PDA

View Full Version : How good would a wipe be...

cr0ss
06-24-2015, 08:30 PM
for the health of the server?

Amazing.

Rexxin
06-24-2015, 08:32 PM
Actually would be in worse state. Would like 150 monk and 150 rog mains

syzygyst
06-24-2015, 08:33 PM
It would solve the RMT issue for a little while at least. I think it would also encourage new players to come to red. My voat is for wipe.

cr0ss
06-24-2015, 08:41 PM
Actually would be in worse state. Would like 150 monk and 150 rog mains

Without gear? No way.

SamwiseRed
06-24-2015, 08:44 PM
would be fun but i dont think rogean wants blood on his hands when 50+ neckbeards hang themselves after losing 700+ days played characters and equipment.

Mr Popo
06-24-2015, 08:46 PM
It would only slow the no lifers down for a little while and they would be back to griefing the noob zone in no time. I guess what I'm trying to say is if you want a good server don't be a ***** and do something about it.

Slathar
06-24-2015, 08:50 PM
i would quit my job at petsmart and play 24/7 instead of 21/7

SamwiseRed
06-24-2015, 08:50 PM
you work at petsmart? man you are living my dream. in and out of game, you are an inspiration.

Casey VII
06-24-2015, 08:52 PM
have 10 guises why u hef to be med

Stasis01
06-24-2015, 08:53 PM
I think Red99 has sucked my EQ dick dry. The only enjoyment I get out of the game currently is end game PVP.

Don't know if I'd have a grind in me.

Slathar
06-24-2015, 08:53 PM
you work at petsmart? man you are living my dream. in and out of game, you are an inspiration.

its part of my agreement with mother

loramin
06-24-2015, 08:54 PM
The staff have said so many times that they will never wipe. This policy isn't going to change, because (as Sam pointed out) it would completely screw over the server's most dedicated users (ie. neckbeards), the people who have been playing since before the reset crowd had even heard about the server.

But they also have said that there will be a new/fresh/"wiped" recycle server coming ... someday. So y'all would should really just be asking for them to hurry that server, rather than constantly asking for something that isn't going to happen.

Slathar
06-24-2015, 08:55 PM
The staff have said so many times that they will never wipe. This policy isn't going to change, because (as Sam pointed out) it would completely screw over the server's most dedicated users (ie. neckbeards), the people who have been playing since before the reset crowd had even heard about the server.

But they also have said that there will be a new/fresh/"wiped" recycle server coming ... someday. So y'all would should really just be asking for them to hurry that server, rather than constantly asking for something that isn't going to happen.

ill train it into the fucking ground so help me god

SamwiseRed
06-24-2015, 08:56 PM
I think Red99 has sucked my EQ dick dry. The only enjoyment I get out of the game currently is end game PVP.

http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyfak24ejt1ro91bjo1_500.gif

Furniture
06-24-2015, 08:57 PM
blue server - wipe after 2 years of velious is reasonable. Full wipe and not the bullshit new server with cross trading with the eventual merge into blue bullshit idea they are saying they are gonna do.

Red server - There are like 300 people playing on this server. If the majority wants a wipe they should just get the wipe. Would piss off all the RMTers and blue server cross traders that they might just quit too

Slathar
06-24-2015, 08:58 PM
blue server - wipe after 2 years of velious is reasonable. Full wipe and not the bullshit new server with cross trading with the eventual merge into blue bullshit idea they are saying they are gonna do.

Red server - There are like 300 people playing on this server. If the majority wants a wipe they should just get the wipe.

someone got griefed off red and wants revenge

nope

Mr Popo
That's the thing furniture, why would the 200 people who ran everyone else off want a server reset?

Slathar
That's the thing furniture, why would the 200 people who ran everyone else off want a server reset?

id do it all over again too dont think i wont

georgie

Lol u say that every box

Furniture
06-24-2015, 09:03 PM

thats a good point, i dont know shit about the red server so i wasnt aware this is how it was.

Full wipe for red and blue 2 years after velious with item loot on red

Mr Popo
06-24-2015, 09:08 PM
It's not really the 50+ pop wants to intentionally run all the noobs off, its that they really couldn't give a **** what happens if it doesn't involve their dkp/guildcockfights. A minority of those 50+ players are immature children who get kicks out of strangling toddlers and blaming their moba teammates when they feed.

Slathar
06-24-2015, 09:25 PM
if u take my precious pixels from me ill eat so destructively that twainz will thrash about his double wide with such jealousy the new madrid fault line will let loose an earthquake so large brad mcquaid will relapse and start railing xannies again

Casey VII
06-24-2015, 09:25 PM
r u gel

of my six potsbound casters with guises

R U GEL?

