PDA

View Full Version : Merchants: OT Mob speed adjustment?

Adcid
06-11-2015, 08:04 PM
This morning I was kiting without any problems. The servers went down for a bit and now the Catus and chickens run as fast as selos without a drum. Is this intentional?

Valtiel
06-11-2015, 08:25 PM
Was just in TD and raptors were faster than before the patch too. Hoping it was a bug.

Lady Julae
06-11-2015, 08:28 PM
Maybe it's an intended "fix" to prevent bard swarm kiting? :)

Valtiel
06-11-2015, 08:31 PM
Now who would want to prevent such a thing. Also if everything is running at sow... only bards are safe.

Adcid
06-11-2015, 08:38 PM
Maybe it's an intended "fix" to prevent bard swarm kiting? :)

haters gonna hate

Valtiel
06-11-2015, 08:40 PM
Just checked raptors again, they either have a larger hitbox, or increased run speed, likely the latter. Can we get confirmation that the changes to run speed are bug or intended?

Kileras
06-11-2015, 08:45 PM
this is globally, burning woods, OT, everywhere. either they hot fixed strafe running or increased mob movement speed/hit boxes.

Lady Julae
06-11-2015, 08:59 PM
haters gonna hate

Who's hating?

bullproofmonk
06-11-2015, 09:06 PM
Noticing the same thing with WC guards. Can't outrun them by strafing, at all.

Bristlebard
06-11-2015, 09:20 PM
Something's goofy. I was just managing to land denon's on drolvargs in DL fine... but it may have been because because I was running at near-selo's speed with jboots as my only move-speed buff.

But after zoning, I was moving at jboot speed again, and I couldn't reproduce the seeming bug with some fiddling.

And yeah, then after I was moving at normal jboot speed I was getting caught by mobs most any time I wasn't running straight away from them.

Malevz
06-11-2015, 09:40 PM
This is big business for clerics. You get aggro from something much higher chance of dying. More rezzes to be sold. $$$

Kileras
06-11-2015, 10:00 PM
i would just like to know if this is an intended change or not?

Kender
06-11-2015, 10:03 PM
on live you used to be able to outrun mobs by jumping... until you ran out of stamina at least

Kahlid74
06-11-2015, 11:08 PM
on live you used to be able to outrun mobs by jumping... until you ran out of stamina at least

I loved the jump trick, was the last ditch effort.

If this is intended I feel for any non bard/druid/shaman. A lot of lower levels who don't have jboots or a pocket sow just got screwed. Seems like such a knee jerk thing to do. Why not focus on reducing the range of the lvl 18 AOE for bards and making it much more skill based.

Adcid
06-11-2015, 11:12 PM
Why not focus on reducing the range of the lvl 18 AOE for bards and making it much more skill based.

having the ability to do something doesn't make you good at it. A skilled bard will twist both 18 and level 2 songs until they get their 48 song. An unskilled bard may only pull a few mobs at a time and take much longer to kill them just trying to stay out of range of the attacks.

This "change" has made it much more difficult if not impossible to do at previous levels. It may be best to group from now on, that is, if a group will take us bards... :confused:

Madri
06-11-2015, 11:28 PM
having the ability to do something doesn't make you good at it. A skilled bard will twist both 18 and level 2 songs until they get their 48 song. An unskilled bard may only pull a few mobs at a time and take much longer to kill them just trying to stay out of range of the attacks.

This "change" has made it much more difficult if not impossible to do at previous levels. It may be best to group from now on, that is, if a group will take us bards... :confused:

If this fix was intended maybe it would be wise for them to remove class exp penalty as well.

Because i would like to see on the eq timeline where they changed this before luclin?

P.S. This was done because of certain bards not saying all of them, but some were being totally greedy in certain zones.

I remember Sirken saying something on one of the casts about it. This class is not played to it's full potential yet and once someone does get to that point will they nerf it again, is the real question?

Tann
06-11-2015, 11:31 PM
If this fix was intended maybe it would be wise for them to remove class exp penalty as well.

Because i would like to see on the eq timeline where they changed this before luclin?

could you outrun mobs w/out sow with strafe? at least i didn't know of this till i got to p99

Adcid
06-11-2015, 11:32 PM

I think the xp penalty is being removed with the expansion in August.

isn't the summoning post level 51 EQ's intended for the anti bard kiting initiative?

Malevz
06-11-2015, 11:40 PM
More than likely it's a bug with the patch, and likely not intended.

Edit: otherwise... sucks to be low level without sow/jboots.

Madri
06-11-2015, 11:46 PM
could you outrun mobs w/out sow with strafe? at least i didn't know of this till i got to p99

If you played a bard during the timeline yes you could it was eventually patched out.

If I remember correctly it was post Velious.

Tann
06-11-2015, 11:48 PM
If you played a bard during the timeline yes you could it was eventually patched out.

If I remember correctly it was post Velious.

I did =P

but I mostly swarm kited and grouped on live, never did this new wave hipster aoe kiting stuff.

