PDA

View Full Version : @ staff: Not naming names hurts the server

Fame
06-15-2015, 05:24 PM
You guys should really consider naming names when you do bans. I think Cersei's walk last night taught us all something about shame.

In addition to that, when there is no official word, rumors rule the world. This becomes a problem when you have pro level forumquesting goin on. This also comes at a time when blue to red migration is at an all-time high. The people interested in making these moves are in most cases, at least casually aware of forumquest. I would guess that at least 65% of them did some reading before making the move.

When you have stuff like: RMT, Pay-to-win, favoritism, and corruption, as a common narrative you have a problem. Especially when this server seems to be standing solely on its integrity.

Transparency would be a big move for the server. I think many would agree, without it, there is room for question.

Doors
06-15-2015, 05:32 PM
It was vapo and dekadenz. There I just named the them for ya.

Fame
06-15-2015, 05:36 PM
You're doors, and no one gives a fuck. I'm talkin staff posts, not more pleb life bullshit.

Syft-X
06-15-2015, 05:44 PM
You guys should really consider naming names when you do bans. I think Cersei's walk last night taught us all something about shame.

In addition to that, when there is no official word, rumors rule the world. This becomes a problem when you have pro level forumquesting goin on. This also comes at a time when blue to red migration is at an all-time high. The people interested in making these moves are in most cases, at least casually aware of forumquest. I would guess that at least 65% of them did some reading before making the move.

When you have stuff like: RMT, Pay-to-win, favoritism, and corruption, as a common narrative you have a problem. Especially when this server seems to be standing solely on its integrity.

Transparency would be a big move for the server. I think many would agree, without it, there is room for question.

Would it?

Promote Health of the server-Check

Maintain staff integrity by showing transparent unbiased rule enforcement-Check

Protect new players from long time scum-Check

Allow players to police the server by shunning the scumbags-Check

Destroy rumors of staff corruption- Check

Yes it would do all of these things, that's exactly why it's never gonna be done. But what's the fun in being a consistent, fair unbiased enforcer of server policy.

When it's so much more fun to log on drunk and ban 20 people you don't like based on your friends skype convo.

Champion_Standing
06-15-2015, 05:53 PM
You're doors, and no one gives a fuck. I'm talkin staff posts, not more pleb life bullshit.

says the pleb

Doors
06-15-2015, 05:54 PM
I just answered the question you asked. Staff doesn't make their disciplinary actions public.

Efwan
06-15-2015, 06:06 PM
Vaporize (many of his accounts), Ksah, and Littlegyno. Legit answer

Samsung
06-15-2015, 06:09 PM

Lmfao

Fame
06-15-2015, 06:28 PM
It's early

Tapatio
06-15-2015, 08:04 PM
Heartbrand, handpartytowel, vaporize, brobb, novus, ksah, andis, elderan, jibeknn, sektors, dekadenz (multiple chars each) current verified list

Samsung
06-15-2015, 08:06 PM
Heartbrand, handpartytowel, vaporize, brobb, novus, ksah, andis, elderan, jibeknn, sektors, dekadenz (multiple chars each) current verified list

Not banned sorry yo disappoint.

syzygyst
06-15-2015, 08:09 PM
Would it?

Promote Health of the server-Check

Maintain staff integrity by showing transparent unbiased rule enforcement-Check

Protect new players from long time scum-Check

Allow players to police the server by shunning the scumbags-Check

Destroy rumors of staff corruption- Check

Yes it would do all of these things, that's exactly why it's never gonna be done. But what's the fun in being a consistent, fair unbiased enforcer of server policy.

When it's so much more fun to log on drunk and ban 20 people you don't like based on your friends skype convo.

Syft-X
06-15-2015, 08:28 PM

Smells like bullshit to me

Pumped
06-15-2015, 08:31 PM
that's the problem we shouldn't have to smell threads

there should be open postings about who was officially banned

we need a red99 newsletter or investigative reporting

Que caseys gazette

Syft-X
06-15-2015, 08:34 PM
that's the problem we shouldn't have to smell threads

there should be open postings about who was officially banned

we need a red99 newsletter or investigative reporting

Que caseys gazette

There are reasons why this will never happen and none of them are good for the server.

