time that PnP is unintuitive. Worse, the subtleties and jurisprudence are lost in various dead threads, not even pinned to the main thread.

Yellow text should go, yeah. I was indifferent for it when the debate was going on on forums if it was a good thing or not, besides that i did not want location to be disclosed in the YT if it ever was implemented.

You articulate well why its a problem beyond disclosing the location of the kill.

iruinedyourday
06-29-2015, 03:45 PM
If tiggles thinks that YT is the reason there are low level PvP griefers then he has never played classic Eq PvP before..

And that bit about listening to tmo, you shit your own server up so bad with your awful rules, you want to be in charge of making them up as you see fit here? Naw no nope

Tradesonred
06-29-2015, 03:57 PM
If tiggles thinks that YT is the reason there are low level PvP griefers then he has never played classic Eq PvP before..

And that bit about listening to tmo, you shit your own server up so bad with your awful rules, you want to be in charge of making them up as you see fit here? Naw no nope

Its not the reason, but its one more reason

HippoNipple
06-29-2015, 04:02 PM

It is a stupid request. YT is necessary for enforcing PnP. TMO wouldn't even be on this server if it wasn't for PnP so the dude doesn't even know what he is asking for.

Rushmore
06-29-2015, 04:14 PM
I don't understand how people come on a PVP server and want level protection. Maybe below level 40... but afterwards you shouldn't have any type of protection.

It's not like its hard to xp

lite
06-29-2015, 05:11 PM
KC is a raid zone for all of about 45 mins per week. Outside of that it is a good exp zone with valuable drops. Level 50-55s should be protected from the large # of 60s that hang around there. Voted no.

I kind of like the Dynamic of KC. The lvl 60's fight for control so their lowbie guildies may feast!

SamwiseRed
06-29-2015, 05:14 PM
Let's just make KC instanced. hehe jk

KC is a shithole. Anyone trying to make it out as some great xp zone is a fool. Forcing us to keep level 50s alts around a zone just to protect it from harassment is dumb but it's the only pvp solution we have at the moment.

A good medium would be to make KC FFA on VS repop days. It would be between what we have now and complete FFA.

Mr Popo
06-29-2015, 05:35 PM
Recycled I'm not saying you don't have some valid points because I really have no idea how high level pvp works in this game, but the current state of affairs for low level pvp is why so many new players join then peace the fuck out after they figure out what this place is about. I highly encourage the bored as shit 60s to reroll, tell no one, and then see what it is like to play from the bottom all over again.

Slathar
06-29-2015, 06:07 PM
I agree with this being a problem and though I will shit on bluebies like tiggles that come over and troll about getting rid of YT.. I think they need to code out YT for 45 and below. Won't stop lowbie twinks but also won't encourage.

removing yt will hide the fact im chain killing level 10s at their binds

perfect

Clark
06-29-2015, 06:09 PM
Definitely not. Keep it classic.

+/- 4

Stop trying to make stuff custom content.

Mr Popo
06-29-2015, 06:18 PM
I agree with this being a problem and though I will shit on bluebies like tiggles that come over and troll about getting rid of YT.. I think they need to code out YT for 45 and below. Won't stop lowbie twinks but also won't encourage.

The thing is, if it kill counters, then obv guys are going to kill the noobs for the kda. So maybe YT but no red99mypenisislarge.com standings or something.

daasgoot
06-29-2015, 06:20 PM
red99mypenisislarge.com

i own this domain.

Doors
06-29-2015, 06:21 PM
Definitely not. Keep it classic.
+/- 4
Stop trying to make stuff custom content.

There's already FFA zones.

Mr Popo
06-29-2015, 06:24 PM
I highly encourage the bored as shit 60s to reroll, tell no one, and then see what it is like to play from the bottom all over again.

And to clarify, I mean with no gear transfer obvi or it doesn't even come close to counting.

Tradesonred
06-29-2015, 06:34 PM
removing yt will hide the fact im chain killing level 10s at their binds

perfect

See when you notice straw man arguments like these, should be a clue for staff telling them to run away in the opposite direction full throttle.

Voland
06-29-2015, 06:42 PM
Having FFA in KC would be really bad for druids trying to do EJ evac.

SamwiseRed
06-29-2015, 06:46 PM
Having FFA in KC would be really bad for druids trying to do EJ evac.

not really, nurga isnt much further if you are that scared.

Clark
06-29-2015, 06:52 PM
There's already FFA zones.

I know. Not classic.

Sirban
06-29-2015, 06:55 PM
VS is damn near as important as Trak. Voted yes

Recycled Children
06-29-2015, 07:21 PM
you bring up a lot of good points, but i feel that you are mistaken, not realizing that...Changing policy, or rules on an established server to cater to a skewed % of players, is counter productive. a high percentage of this poll leans toward FFA, but that is not a legitimate consensus of the entire server it is skewed and probably way off..

Stop trying to BDA your own server.. pretty soon you'll be looking for some unclassic rotation or some catered to casual scum policy... I left blue to avoid this, and it seems this community is not to far off..

We want a "classic environment" stop trying to make it further from that

Making another zone FFA isn't adding a new rule, there are already FFA zones. One more FFA zone is not game breaking it puts a stop to shit PvP tactics in a zone with high PvP concentration.

What the fuck is BDA? I'm not sure what that means nor where you're going with this slippery slope argument.

iruinedyourday
06-29-2015, 07:59 PM
Tmo will understand next year when they start pvping

worch
06-29-2015, 11:21 PM
No. ej evac prices would skyrocket if kc were ffa!

Silent
06-29-2015, 11:38 PM
voted ffa just cuz daily pvp so many people are oor, swapping to another in range char person is usually gone/dead by then so no point. Really tho aside from low level trains etc all that bs not a big deal. And yes I would agree its one of the best 45-55 exp spots with chance of a tstaff drop with the right group and or oog PLers(meatgrinder pets double ench fun) seen one group being semi PLd by a BP cleric and another person just rooting adds to CC clear basically 90% of KC so nothing is up but faction mobs.

Fael
06-30-2015, 12:19 AM
Should get negative points for killing people recently killed if fraps are submitted to Jeremy showing that the person was retrieving his corpse and didn't attack first.

Let's incentivize legitimate kills and not scum taking advantage of defenseless players.

Tameth
06-30-2015, 12:34 AM
this was pretty much agreed on by Tamtam, Sirken, Gongshow, Gardur a few Mondays ago.

Please change

fify