Madri
06-12-2015, 12:06 AM
I did =P

but I mostly swarm kited and grouped on live, never did this new wave hipster aoe kiting stuff.

Yeah , the sad part is the bards DPS is terrible , they are a pure utility class. This ability to use these utilities makes them strong at doing a number of things other than melee. But because this game is a such a grind fest people will take a chanter/monk/rogue over a bard for the fact of exp penalties.This goes for other hybrids as well.

Post-Velious patch changes this yes.... but this change to run speed effects not only bards but every class, hurting those even more without run speed spells or effects..

Tann
06-12-2015, 12:29 AM
Yeah , the sad part is the bards DPS is terrible , they are a pure utility class. This ability to use these utilities makes them strong at doing a number of things other than melee. But because this game is a such a grind fest people will take a chanter/monk/rogue over a bard for the fact of exp penalties.This goes for other hybrids as well.

Post-Velious patch changes this yes.... but this change to run speed effects not only bards but every class, hurting those even more without run speed spells or effects..

that's quite sad, the mentality back in this era on live was that a good bard increased the groups efficiency/dps beyond that of having another dps instead, heck groups often had an enc (w/out the OP charmed pets) and a bard for some amazing groupage.

/backinmyday

Adcid
06-12-2015, 01:08 AM
that's quite sad, the mentality back in this era on live was that a good bard increased the groups efficiency/dps beyond that of having another dps instead, heck groups often had an enc (w/out the OP charmed pets) and a bard for some amazing groupage.

/backinmyday

I went LFG in /ooc today and got laughed at... true story.

Valtiel
06-12-2015, 01:12 AM
I pretty much solo when I can't find a group, which is often. Haynar said this may be unintentional, so they are looking at it though:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1933582&postcount=17

Rooj
06-12-2015, 03:44 AM
Yep something definitely wrong with movement. Today after patch I was quadding bloodgills in LOIO and they weren't always running at their normal speed. Also very frequently after rounding them up, I run off ahead and start to quad-snare, I turn around and 1 goblin is directly on top of me and the other 3 are about where they should be. This happened many times.

Malevz
06-12-2015, 08:56 AM
For every hour this is broken I will kill one gnome, and film myself making sweet love to an ogre, and send it to GM's

Adcid
06-12-2015, 10:42 AM
ate it this morning to a tiger in OT that ran faster than selos without a drum, even tried to strafe away from it with selos, no go. I couldn't even land my snare.

Valtiel
06-12-2015, 06:55 PM
After spending 9 hours today LFG as a bard, with 0 groups, fingers crossed it gets fixed soon.

Madri
06-12-2015, 07:08 PM
After spending 9 hours today LFG as a bard, with 0 groups, fingers crossed it gets fixed soon.

This is the reality bards will face.

Bards need to learn to play nice, call out pulls... tell others they can strip mobs if needed and not pull near or over groups.

If these rules were followed , this patch wouldn't have been an issue.

P.S. I play a bard as well , before you all get offended, just stating the painful truth.

Valtiel
06-12-2015, 07:19 PM
This is the reality bards will face.

Bards need to learn to play nice, call out pulls... tell others they can strip mobs if needed and not pull near or over groups.

P.S. I play a bard as well , before you all get offended, just stating the painful truth.

Not offended at all. I grouped til 34, when I stopped being able to get them. I did OT on red during times when there was max 1-2 other people in zone. I then did spirocs which were empty entirely. I agree with what you're saying, but:

1. I can say 100% I've personally never interfered with exp by pulling too many mobs and
2. On red we're not as densely populated, so it's not as much of an issue.

Adcid
06-12-2015, 08:08 PM

I think you're confusing politeness with functionality. I don't call out pulls, but I also don't pull so many mobs to my swam that groups in the zone complain about not finding anything.

The functionality was lost with the mix up making it more difficult to kite. It gives a much needed break to some zones but also causes many bards to sit LFG or jump onto other characters.

Madri
06-12-2015, 08:26 PM
I think you're confusing politeness with functionality. I don't call out pulls, but I also don't pull so many mobs to my swam that groups in the zone complain about not finding anything.

The functionality was lost with the mix up making it more difficult to kite. It gives a much needed break to some zones but also causes many bards to sit LFG or jump onto other characters.

Thought this server had a play nice policy? That in my book would include politeness.

Enough about that.

This patch was and I know the devs won't come right out and say it , but a way to like you said "It gives a much needed break to some zones but also causes many bards to sit LFG or jump onto other characters."

I also think it was a way to let the bards know that the recent disrespect of other players while these bards were kiting during double exp weekend will not be tolerated and it can be taken away just as easy. Just because you can do something does not mean you have to be a total asshat/greedy f**k to other players while doing it.

P.S. Like i said before not everyone is this way, but the few that are ruin it for others.

Haynar
06-12-2015, 08:33 PM
The speed changes were unintended. I spent 4 hrs getting issues straightened out in the code. You are now at Rogean's mercy for a patch.

