PDA

View Full Version : Steam Summer Sale.

Thulack
06-11-2015, 09:05 PM
I'm sure most of you already know but for the people that dont Steam is having their annual summer sale from june 11th to 21st. Daily deals(Change every 24 hours) and Flash sales(change every 12 hours). If you missed something on daily deal all daily deals will be for sale on the 21st again for a encore sale. Personally have 16 games in my wishlist that are 50ish% off now but hoping for better before end of sale.

FoxxHound
06-11-2015, 09:19 PM
Nice! Thanks dude.
I actually just bought Heroes of Might and Magic 3 HD for like 5$

Paleman
06-12-2015, 10:57 AM
Nice! Thanks dude.
I actually just bought Heroes of Might and Magic 3 HD for like 5$

should of bought the heroes complete on gog. the HD version on steam is fucked up.

Riotgirl
06-12-2015, 01:31 PM
Now I have a Win 8 laptop, a LOT of options that were denied due to previously being a fully paid up member of the Jobsian cult (360 aside).

On my 360:
Jade Empire - currently playing; SP:SoT 2/3rds through; ME2 8 hours in; RDR barely played. As for iOS, so many RPGs half-2/3rds through inc FFT:WoTL.

P99 means that no other games get a look in - except Japanese VNs. Even then, very few official English translations so waiting until Q4 for Clannad and Steins;Gate.

Don't even mention Planescape Torment! It's on my bucket list.

Not enough lifetimes to play all the ones I would like. P99 is a damn demanding mistress.

FoxxHound
06-12-2015, 01:51 PM
should of bought the heroes complete on gog. the HD version on steam is fucked up.

Yeah I was gonna get 1 and 2 on GoG. I already own 3 5 and 6. I hated 4, and never want to own that thing.

Pokesan
06-12-2015, 02:05 PM
I don't need to pay attention to this until the end, because encore sale has all the best deals from the entire sale all at once, right?

Paleman
06-12-2015, 02:41 PM
Yeah I was gonna get 1 and 2 on GoG. I already own 3 5 and 6. I hated 4, and never want to own that thing.

4 is pretty bad. I dislike the heroes HD port because it doesnt include the expansions, and its not really HD. there is a mod out for heroes 3 that makes it actually HD. also the complete version has a huge modding community ( people added new factions like pirates, alternate versions of existing factions and so on)

http://heroescommunity.com/forumdisplay.php3?FID=12

Riotgirl
06-12-2015, 06:58 PM
The reviews for Sakura Angels deliver:

"Picked Sakura Angels up on sale....

Spent more money on tissues than the game itself...

10/10 would tissues again."

Thulack
06-12-2015, 07:32 PM
Now I have a Win 8 laptop, a LOT of options that were denied due to previously being a fully paid up member of the Jobsian cult (360 aside).

On my 360:
Jade Empire - currently playing; SP:SoT 2/3rds through; ME2 8 hours in; RDR barely played. As for iOS, so many RPGs half-2/3rds through inc FFT:WoTL.

P99 means that no other games get a look in - except Japanese VNs. Even then, very few official English translations so waiting until Q4 for Clannad and Steins;Gate.

Don't even mention Planescape Torment! It's on my bucket list.

Not enough lifetimes to play all the ones I would like. P99 is a damn demanding mistress.

As someone whose only PC video game was EQ for basically 15 years(12 on live, 4 here(1 overlap)) i missed out on alot of random indie games over the years. I haven't actually logged into P99 for 2 months and havent really played fulltime in almost a year. My steam library is sitting at 20 games atm and at this rate i'm never going to end up coming back as i have more games to keep me occupied then i could imagine. I have like 15 games on my wishlist that i'm going to pickup over the sale too. Cant go wrong on games 75%+ off. 2 random ass games that i found to try are Rogue's Legacy(2.99) and Sir, You are being hunted (2.09). They look like some cheap fun.

Herp
06-12-2015, 07:39 PM
"sale"

Yeah okay, keep being mentally exploited you proletariats. Nice to know keeping games overpriced so you buy them during a sale is working as intended.

loramin
06-12-2015, 07:41 PM
"sale"

Yeah okay, keep being mentally exploited you proletariats. Nice to know keeping games overpriced so you buy them during a sale is working as intended.

Right, 'cause supporting the developers of the game you play is such a terrible sin :rolleyes:

Swish
06-12-2015, 07:49 PM
"Breakfast" was invented by cereal companies to make lots of money etc. You heard it here (and in the movie 'Kalifornia')... apply tinfoil.

Lojik
06-12-2015, 07:56 PM
"sale"

Overpriced is relative. Some games are on sale for 2-5 dollars that I've sunk way too much time into.

Paleman
06-12-2015, 08:09 PM
"sale"

ok poor guy. Sorry you dont have 30 dollars to spend on a game.

Deadmantis
06-12-2015, 08:58 PM
Steam sales are the only time I buy games. Bioshock 2 and Bioshock Infinite, Borderlands 2, Fallout 2 New Vegas, Skyrim.
All bought on Steam sales over the past few years for under 10 bucks.

http://i.imgur.com/ju1LMUl.png

HalflingWarrior
06-13-2015, 10:53 AM
"sale"

I'd call 75-85% off a AAA title a "sale" yes. As for new game pricing well, do you have any idea how much modern games cost to produce? Hint - now more than many Hollywood AAA films cost.

Champion_Standing
06-13-2015, 11:06 AM
"sale"

So wait...we should buy them at full price?

Doesn't waiting for a sale kinda communicate that you aren't willing to pay for overpriced games?