LoliPops
06-15-2015, 08:36 PM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/814/259/e9f.jpg

Syft-X
06-15-2015, 08:42 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-lyzQNYCPJPA/Ub-t1EL1_wI/AAAAAAAABKo/HVYF1KUifjo/s1600/2657402453_why_dont_you_just_PAY_ATTENTION_TO_ME_x large_answer_3_xlarge.jpg

syzygyst
06-15-2015, 08:56 PM
Dude, Kimm really seems to want the Syft-D

He-she seems to be a little obsessed

Syft-X
06-15-2015, 09:09 PM
Dude, Kimm really seems to want the Syft-D

He-she seems to be a little obsessed

It's getting alil creepy

Nirgon
06-15-2015, 09:11 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbiyb6VjDm1qe7czqo1_500.jpg

syzygyst
06-15-2015, 09:36 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbiyb6VjDm1qe7czqo1_500.jpg

Lol, I was wondering when Miss Fusspot was going to show up and be Kimm's sockpuppet. Welcome to the thread Kimmgon, or Nirgipops.

Syft-X
06-15-2015, 10:20 PM
Lol, I was wondering when Miss Fusspot was going to show up and be Kimm's sockpuppet. Welcome to the thread Kimmgon, or Nirgipops.

The funny thing is Nirgon died to Kimm in a 1v1. LOL can't even imagine that happening.

Haynar
06-15-2015, 10:24 PM
Fred. Alice. Rhoda. Mr. Withers. Dave. Pete. Wimbly. Rupert. Davis. Mr. Smeed. Sally. Bertha. Fredrick. Sam. Sue. Bill. Candy. Ellis. Donald. Daisey. Mickey. Goofy. Wilma. Barney. Pebbles. Bam Bam. And Hong Kong Fooey.

There, named and shamed.

H

Glenzig
06-15-2015, 10:26 PM
Fred. Alice. Rhoda. Mr. Withers. Dave. Pete. Wimbly. Rupert. Davis. Mr. Smeed. Sally. Bertha. Fredrick. Sam. Sue. Bill. Candy. Ellis. Donald. Daisey. Mickey. Goofy. Wilma. Barney. Pebbles. Bam Bam. And Hong Kong Fooey.

There, named and shamed.

H

Reported for rl attacks. :D

Haynar
06-15-2015, 10:29 PM
Reported for rl attacks. :D

And my point being, is a silly list of names, of people who never played here can be just as entertaining.

Name and Shame is Lame.

Requesting name and shame, is lamer.

Syft-X
06-15-2015, 10:37 PM
And my point being, is a silly list of names, of people who never played here can be just as entertaining.

Name and Shame is Lame.

You're right we should have people running around with ultimate power and zero accountability. Making fly by decisions that aren't disclosed or evenly enforced.

We should allow everyone who have offended to come back and start anonymously with zero knowledge of their crimes made public, so they can continue their nefarious activities with zero repercussions and a spotless record.

Jeez even North Korea has a better justice system than that.

Glenzig
06-15-2015, 10:37 PM

Name and Shame is Lame.

Seriously though. Acording to Rogaen and Sirken, a considerable amount of time is spent tracking down the rmt transactions. Blanket bans happen, then "not guilty" petitions start. After a few weeks to a month, anyone who is still banned is actually guilty. Correct?
So why not name and shame at that point?I understand not putting it all out immediately, because of the blanket ban procedure, which I agree with. But why keep the names secret?
Not trolling. Serious question.

Doors
06-15-2015, 10:59 PM
Ya threads awful didn't even vote. Glad the staff agrees with me.

Fame please don't make any more threads in the future thnx.

Haynar
06-16-2015, 01:51 AM
You're right we should have people running around with ultimate power and zero accountability. Making fly by decisions that aren't disclosed or evenly enforced.

We should allow everyone who have offended to come back and start anonymously with zero knowledge of their crimes made public, so they can continue their nefarious activities with zero repercussions and a spotless record.

Jeez even North Korea has a better justice system than that.
You don't like the rules, go play on p2002. I hear they have a hands off GM policy.

There are innocents caught sometimes. And bans get overturned. So name them and subject them to public humiliation too? Then what? After ban is overturned, ban everyone who harassed them?

No thanks to a medival archaic public flogging.

Nuff sed.

H

Clark
06-16-2015, 01:52 AM
Poll speaks for itself. :)

quido
06-16-2015, 01:52 AM
Name and shame them after the appeals process is complete so we can know who to avoid. Considering we're held liable for the quality of company we keep, the least you guys could do is let us know when someone is banned for breaking rules instead of them sneaking back into our good graces on a new character.

