PDA

View Full Version : Pathing Mobs warping instead of walking back to spawn.

Rayzor84
06-12-2015, 10:48 PM
So I noticed when I pull multiples, then FD and wait for them to walk back to sneak pull one, they don't walk back anymore. I feign, and in succession the mobs turn, stand still, then warp part way back to their spawn. This makes timing the pull and being in throwing range very difficult as I can't really judge where the mob will be and when, or if others are still being judged server side to be near each other so I still get multiples.

Mobs used to smoothly turn around and walk, making judging accurate for picking one off.

kirkrunner
06-13-2015, 03:30 AM
also experiencing this when fear kiting as a shadowknight and bash the monster it warps for a second.

Raezzor
06-13-2015, 09:46 AM
This also occurs a bit on death walks when a snare/root wears off. Had a mob snared with the low level bard DD/snare. It stopped moving. Snare wore off and the mob literally teleported out of melee range a ways.

worch
06-13-2015, 11:42 AM
With the recent patch, I've noticed mobs slightly warping around while wandering their normal paths, particularly in kurn's tower. Where they make 90 degree turns, they sometimes will continue walking w/o turning (e.g. into a wall), then a couple seconds later, warp to where the server expects them. Lag is normal at 100ms and no packet loss fwiw.

Haynar
06-13-2015, 11:46 AM
I will have to test if the other fixes for mob movement fixes this. If not, will put a fix together.

H

Rayzor84
06-13-2015, 02:57 PM
I will have to test if the other fixes for mob movement fixes this. If not, will put a fix together.

H

Thanks Haynar :D

Adcid
06-13-2015, 05:40 PM

does that mean a movement fix is underway?:D

Rayzor84
06-16-2015, 11:44 AM
Doesn't seem to be happening to me now. Was it fixed this morning?

Haynar
06-16-2015, 11:45 AM
Doesn't seem to be happening to me now. Was it fixed this morning?

Yes

Rayzor84
06-16-2015, 11:46 AM
Great thanks!

Devious00
08-27-2015, 06:48 PM
The mob warping seems to be a problem again. Most noticeably after a successful bash that stuns a mob that's moving while feared and snared. It seems to happen after a snare drops as well and the mob is below 20% hp and fleeing.

Sorn
08-28-2015, 06:10 PM
Saw this happening several times as well. I ended up catching it on my stream earlier today.

Video of some warping seen over the course of two fights. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH9JbcsyMe8)

The warping when the puma was fleeing is somewhat questionable since I was in first person, all I know is that it disappeared on me and when I turned around, it seemed a little farther away than I thought it should be. In the very beginning it's definitely doing some crazy stuff. I was trying to hit it with a shuriken and nothing was happening.

No bash, can't test that.

Toodles
08-31-2015, 11:34 AM
The mob warping seems to be a problem again. Most noticeably after a successful bash that stuns a mob that's moving while feared and snared. It seems to happen after a snare drops as well and the mob is below 20% hp and fleeing.

Can confirm. On top of mobs warping when fleeing (which has recently gotten worse), it seems when using bash/slam, the mob gets a half second stun (animation wise) then warps ahead out of melee range.

Combined with the awful hit boxes, this is infuriating and frustrating.

Mobs in Wakening Land also have curiously silly pathing that leads them up trees, then across another tree, back down, then they run some football tight end pattern, slice across the middle, then come back into the pocket to fight. This can happen mid fight as well... just off they go for a quick jog.
Panther's are the most common for this.