PDA

View Full Version : Red experience

papercolor
06-25-2015, 11:27 AM
So I've been on red for about 2 months. I've been soloing on my enchanter Color almost the whole time. I've ran into some really cool people that could attack and probably kill me but they didn't. I've been PK'ed while killing Treeants in SK, PK'ed while trying to get Pyzjn and Pk'ed in lower guk. I've had some amazing groups as well. I went from level 12 to 18 in Befallen with almost a full group in an hour or so, grouped with some amazing people in Split Paw and went from 30 to like 35 very very quickly. Everything has been going super smooth. The groups I have had have been just amazing. The xp flys, everyone is one their toes and works their class...its really really fun!

Now the real part. Yesterday I was going to buy an item in Gfay with quit abit of the hard earned plat I've acquired. Stupid me ran to the bank and took out 500p and started running down the ramps in Kelethin to grab the item.....I was at half life. Stupid. Me.

Twink ranger rooted me on one of the bridges and destroyed me in seconds. Lost my plat, was bound near Guk. I had gate, stun, mez and blind bound but I couldn't get anything off before he killed me (Woodsman Staff hits: 99, 89......89,67...dead).

This is the cool part of Red. You can do whatever you want. I knew the risk and forgot about it. You have to stay on your toes with open pvp. You have to make smart moves and keep a positive vibe or the world will eat you alive....pvp and pve.

I know some people talk about getting killed over and over by twinks. There are plenty of places to XP due to the lower population.

Really really enjoying this experience.

daasgoot
06-25-2015, 11:33 AM
500p not to bad, tamtam lost 32K to pvp in OT

Slathar
06-25-2015, 11:34 AM
to be fair tamtam might be a retarded person

Guido
06-25-2015, 11:35 AM
its hard out there for lowbie enchs especially

word of advice, find some friends

papercolor
06-25-2015, 11:39 AM
Oh I know 500p aint much. I know once I'm higher that will come in a few hours...but trust me it took some time to get. It was more of I knew better lol. I'm working on finding friends I just play PST hours!

papercolor
06-25-2015, 11:40 AM
Also a nice bard saw me get pked. I told him I lost that money....few Min later I see that bard tried to get the ranger but got killed by him also...Was really cool of him!

Slathar
06-25-2015, 11:50 AM
Also a nice bard saw me get pked. I told him I lost that money....few Min later I see that bard tried to get the ranger but got killed by him also...Was really cool of him!

word of advice, dont listen to Guido. hes a beta bald oompa loompa without an aon or friends.

papercolor
06-25-2015, 11:52 AM
No the bard actually knew the guy I was buying the item off of :) And Blue I know that could be a possibility also...but thats all part of how this world works.

India
06-25-2015, 12:20 PM
What item were you trying to buy? I might be able to help out, no charge

papercolor
06-25-2015, 12:24 PM
India. I was buying a Wu's Quivering Staff for my buddie thats about to start. He is making a monk and I know that just the staff alone would basically power him to 20. I appreciate the offer very much but it was my own stupid fault for not securing the transaction at the bank or with gems :)

Voland
06-25-2015, 12:28 PM
In Faydwer, Felwithe is a good place to convert plat to gems, since banker and jewel merchants are close.

papercolor
06-25-2015, 12:34 PM
Thanks for the tip Voland!

SamwiseRed
06-25-2015, 12:36 PM
if you aint grouping, you're doing it wrong.

fred schnarf
06-25-2015, 12:39 PM
really like that cat in the snow : )

kunoxs
06-25-2015, 12:47 PM
I'll group with you!

papercolor
06-25-2015, 01:01 PM
I love grouping...I'm actually really really good at EQ and thrive in groups (60 bard (good bard) / enc on live). I've just been soloing for XP + Cash!

Widan
06-25-2015, 01:08 PM
Yea, if you know how to solo efficiently as an enchanter it is still better exp to solo/duo on red, even with the exorbitant group bonus.

Qtip
06-25-2015, 01:15 PM
Sorry to hear you lost your plat. Next time tash and then lvl 4 mez. Then work that ranger.

On another note, if you need spells made hit me up on Qtip anytime or Pm me on forums. Have most spells(44-49) sitting in bank for free or if you have any words you need made into spells I will do that free of charge (just have to let me know where you are).

I may also have some hand me downs sitting in the bank as well, free of charge. Enchanter takes some getting used to in pvp. Most people run(your going to die) or try to be a wizard(your going to die). If you ever need any pvp advice give me a shout in game or on forums also.

Kergan
06-25-2015, 01:34 PM
You aren't doing this right.

The proper way to handle your business on r99 is to immediately come to the forums and sperge out by accusing whoever killed you of screen dragging and MQ use. Then post screenshots of the petition you created on a website that actually makes the image smaller when you click on it as the exclamation point to your big "fuck you" to the community.

papercolor
06-25-2015, 01:38 PM
Kergan...unlike many other people online (not just p99 forums) I like to have fun and don't get all bent out of shape when things dont go my way. Hell...I prefer games where if you make mistakes you suffer consequences...Isint that why we are all here :)

Kergan
06-25-2015, 01:42 PM
Actually most of the people who play on R99 are here due to poor life choices. Probably the combination of a free server that will run off a computer they found in a dumpster outside of the office building they used to clean toilets at.

papercolor
06-25-2015, 01:46 PM
lol I highly doubt that. I bet most people that play have computers that could play MUCH MUCH newer games. But I do see what kind of outlook you have on P99 :P

fred schnarf
06-25-2015, 01:54 PM
Actually most of the people who play on R99 are here due to poor life choices. Probably the combination of a free server that will run off a computer they found in a dumpster outside of the office building they used to clean toilets at.

i like to think most people are here because eq1 was the best game ever created and they ruined it with too much content and this is one of 3 servers worth playing on

sadly the people on it are bitter and tend to zerg into 1 guild to make things as easy as possible:)

papercolor
06-25-2015, 01:57 PM
I agree 100%!! But you are right...in this day and age everyone tries to make things as easy as possible.

iruinedyourday
06-25-2015, 03:02 PM
Sorry to hear you lost your plat. Next time tash and then lvl 4 mez. Then work that ranger.

On another note, if you need spells made hit me up on Qtip anytime or Pm me on forums. Have most spells(44-49) sitting in bank for free or if you have any words you need made into spells I will do that free of charge (just have to let me know where you are).

I may also have some hand me downs sitting in the bank as well, free of charge. Enchanter takes some getting used to in pvp. Most people run(your going to die) or try to be a wizard(your going to die). If you ever need any pvp advice give me a shout in game or on forums also.

Qtip, one of the like 6 names posted in the 20 page long, kind strangers thread.

papercolor
06-25-2015, 03:41 PM
I liked that post. I like nice people in a harsh world. Just because the world is harsh does not mean you have to be (EQ and RL).