PDA

View Full Version : Anon

kildone
06-12-2015, 04:05 PM
What would be the impact of eliminating /anon and /role on red99?
Would you like this to happen?

I realize that the developers and administrators have a vision and this may or may not sway them to make a change. I just want to know how folks think on this.

I have learned a lot from previous posts and enjoyed the discussions and input from other players. Hoping for more of the same on this topic.

lite
06-12-2015, 04:18 PM
would lead to more fast pace PVP, but it would eliminate a good deal of tactic out of the game.

Guido
06-12-2015, 04:20 PM
bad idea overall

voted no

Recycled Children
06-12-2015, 04:25 PM
I think a better idea is to not have /who at all.

Kergan
06-12-2015, 04:27 PM
Best idea would be a zone control map RoZ style that shows if a certain guild has more than X amount of players in a general area.

Grimjaw
06-12-2015, 04:32 PM
I think a better idea is to not have /who at all.

lol I'd vote for this. would make things real interesting

daasgoot
06-12-2015, 04:39 PM
voted naw

kildone
06-12-2015, 05:02 PM
Cool, thank you for the good responses.

I understand these servers are based on keeping the game as close as possible to classic. I understand the rules here are based on that. This thread is just based on thoughts of how the game could be better.

To Lite I would say you are right, this would fundamentally change the tactics of how the game is currently played. Would you be willing to expand on that? Do you think it would be a good thing or bad thing overall?

To Recycled - Good thought, this is the opposite of my question. I have thought about this as well, eliminate the ability to find players in other zones by name. Should it be limited to in zone tracking? I like this idea for realism and think it would be a cool game, especially with high population of diverse levels.

To Kergan - That is an interesting idea. I always value your opinion, thank you. I am not sureif I have seen RoZ before, can you please provide a link?

To Guido and dasgoot - I would love to hear both sides of the argument. Honestly, I am not sure where I stand myself. As I said I'm not looking to change anything, just wondering about the pros and cons. If you could spare a moment to explain, it would be most appreciated.

Kergan
06-12-2015, 05:09 PM
Cool, thank you for the good responses.

I understand these servers are based on keeping the game as close as possible to classic. I understand the rules here are based on that. This thread is just based on thoughts of how the game could be better.

To Lite I would say you are right, this would fundamentally change the tactics of how the game is currently played. Would you be willing to expand on that? Do you think it would be a good thing or bad thing overall?

To Recycled - Good thought, this is the opposite of my question. I have thought about this as well, eliminate the ability to find players in other zones by name. Should it be limited to in zone tracking? I like this idea for realism and think it would be a cool game, especially with high population of diverse levels.

To Kergan - That is an interesting idea. I always value your opinion, thank you. I am not sureif I have seen RoZ before, can you please provide a link?

To Guido and dasgoot - I would love to hear both sides of the argument. Honestly, I am not sure where I stand myself. As I said I'm not looking to change anything, just wondering about the pros and cons. If you could spare a moment to explain, it would be most appreciated.

This is the zone control map. That server has city control so that is why you see guild names on cities. If anyone actually played there anymore you'd see little crossed sword icons in an area if more than 5 people from a single guild are there. That server was built around a lower population so you'd probably want to increase it to like 10 for here.

http://www.eqpvp.com/index.php/topic,1768.0.html

pgerman
06-12-2015, 05:19 PM
I kill exp groups on a pretty consistent basis, but I still think they need to know who is in the zone.

Undergeared players need some sort of heads up vs overgeared players for sure. As much as I would like to grief everyone off the box /who is in the game for good reason.

Deleting /anon , is just stupid. I agree with lite on this one, would take out the small amount of tactical skill that is in the game.

Snapple
06-12-2015, 05:34 PM
I kill exp groups on a pretty consistent basis, but I still think they need to know who is in the zone.

Undergeared players need some sort of heads up vs overgeared players for sure. As much as I would like to grief everyone off the box /who is in the game for good reason.

Deleting /anon , is just stupid. I agree with lite on this one, would take out the small amount of tactical skill that is in the game.

"tactical skill"

Are we still talking about Everquest?

Uuruk
06-12-2015, 07:16 PM
Lites tactical everquest strategy is to log in as many characters as possible while the gms look the other way.

georgie
06-12-2015, 07:46 PM
Does op play here?