H

Madri
06-12-2015, 08:35 PM
The speed changes were unintended. I spent 4 hrs getting issues straightened out in the code. You are now at Rogean's mercy for a patch.

H

Okay, well this disproves my argument.

Not posting anymore ;)

Haynar
06-12-2015, 09:32 PM
Okay, well this disproves my argument.

Not posting anymore ;)
Don't worry. When we nerf bards, it will be more obvious.

H

Itap
06-12-2015, 09:34 PM

H

HAYNARED

Valtiel
06-12-2015, 09:40 PM

H

Bless you Haynar. You're on the christmas card list now.

Baler
06-12-2015, 11:44 PM

H
This is by far the best thing I've read on these forums.

Thank you Haynar for allowing the the public to know it was unintentional.

Kahlid74
06-13-2015, 08:06 AM

H

Being new to Project 1999 how soon have you historically deployed a patch to something like this? Does something breaking a section of game call for a faster deployment or does the stability and greater good for all push something like this to the next more scheduled maintenance window?

Thanks for the hard work and quick response Haynar.

Duff73
06-13-2015, 11:25 AM

H

Haynar have you guys looked at the dot tick changes while we're talking about bards? I can't move through my normal 4 song rotation since the change. All songs seem to be 1 tick short now as I assume they are coded like "dots".

Any help would be appreciated.

Madri
06-13-2015, 12:32 PM
Haynar have you guys looked at the dot tick changes while we're talking about bards? I can't move through my normal 4 song rotation since the change. All songs seem to be 1 tick short now as I assume they are coded like "dots".

This i noticed as well, but just kinda threw it aside. I usually twist 4 songs , two hastes , dot/resist buff , regen line. I will test it more today.

Xaanka
06-13-2015, 07:36 PM
Yeah, bard offensive songs are also not ticking for the correct amount of time... Current state of things for a bard is that swarm kiting is broken, fear kiting is broken, charm kiting is broken, and nobody will group with us outside of endgame. Fun.

Adcid
06-13-2015, 08:53 PM
Yeah, bard offensive songs are also not ticking for the correct amount of time... Current state of things for a bard is that swarm kiting is broken, fear kiting is broken, charm kiting is broken, and nobody will group with us outside of endgame. Fun.

And somehow, none of my instruments are able to play sad country songs!

RyoGTO
06-14-2015, 05:56 PM
This needs to be fixed. Fast. Running from mobs right now is impossible. I have a few low level corpses that shouldn't exist right now. GL trying to do a CR without invis. And Pulling without sow? GG

Haynar
06-14-2015, 07:11 PM

I am not sure what was done to fix the dots. But it could be the cause of bard songs being short now. I will try to look at it later tonight if I get a chance.

Haynar

Duff73
06-14-2015, 07:15 PM
I am not sure what was done to fix the dots. But it could be the cause of bard songs being short now. I will try to look at it later tonight if I get a chance.

Haynar

Thanks again H you go above and beyond as always.

Xaanka
06-14-2015, 07:18 PM

Haynar

You're the best :cool:

Haynar
06-14-2015, 07:49 PM
Yes, bard songs were broken with the patch. Kanras' selectively applied the +1 bonus tic, which breaks bards.

I will try to fix it, but he will just undo my changes if he doesn't agree.

H

Xaanka
06-14-2015, 08:31 PM
Yes, bard songs were broken with the patch. Kanras' selectively applied the +1 bonus tic, which breaks bards.

I will try to fix it, but he will just undo my changes if he doesn't agree.

H

Make sure you're aware it's all offensive bard songs affected, not just our DoT's. Mez charm slow etc are broken currently. They're borderline unusable, definitely not how it was in classic so I have no idea why he would revert your changes..

Itap
06-14-2015, 09:28 PM
Bards crying in a thread about unfairness, oh sweet irony

Xaanka
06-14-2015, 09:32 PM

<-- does not swarm kite, just wishes to keep the game a somewhat accurate repsesentation of classic

Adcid
06-15-2015, 12:04 AM
<-- does not swarm kite, just wishes to keep the game a somewhat accurate repsesentation of classic

<-- does swarm kite while LFG. Even teams up with others LFG and sometimes joins groups just to swarm for them.

Its not just about swarm kiting, although that is the main function that was made difficult my changes to the mobs run speed and hit box increase. Song duration, resists, and overall class function has been limited in addition.

Developers said the fix is coming, we are just waiting for the server push to see what was all fixed

Xaanka
06-15-2015, 08:01 AM
Wizard quad kiting, Druid quad kiting is also confirmed broken in almost every zone.

Kahlid74
06-15-2015, 12:11 PM

For me, it's more that it makes part of the game really tough to play. I LFG/group as much as I can but if I have no prospects (7-10 am CST), I don't mind swarm kiting for some money and exps. I OOC when I am swarm kiting and I am very aggressive in talking to people if an issue arises, I am taking too many mobs or people want to pull from my trains.

Everyone has different perspectives. Not even bard you meet is a jerk who wants to make your experience playing EQ suck.