Confused plz advise.

Thulack
06-13-2015, 11:52 AM
"sale"

Damn man you should have told me that before i spent 2.99 on Rogue Legacy....I feel so exploited now :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Skittlez
06-13-2015, 01:59 PM
As someone whose only PC video game was EQ for basically 15 years(12 on live, 4 here(1 overlap)) i missed out on alot of random indie games over the years. I haven't actually logged into P99 for 2 months and havent really played fulltime in almost a year. My steam library is sitting at 20 games atm and at this rate i'm never going to end up coming back as i have more games to keep me occupied then i could imagine. I have like 15 games on my wishlist that i'm going to pickup over the sale too. Cant go wrong on games 75%+ off. 2 random ass games that i found to try are Rogue's Legacy(2.99) and Sir, You are being hunted (2.09). They look like some cheap fun.

Lol, my EQ addiction has transfered to DayZ, and my steam library is over 100 games. I've played maybe 20, beaten maybe 5, bahah.

KagatobLuvsAnimu
06-13-2015, 05:14 PM
Just make sure that you check out steamspy before you make any purchases. Bethesda is already trying to fuck people over by jacking the original prices of the games up before 'discounting' them. Also there was some shady shit with the GTA V bundle.

Thulack
06-13-2015, 05:57 PM
Just make sure that you check out steamspy before you make any purchases. Bethesda is already trying to fuck people over by jacking the original prices of the games up before 'discounting' them. Also there was some shady shit with the GTA V bundle.

For me personally there are no expensive games i want. All the ones on my wishlist are sub 10 dollar games thats i'm getting for 2-5 dollars a pop. Well i wouldnt mind picking up a semi recent CoD cause i miss my FPSers and not a huge fan of CSGO. But yeah there have been a few reports of some games retail being jacked up to make it look like more of a deal then it really is.

segreto
06-15-2015, 10:13 AM
I have been collecting everying D&D related during these sales. I have all the Baldur's Gate games, all the Icewind Dale games (all versions too), and have a few more to go. I paid $4.99 for each of them so far. I started going through the enhanced edition of Baldur's Gate, but got sidetracked with Space Hulk and now P99. Maybe when I'm retired I can finish them all again.

Thulack
06-15-2015, 03:13 PM
Games i've picked up so far:

Papers, Please
Sir, You are being Hunted
Rogue Legacy
Mount Your Friends
Bully:Scholarship Edition
How to Survive+DLC
Plants vs Zombies GoTY
Gauntlet
Cook, Serve, Delicious
I am Bread
Brothers
A 4 pack of ok looking games(Beep, Camera Obscura, Out There Somewhere, Polarity)

Got all of them for a total of 28 dollars. None less then 60% off. Most of them have seen people stream and thought were fun to give a try to and some just going by what i see in reviews and comments on other forums. Few for the kid too. But enough games to last me a lifetime and still have like 6 days of sales to go(and 13 games still in wishlist).

Chronoburn
06-15-2015, 04:29 PM
Personally pumped for this game.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/310080/

http://s3.amazonaws.com/digitaltrends-uploads-prod/2014/09/Hatoful-Boyfriend-screenshot-3.png

Riotgirl
06-15-2015, 04:30 PM
I did succumb and purchased one title: If My Heart Had Wings. I had to restrain the urge to also pick-up Sakura Angels.

FoxxHound
06-15-2015, 05:24 PM
Kinda sad Life is Strange is not on sale :/
Though there's tons of games I still need to get. So ehhh

KagatobLuvsAnimu
06-15-2015, 05:35 PM
Kinda sad Life is Strange is not on sale :/

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4dzwe84WD1rwd9qso1_500.gif

LoliPops
06-15-2015, 05:37 PM
http://new1.fjcdn.com/comments/4489507+_8c6dc40dcab7dc921f478cec07e3a372.jpg

Riotgirl
06-18-2015, 03:56 AM
Bought Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition, which will no doubt be put on the backburner halfway through. Aiming to finish this and get back to completing my backlog.

If My Heart Had Wings has excellent production values but .. hold on a goddamn minute, is censored? Waifu bewbs cut from this release!?

Motherf**ker! Now I have to fiddle around with the Restoration and Sweet Love patches just for waifu bewbs. Waifu bewbs I must have!

Manticmuse
06-18-2015, 09:21 AM
baldur's gate 2, divinity original sin, deus ex human revolution, morrowind, dont starve, left 4 dead 2, mgs 5 ground zeroes, middle earth shadow of mordor, rome total war 1 and 2, vampire the masquerade bloodlines, watch dogs...steam is quadding for max damage. every day i find myself saying, "Only 5-10 bucks...sure, why not?"

FoxxHound
06-18-2015, 02:20 PM
Was hoping Dark would go on sale >.<

Swish
06-18-2015, 02:58 PM
I've bought nothing this year, not a damn thing.

Everything is either good but not enough discount or really cheap because we all know it's terrible and maybe 1-2 hours of gaming at most.

Darkest Dungeon is probably the one thing I really want but its 10% off.... lol

Thulack
06-18-2015, 05:13 PM
I've bought nothing this year, not a damn thing.

Everything is either good but not enough discount or really cheap because we all know it's terrible and maybe 1-2 hours of gaming at most.

Darkest Dungeon is probably the one thing I really want but its 10% off.... lol

Seen plenty of sub $2 on sale games with tons of positive reviews from people with 100+ hours in on them. Well worth it to give a shot.

Here is a site to check out cheap games and see the ratings on them: https://steamdb.info/sales/?displayOnly=all&category=0&cc=us&merged=true