PDA

View Full Version : Necro stats allocation

sk8jack
10-24-2010, 03:39 AM
Just got the emu installed.:)
Planning to roll a DE necro.
Which starting stats should i put my points into?
Been looking around the forum and asking some necros in game and this is what I've concluded.
1) Put all into Stam and rest Into Intel
2) Put all into Intel and rest into Stam
So which option would be a better choice for me?

ealeth
10-24-2010, 03:56 AM
Option 1
It's much harder to raise STA then INT with items. More HP = more chances to survive at lower levels (or at any level actually).
Later on, at level 8, you get your first HP to mana convert spell (Dark Pact). More HP = more mana.

Swishahouse
10-24-2010, 05:07 AM
Silk classes don't get a very good stamina:hp ratio as far as I can tell.

sk8jack
10-24-2010, 05:14 AM
Some necro players said to dump all into Intel first as +HP items will cover up the lack of Stam in late game.
Oh dilemma. :confused:

Swishahouse
10-24-2010, 05:54 AM
raw HP is better than stam for silk classes, imo

sk8jack
10-24-2010, 06:21 AM
So do i put all into Intel first then Stam?
Reach softcap for Intel and then swap Intel gear for +HP gear?
That's what i read from one of the post here.

Darklake
10-24-2010, 06:54 AM
Go 50:50, just play and don't worry about numbers :-)

XDrake
10-24-2010, 08:31 AM
As a Necro your HP is your Mana. Furthermore, you don't want to be too soft when you get to the high end and need to be able to take some hits to tap tank if things go bad for you.

First, I'd say don't be a DE Necromancer. Be a Erudite as things like the Mantle of Souls is right there for you when you are higher level (+75 Mana, +10 INT) and a harvester easily fixes any vision problem you may have. Furthermore, the game gives you all sorts of Erudite Necromancer only items like that and the Flayed Skin Armor in Kunark which is dirt cheap because only Erudites and Humans can wear it.

Be different. Be a human, erudite, or at least a gnome. As a Dark Elf you can hide and have night vision... But, as a Erudite you can focus more toward HP and you naturally make up for it with the ridiculous INT.

Estu
10-24-2010, 09:57 AM
Don't go STA. You get bad HP returns. Instead, go for HP gear after your INT at 200. Although, personally, I went 15 STR and 15 CHA on my necromancer, just to hold more stuff and sell stuff to merchants for more. Because, ultimately, that bigger mana pool? Not terribly important IMO.

Combo
10-24-2010, 11:38 AM
Pre-Kunark I'd still recommend STA (some in STR is also a good idea for carrying stuff if you can't afford weight reduction packs). You don't have mana problems thanks to Lich, but you might have HP problems because of it.

Don't be a Dark Elf. I've never seen anything but a Dark Elf necromancer and want to see something new. DE stats are bad compared to an Erudite and you're going to look like a skeleton all the time anyway.

Post-Kunark, you are an Iksar or you're an idiot. Pick one.

Randiesel
10-24-2010, 11:44 AM
Don't be a Dark Elf. I've never seen anything but a Dark Elf necromancer and want to see something new. DE stats are bad compared to an Erudite and you're going to look like a skeleton all the time anyway.

+1

Mcbard
10-24-2010, 01:46 PM
Option 1 for sure, you'll thank yourself later.

Yoite
10-25-2010, 12:13 PM
all that STA isnt going to help a cloth class like it will a plate class. Your better off going INT starting points and getting to 200+ int and then going with +hp and +mana items. I went all STA and it hardly gives me an extra hp. I would have more hp and mana if i had gone all INT b/c i could trade out more +INT items for +hp/mana items.

I'd also suggest Erudite or waiting for Kunark for Iksar.

Darklake
10-25-2010, 12:36 PM
Erudite is great until you try to use the lift to actually get out of Paineel. I quit after about 10 minutes of clicking that bloody rock. If there's a different trick to the lifts in Kelethin, I'd love to know it.

Messianic
10-25-2010, 12:41 PM

I couldn't resist playing a necro now rather than waiting for Kunark, or i'd be Iksar...

I don't think that makes me an idiot, necessarily =/

Messianic
10-25-2010, 12:42 PM
Erudite is great until you try to use the lift to actually get out of Paineel. I quit after about 10 minutes of clicking that bloody rock. If there's a different trick to the lifts in Kelethin, I'd love to know it.

Click until the visible lift button goes up or down three times sequentially, and the lift activates. Paineel is similar; after I finally found the exit lift, I had to do a lot of clicking. It works though.

Yoite
10-25-2010, 12:43 PM

lol talk to guard NPC and get the key...

yall remember your playing EQ right? gotta hail NPCs and shit. If your looking for the ? and ! your playing the wrong game.

Darklake
10-25-2010, 12:58 PM
Yes, that was with the key equipped, yes, I know how the Kelethin lifts work and no, I'm not expecting a classic EQ server to be like WoW.

Shad
10-25-2010, 01:14 PM
Click twice.

Estu
10-25-2010, 08:10 PM
You have to have the Paineel key on your cursor, not just in your inventory.

Darklake
10-26-2010, 12:10 AM
Yes, the key was on the cursor. I was also standing close enough to not have the "you can't reach that" message. The rock spun when I clicked on it.

Low post count <> noob.

Estu
10-26-2010, 01:01 AM
Yes, the key was on the cursor. I was also standing close enough to not have the "you can't reach that" message. The rock spun when I clicked on it.

Low post count <> noob.

JUST TRYIN' TO OFFER SOME FRIENDLY ADVICE BRO.

Yoite
10-26-2010, 10:25 AM
can't get out of home city = noob

Combo
10-26-2010, 01:13 PM
I couldn't resist playing a necro now rather than waiting for Kunark, or i'd be Iksar...

I don't think that makes me an idiot, necessarily =/

Post-Kunark, you are an Iksar

Post-Kunark

William_Munny15
10-27-2010, 09:11 PM
Sometimes it takes a few clicks, just look up and see if u click it and it comes down, if not do it again.