Raev
06-16-2015, 01:57 AM
Name and shame them after the appeals process is complete

+1

I have seen the staff make mistakes on this front (I know Briscoe was banned incorrectly for RMT).

Clark
06-16-2015, 02:00 AM
Name and shame them after the appeals process is complete

Good point agreed.

quido
06-16-2015, 02:01 AM
Don't quote my posts or I'll contact Daybreak man.

Clark
06-16-2015, 02:03 AM
Just saying you made a good point can you be civil sometimes jeeze.

quido
06-16-2015, 02:12 AM
It would only encourage you to say more stupid shit.

Doors
06-16-2015, 02:25 AM
Man syft even the staff dunk on you here. Might be time to retire as the worst forumquester of all time and just get out now.

Clark
06-16-2015, 02:28 AM

There, named and shamed.

H

lol

Kergan
06-16-2015, 04:54 AM
Man syft even the staff dunk on you here. Might be time to retire as the worst forumquester of all time and just get out now.

It has happened multiple times and it doesn't even slow him down. Dude is determined if nothing else so you gotta have some respect for that.

Buhbuh
06-16-2015, 05:44 AM
It has happened multiple times and it doesn't even slow him down. Dude is determined if nothing else so you gotta have some respect for that.

yeah he's all kinds of dumb

and a shitty player

Smedy
06-16-2015, 06:22 AM
here's what happened exactly...

vapo quits the server after nizzar was turned in and framed by aim chat members that had infiltrated nihilum and wanted to take over the lead. vapo gets approached by gyno about selling his stuff to him for $$$, he goes ahead and deals with gyno.

vapo comes back to the server around 1 year later, good guys happens. they win some fights, empire core clearly scared of things to come if the old nihilum players show up on the scene.

empire core realizes that taking vaporize out is the number #1 priority to make the server a deadzone with them having exclusive access to pixels with zero chance of pvp challenge, gyno presents the fact that he has evidence of himself and vaporize doing RMT over a year ago. Gongshow asks gyno to provide proof of this and it is done, gongshow then turns this proof in to sirken who bans both of them.

TLDR:
vapo was approached, did not look to sell. a deal was struck between 2 grown adults, gyno then ratted himself out in order to take down someone more important than himself to make server less competative.

This is exactly what happened, but it's not the end of the story, it's only the beginning.

Nirgon
06-16-2015, 06:45 AM
Smedy nut swinging Nizzar, hell has frozen over

Andis in Empire

Welcome to the Twilight Zone

Colgate
06-16-2015, 06:45 AM
smedy if i bring rexx back from the dead will you promise to be funny again

georgie
06-16-2015, 07:05 AM
That sounds pretty accurate

Silent
06-16-2015, 10:14 AM

vapo quits the server after nizzar was turned in and framed by aim chat members that had infiltrated nihilum and wanted to take over the lead. vapo gets approached by gyno about selling his stuff to him for $$$, he goes ahead and deals with gyno.

vapo comes back to the server around 1 year later, good guys happens. they win some fights, empire core clearly scared of things to come if the old nihilum players show up on the scene.

empire core realizes that taking vaporize out is the number #1 priority to make the server a deadzone with them having exclusive access to pixels with zero chance of pvp challenge, gyno presents the fact that he has evidence of himself and vaporize doing RMT over a year ago. Gongshow asks gyno to provide proof of this and it is done, gongshow then turns this proof in to sirken who bans both of them.

TLDR:
vapo was approached, did not look to sell. a deal was struck between 2 grown adults, gyno then ratted himself out in order to take down someone more important than himself to make server less competative.

This is exactly what happened, but it's not the end of the story, it's only the beginning.

Pretty much almost right, few of the names mixed tho.

Vile
06-16-2015, 10:17 AM
Fame, I have to read this thread still but thank you for keeping FQ alive in my absence!

Agatha
06-16-2015, 10:18 AM

TLDR:

quoting for truth, bolding the important part. everyone from nihi is coming back and going to bomb on everyone in empire that purchased shit from them in empire. nirgon retires, just think about that and what reason he had to retire for :)

Kergan
06-16-2015, 11:04 AM

TLDR:

This is not at all what happened. Anyone who paints this story as the truth has a clear agenda.

I have no horse in this fight, I have e-pals on both sides and I've always been cool with everyone mentioned in your post. But some shady shit went down and it didn't have to, people take this server way too seriously.

Agatha
06-16-2015, 11:11 AM
This is not at all what happened. Anyone who paints this story as the truth has a clear agenda.

