PDA

View Full Version : Looking for class suggestions/recommendations

Zaral
06-26-2015, 07:30 PM
Greetings,

Contemplating trying out the Red server, the exp bonus appeals to me and I don't mind the thought of PVP.

Eventually I would like to twink out a monk fairly heavily to level up, but I figured I would level a decent farm class first.

Originally I had started a bard to level very quickly but the idea of swam kiting on a PVP server made me uneasy, then the recent runspeed issues hit, and I don't think they'd be very decent at making money anyways.

At this point I'm down to enchanter, shaman, or possibly a wizard.

I've never played a shaman but I'm concerned their solo speed would be quite slow (especially pre-34) without being twinked. Same with a wizard.

I imagine an enchanter would be the best at this point given the above criteria. If others have the experience to qualify whether a shaman, or even a wizard, could be just as quick to level, I'd like to hear their point of view though.

Thanks for any and all insight.

Uuruk
06-26-2015, 07:32 PM
Greetings,

Contemplating trying out the Red server, the exp bonus appeals to me and I don't mind the thought of PVP.

Eventually I would like to twink out a monk fairly heavily to level up, but I figured I would level a decent farm class first.

Originally I had started a bard to level very quickly but the idea of swam kiting on a PVP server made me uneasy, then the recent runspeed issues hit, and I don't think they'd be very decent at making money anyways.

At this point I'm down to enchanter, shaman, or possibly a wizard.

I've never played a shaman but I'm concerned their solo speed would be quite slow (especially pre-34) without being twinked. Same with a wizard.

I imagine an enchanter would be the best at this point given the above criteria. If others have the experience to qualify whether a shaman, or even a wizard, could be just as quick to level, I'd like to hear their point of view though.

Thanks for any and all insight.
Soloing is dumb on this server. Roll chanter if you plan on going to 60.

Zaral
06-26-2015, 07:35 PM
I appreciate the reply, and I completely understand the sentiment of soloing being dumb in this environment.

My play time will be sporadic and unreliable, so while I'd love to group whenever possible, I likely will spend more time solo and LFG than able to spend more time in groups.

Slathar
06-26-2015, 08:02 PM
wood elf warrior so you dont get targeted in mass pvp

Pumped
06-26-2015, 08:03 PM
rexxd

SamwiseRed
06-26-2015, 08:19 PM
roll a warrior to farm up gear for your druid.

Zaral
06-26-2015, 08:24 PM
Well thought out responses, kudos

Itap
06-26-2015, 08:54 PM
just started a shaman from scratch, yikes

VincentVolaju
06-26-2015, 08:56 PM
Enchanter or druid imo. Personally druid cause its more fun to play and if you're solo often the ports are an insanely huge time saver.

Omnifiend
06-26-2015, 09:01 PM
Having started enchanter to farm, and then druid, and then necro, I can say that Druid will get you the most plat in the shortest amount of time. Ports seem to be mroe needed on this server than blue for sure, lots of good donations when porting. Just don't be greedy like Feathers.

Pumped
06-26-2015, 09:03 PM
Enchanter or druid imo. Personally druid cause its more fun to play and if you're solo often the ports are an insanely huge time saver.

druid is a great choice if you are fat, out of shape and breathe frequently through your mouth and are bad at pvp

Omnifiend
06-26-2015, 09:14 PM
I made a chanter first and knew nothing about them. I sucked bad at the pvp. Should have hit up Qtip, but I didn't know any better. Chanter solid first choice, just learn how to pvp on one.

VincentVolaju
06-26-2015, 09:34 PM
druid is a great choice if you are fat, out of shape and breathe frequently through your mouth and are bad at pvp

Yep couldn't agree more. I love my druid.

Madbad
06-26-2015, 09:36 PM
Yep couldn't agree more. I love my druid.

lol'd