PDA

View Full Version : Ench or Necro ?

SewingMachine
06-12-2015, 02:35 PM
I play mostly on blue, but want to try out red just to see. I want to play a class that can solo because i hear the server can be dead at times. I know necros do well, but can ench level at about the same speed ? Also This is fresh char so I have no gear.

I just dont want to regret my decision later in the game. On blue I play a shaman, always wanted to try and caster.

Colgate
06-12-2015, 02:37 PM
enchanter

SamwiseRed
06-12-2015, 02:38 PM
necro :D

Slathar
06-12-2015, 02:42 PM
wood elf warrior

Wurl
06-12-2015, 02:42 PM
I've rarely had problems finding groups on red, as long as you stick to the high ZEM zones. With the group exp bonus it makes sense to group up.

Play what you think you'll stick with. That said, enchanters are in real high demand. No class is so flooded that people won't want you in groups (except wizards, ugh). Charm soloing 30+ without gear is scary on an enchanter.

Tassador
06-12-2015, 03:10 PM
Wood elf warrior would be tight and their hp compared to an ogre is not really that much of a difference fully buffed etc...

You want to be hardcore and see through walls and shit go GNOME. Think of the quick leveling and how easy it is to get small ring mail, bronze etc..

Pumped
06-12-2015, 03:12 PM
the secret to leveling is definitley small ringmail

lol

El Camacho
06-12-2015, 03:12 PM
Some days groups are easy to find, others times it isn't.

There is usually a group to be found or just start one with anyone looking for a group.

Hard to go wrong with enchanter though.

deathpanel
06-12-2015, 03:18 PM
solion in terms of best to worst

Bard>Enchanter>Necro>Mage>Druid>Wizard>Shaman > Cleric>Monk>Shadownknight/Ranger/Paladin (ties all good at soloing certian things), rogue/ warrior (tie for last)

Kergan
06-12-2015, 03:22 PM
Kinda threw your whole list out when I saw shaman listed as 2nd worst caster for solo'ing.

Tassador
06-12-2015, 03:26 PM
the secret to leveling is definitley small ringmail

lol

Ac is broken on this server at lower levels man. If you get small ringmail quick (the easiest to obtain) you are able to level quickly. My gnome warrior went from 6-32 in a week with full banded. Of course it was during the time that if you grouped with 5 players and killed a fire beetle you'd receive 15-20% exp towards next level. I went from 6-12 in 45 minutes with a Druid who power leveled us in Crushbone, then pk came and ruined that. But I was able to escape with only 3 pvp deaths and 4 exp deaths.

Kergan
06-12-2015, 03:32 PM
Protip: small races can utilize scarab armor from a Kaladim quest that has a plate texture to scare away PKers.

Recycled Children
06-12-2015, 03:41 PM
solion in terms of best to worst

Bard>Enchanter>Necro>Mage>Druid>Wizard>Shaman > Cleric>Monk>Shadownknight/Ranger/Paladin (ties all good at soloing certian things), rogue/ warrior (tie for last)

If you're talking about raw experience, yea bard is top of the list but farming they fall far behind other classes. They're capable sure but they can't dungeon crawl like an enchanter or necromancer.

Fame
06-12-2015, 03:41 PM
Protip: small races can utilize scarab armor from a Kaladim quest that has a plate texture to scare away PKers.

too far bro, next thing ya know you'll be tellin em about harmony on bank guards.. Oh:eek:

Qtip
06-12-2015, 03:57 PM
Both are good classes, also both take a little more skill then others in pvp. I went enchanter for my first character and had/having a blast. Cha gear is dirt cheap.
Get in a lowbie guild, find groups and check a couple different guides on the the spell caster subforum. If you roll enchanter and have any questions shoot me a pm or tell in game on Qtip.

El Camacho
06-12-2015, 06:03 PM
I just dont want to regret my decision later in the game. On blue I play a shaman, always wanted to try and caster.

Then don't really worry about leveling. It is crazy fast on red. Pick something you want to play end game and work with that. Groups will happen plenty enough.

Though they will happen a lot more as something like a cleric/shadow knight/paladin than most casters, but pick what interests you and how they might be different on red than blue.

Madbad
06-12-2015, 06:15 PM
Just roll a toon and play. Join up with a leveling guild ASAP and you will have no problems finding a group.

georgie
06-12-2015, 06:16 PM
Iksar shaman will be next after my chanter

B4EQWASCOOL
06-12-2015, 06:18 PM
Enchanter

Omnifiend
06-12-2015, 07:29 PM
Short answer? Doesn't matter. Now, for lowbie pvp, the necro is going to be better than the enchanter. If you decide to stick with it long term, that enchanter is going to be worlds better than that necro.