I have no horse in this fight, I have e-pals on both sides and I've always been cool with everyone mentioned in your post. But some shady shit went down and it didn't have to, people take this server way too seriously.

umm, what do you mean this is the actual truth lol.

Tapatio
06-16-2015, 11:17 AM

http://i.imgur.com/aslU6IQ.gif

Akalakamelee
06-16-2015, 12:04 PM
people take this server way too seriously.

Fact.

Koota
06-16-2015, 01:53 PM
Fact.

Fame
06-16-2015, 02:22 PM
Poll speaks for itself. :)

+ a staff appreance, even if hes not on board, also, suck it Doors :D and I told mornin the thread would take time.

Fame delivering quality forumquest on the reg since the beginning.

Do I need to link the red recruit posts on blue froms that I made years ago, eventually endorsed by staff and rather effective at bringing fresh recruits to the server? I would say my efforts have brought no less than 150 players to red over the years.

http://cdn3.teen.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/taylor-swift-bowing.gif

Babam
06-16-2015, 02:24 PM

Name and Shame is Lame.

Wasnt the staff accusing people of knowingly acquainting with known dirty whistles? That if they hadnt done that, they wouldnt have banned accounts? When there was that wave ban where people ended up with stripped items that they didnt even know their provenance?

Naming the names of the people who got banned would go a long way i think toward the most toxic elements slowly becoming pariahs. Like if i know some guy dealt in shady stuff alarm bells might start ringing earlier when i start suspecting the pulls hes doing are actually exploits. Took me a while to figure out the Fungi King exploit.

Kergan
06-16-2015, 02:43 PM
umm, what do you mean this is the actual truth lol.

There are a few elements of it that hold a form of the truth. But the way it is presented paints an entirely different picture than how it actually happened. Like I said, agenda.

This server would be a lot better if everyone just realized we're a bunch of (mostly) middle aged dudes who are looking to reclaim a piece of our youth, and stopped acting like such douchebags. People treat each other like shit on this server.

zaos13
06-16-2015, 08:26 PM
There are a few elements of it that hold a form of the truth. But the way it is presented paints an entirely different picture than how it actually happened. Like I said, agenda.

This server would be a lot better if everyone just realized we're a bunch of (mostly) middle aged dudes who are looking to reclaim a piece of our youth, and stopped acting like such douchebags. People treat each other like shit on this server.

16 year old imba is life man.

I, for one, appreciate the rose tinted views of what people think verant's original game was like.

Tomm Selleck
06-16-2015, 09:24 PM
quoting for truth, bolding the important part. everyone from nihi is coming back and going to bomb on everyone in empire that purchased shit from them in empire. nirgon retires, just think about that and what reason he had to retire for :)

non of them liked you....nor would they trust you or even play this server again. they knuckle deep in dat archage

Twainz
06-16-2015, 10:01 PM
Please ban OP for GOT spoilers

Agatha
06-16-2015, 11:05 PM
non of them liked you....nor would they trust you or even play this server again. they knuckle deep in dat archage

thats wierd, a bunch of them have been in GW TS since gyno got banned loading us up with ammo to hurl at empire, and surprise there is more ammo than i thought, its like every single nihilum member when they quit RMT'd to an empire member as they left the server.

who would have thought when someone quits they RMT?

edit: just voted, amazing me and nirgon both agree on something.

Syft-X
06-16-2015, 11:26 PM
You don't like the rules, go play on p2002. I hear they have a hands off GM policy.

There are innocents caught sometimes. And bans get overturned. So name them and subject them to public humiliation too? Then what? After ban is overturned, ban everyone who harassed them?

No thanks to a medival archaic public flogging.

Nuff sed.

H

I don't mind it being that way at all what I can't stand is hypocrisy and lies. You can do whatever you want on this server thats absolutely true. But then don't white knight and say it's fair and balanced.

Just come out and say we are going to do whatever the fuck we want. You absolutely have the right to give your friends here unfair treatment, and not disclose it publicly. Why have this false pretense of fairness and then say go play somewhere else when anyone points it out.

Just say it from the beginning so people that start here know what to expect before investing their time. No need to wait until someone points it out for you to say "Don't like it leave" Open with that.

bloodletter
06-17-2015, 12:04 PM
perhaps if enough people get banned over RMT-ing it will be a "simulated wipe" !!!

Pumped
06-17-2015, 12:41 PM
not likely