Slathar
06-24-2015, 09:26 PM
r u gel

R U GEL?

yes

yes i am

Casey VII
06-24-2015, 09:32 PM
nurgas be gelatin

they all be like "rogean refermat yer windows"

and he be all like "nerp"

snufzaimoverlord
06-24-2015, 09:35 PM
The only thing that will cure this box is not being on year 27 of Kubark

Bazia
06-24-2015, 10:10 PM
blaming their moba teammates when they feed.

fuk feeders

Magikarp
06-24-2015, 10:37 PM
p much my dream is unrepairable EMP atk on all p99
id roll same char same name same level 60 in 1 month again
1v1 me on twitter

Kastro
06-24-2015, 11:25 PM
The VZTZ 2.0 then 3.0 wipe killed the eq grind in me... outside an item loot server with minimal no drop (FV rules), bonus group exp, and high drop rate ... I can't see grinding eq again.. Don't care if it's FFA or Teams.

Also a wipe is RMT players dream come true... brand new untapped markets, annonyminty, huge hungry market that can be easily served..

Mr Popo
06-24-2015, 11:43 PM
Tried to figure out wtf VZTZ was and found this

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?p=494019#post494019
There will never be a fucking character wipe or server reset. STOP asking about it, STOP trolling about it, We DON'T do them. This is NOT VZ/TZ or any other server you may have been used to that happening.

GG thread

Recycled Children
06-25-2015, 12:17 AM
Server wipes are for low t betas.

Vile
06-25-2015, 10:33 AM
i understand not wanting a wipe.... and theres a lot of dudes with like 3-5+ chars with BIS gear, but you guys saying you wouldn't play again if the server was wiped...

http://warriorwaycoaching.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/yeah-right.jpg

Genedin
06-25-2015, 10:40 AM
r u gel

R U GEL?

I am

Syft-X
06-25-2015, 10:44 AM
have 10 guises why u hef to be med

1762 Casey 7 3 2.33 1 5.32

Boards been out a year, you have 7 kills lmfao, pls tell us more about all the gear that is rotting on your toon while you play like a blue on a red server.

Aren't you a wizard? I heard they are goog at getting kills, ahahahahaha what a fucking loser.

Genedin
06-25-2015, 10:46 AM
1762 Casey 7 3 2.33 1 5.32

Boards been out a year, you have 7 kills lmfao, pls tell us more about all the gear that is rotting on your toon while you play like a blue on a red server.

Aren't you a wizard? I heard they are goog at getting kills, ahahahahaha what a fucking loser.

http://i.imgur.com/tiC6j4D.png

Syft-X
06-25-2015, 11:14 AM
http://i.imgur.com/tiC6j4D.png

-10 points for failing at forumquest.

-20 for Marius gating to syft 1v1 when he had 4 lvl's over me, and you got the jump.

But feel free to post more pics of your sister's tits.

Malevz
06-25-2015, 11:56 AM
Nothing says 'spend your time leveling/gearing here' like 'we deleted everyones chars previously. Of course these threads are usually indicative of the fact that the Azrael leadership has failed at another attempt to be relevant/do something.

cr0ss
06-25-2015, 12:19 PM
I'm saying wipe it clean due to the fact as a new player to red (relatively speaking as I don't have anything of note and I'm only a 55 cleric) I am having a horrible time trying to get anything going. There are so many burned out people across the board, so many people full of distrust, the politics are just absurd and its basically going to cause the population to cannibalize itself eventually. I can't get groups, trying to find a guild that doesn't immediately think I'm some sort of scam artist or someone trying to "play them" or from a warring guild with a ton of history or whatever.... it's fucking nuts. The 50+ game on red is absurd right now unless you're in with the old boys crowd. I've been trying for days to get some xp groups together but it's hard as fuck. Let alone trying to get help with things I need done (HS key, new gear) and farming for gear? Forget about it.

Everyone always has an alt at the ready to log in and snatch it away, or it goes to the "guild" you're grouped with since you're the newbie and you can't say shit anyway. Almost makes me want to ninja it and be that guy, but that's a bannable offense.

That said, I am sure Velious will breathe some life into it for a bit. Who is to say, really... but I just feel like a wipe would be so damn beneficial to the overall health of the server. New names, anonymity for those who want it, a chance to start fresh, everyone on the same page. New alliances will form, etc.

But, I saw that thread someone linked of the admin of the servers (Rogean?) stating there will never be a wipe, so tough titties I guess. Oh well.

