PDA

View Full Version : New And Picking A Class

eudaimonia_etc
06-17-2015, 10:33 PM
Hello All!

I'm returning to EQ after not playing since Kunark (I know...). I have been leaning towards playing an enchanter, but it seems they are fairly popular. Is there so much enchanter gear/group competition that they are unpleasant to play?

I appreciate everyone's input.

Cheers,
Eudaimonia

webrunner5
06-19-2015, 06:38 AM
An Enchanter is probably the Best class on P1999 IF you are good at playing one with charming a pet. :eek:

It is I think the hardest class to play well in EQ. :( But if you can it is the hands down the best grouping, soloing class there is. :)

I know there is a ton of them on here, but not many, just like Bards on here, are standouts. There is Always room for really good players I don't care what class you play. Word gets around. And it will mean a lot more when Velious comes out. It will separate the men from the boys as they say.

Go for it either way. It is a really rewarding class played well, or even not so well. :p

Roguejm11
06-19-2015, 08:38 AM
Enchanters are amazing at soloing when charming for a pet, but they are one of the most helpful in a group as well, from Clarity, Haste, MR, Crowd Control and Charmed Pet dmg. basically from level 1-60 you could solo or have a group in any exp zone in the game.

kremlar
06-19-2015, 09:01 AM
Started as an enchanter this past month and am up to 48 so far. I haven't had any trouble finding a group, or places to solo, or equipment thus far.

I would definitely recommend it if you have an interest.

Whirled
06-19-2015, 09:56 AM
Welcome! Sounds like you make your pick. Hope to see you around.

Morlaeth
06-19-2015, 10:41 AM
A good enchanter is amazingly powerful. Like others have said, you can group in any zone in the game or solo.

Don't underestimate the power of the duo as well. There are numerous posts on this that you can search. I main a cleric and leveled up a bunch in a duo with a great enchanter buddy of mine. It's exciting and breaks the monotony.

MycahDavith
06-19-2015, 10:44 AM
o/ Eudaimonia

mystang89
06-19-2015, 10:53 AM
Right now I'm a lvl 23 ranger grouping in upper guk and when I don't see an enchanter in group I get a big sad face. I started out thinking they were an OK class but groping with them more and more they really shine. Not a class is play but definitely a great class.

Still not as good as ranger though :p

Morlaeth
06-19-2015, 10:56 AM
I was grouped last night in Upper Guk with two rangers who really did well pulling and working together to root CC.

If you were one of them, props!

nitrix
06-19-2015, 11:15 AM
I recently helped my gf create a new character and had her read through this for class descriptions.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Newbie

While it's not perfect, the descriptions do a good job of laying out the class at a high level.

That said, my first character here was an enchanter. Doing the Stein of Moggok quest at 12 (or 8 if you are DE) is a great money maker!

mystang89
06-19-2015, 12:46 PM
Hey Morlaeth, I was grouped with Aija, think thats the spelling. This is Jaish. Was a good group with everyone working together.

Clark
06-19-2015, 12:50 PM
An Enchanter is probably the Best class on P1999 IF you are good at playing one with charming a pet. :eek:

It is I think the hardest class to play well in EQ. :( But if you can it is the hands down the best grouping, soloing class there is. :)

^ This. Shaman is the easier version, and just as strong too. Both equally amazing.

Welcome to the server!

Morlaeth
06-19-2015, 01:03 PM
Yeah, well done guys!

-Dunf

eudaimonia_etc
06-19-2015, 11:36 PM
Thanks for all the advice folks! I will stick with the enchanter. I look forward to the challenge! Keep an eye out for Deuced ;)

gprater
06-28-2015, 12:11 PM
Enchanter is a fun class. Lots to do.

slowpoke68
06-28-2015, 04:02 PM
This is so cool, see so many names in this thread I have grouped with who are good people. Have fun all!

Quintilius