Malevz
06-25-2015, 12:28 PM
That would be the best announcement ever:

HEY RED, so we got through the 60 player prime times, the single digit nights, and that time Hectorchrist was playing on the server alone. We're getting some traction, we have 3 big guilds now and some smaller ones, and things are looking good.

We've decided to bolster the confidence in the server by deleting everyone, we think this will grow the pop, because who doesn't like having all their stuff deleted. We don't think this will result in only the sickest neckbeards returning, or a loss of faith since one wipe could mean future wipes.

Enjoy

Genedin
06-25-2015, 12:28 PM
-10 points for failing at forumquest.

-20 for Marius gating to syft 1v1 when he had 4 lvl's over me, and you got the jump.

But feel free to post more pics of your sister's tits.

Out of all of the people in R99, including mace boy, you are legitimately the one that scares the shit out of me and I would be afraid to meet in real life, because you are without a doubt in my mind, literally insane.

PS. Casey is a druid and he never plays that character. Captain Insano.

SamwiseRed
06-25-2015, 12:31 PM
feel bad for anyone who would actually care if their emu characters were deleted via server wipe lol

fred schnarf
06-25-2015, 12:40 PM
5 pages of naw

Syft-X
06-25-2015, 12:42 PM
Out of all of the people in R99, including mace boy, you are legitimately the one that scares the shit out of me and I would be afraid to meet in real life, because you are without a doubt in my mind, literally insane.

PS. Casey is a druid and he never plays that character. Captain Insano.

Atleast I don't post pictures of my sisters tits and say it was my wife that would be crazy.

B4EQWASCOOL
06-25-2015, 12:56 PM
Server wipes are for low t betas.

Alphas don't worry one way or the other because they come out on top no matter what.

El Camacho
06-25-2015, 01:19 PM
A wipe is at best a short term fix for whatever it is that people think is not working.

Pretty much everything would end up being the same in 3,6,12 months and then people would be asking for another wipe.

bubur
06-25-2015, 01:32 PM
but wut if rogean accidentally spills milk on the server

Kergan
06-25-2015, 01:36 PM
If you were a real man you'd simulate a wipe like Chewie instead of posting about it.

RIP in peace Chewie

Tradesonred
06-25-2015, 02:02 PM
I'm saying wipe it clean due to the fact as a new player to red (relatively speaking as I don't have anything of note and I'm only a 55 cleric) I am having a horrible time trying to get anything going. There are so many burned out people across the board, so many people full of distrust, the politics are just absurd and its basically going to cause the population to cannibalize itself eventually. I can't get groups, trying to find a guild that doesn't immediately think I'm some sort of scam artist or someone trying to "play them" or from a warring guild with a ton of history or whatever.... it's fucking nuts. The 50+ game on red is absurd right now unless you're in with the old boys crowd. I've been trying for days to get some xp groups together but it's hard as fuck. Let alone trying to get help with things I need done (HS key, new gear) and farming for gear? Forget about it.

Everyone always has an alt at the ready to log in and snatch it away, or it goes to the "guild" you're grouped with since you're the newbie and you can't say shit anyway. Almost makes me want to ninja it and be that guy, but that's a bannable offense.

That said, I am sure Velious will breathe some life into it for a bit. Who is to say, really... but I just feel like a wipe would be so damn beneficial to the overall health of the server. New names, anonymity for those who want it, a chance to start fresh, everyone on the same page. New alliances will form, etc.

But, I saw that thread someone linked of the admin of the servers (Rogean?) stating there will never be a wipe, so tough titties I guess. Oh well.

Is ninja'ing really a bannable offense? lol wtf... Velious wont change shit, server forever tainted by toxic old guard. Id say a wipe would be good cuz it would make these people whove clocked in 10,000 hours in the last 4 years quit but id be wrong.

Kable
06-25-2015, 04:18 PM
Terrible idea. I will never support wiping. It's dumb and only suits those who were banned/late to the server or didn't take advantage of the really early days. People are going to sploit, mq, rmt, and play like turds no matter how many times you wipe.

iruinedyourday
06-25-2015, 04:27 PM
changing the game to have a monthly sub, would be almost the same as a wipe

https://iampierremenard.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/yikes.jpg

B4EQWASCOOL
06-27-2015, 10:51 AM
feel bad for anyone who would actually care if their emu characters were deleted via server wipe lol

Mr Popo
06-27-2015, 10:53 AM
Probably samwise would cry for a week if you deleted is 8k posts tho

Champion_Standing
06-27-2015, 11:03 AM
Atleast I don't post pictures of my sisters tits and say it was my wife that would be crazy.

Hot