PDA

View Full Version : Druids/Wizards get in here

Itap
06-11-2015, 04:02 PM
So I've been leveling a druid lately and just got 34. I charmed from 14-34 and decided to try quading. I know charming is the faster route, but damn is quading fun! Plus it leaves me lots of time to Forumquest and do other tasks around the house in between pulls.

Right now, I'm quading the 4 guards in North Karana (2 at the tower, and 2 at the bridge). I know of the Pirates in FV, but are there any other spots that are available in this level range (except OT). I'm looking for camps until 44ish when I will attempt bloodgills.

Man0warr
06-11-2015, 04:10 PM
Dwarf Commoners in BBM are good too.

Personally for me, pirates/drolvargs in FV was easily the best exp from 34-40ish. Mainly because you don't have to go far to find 4 mobs to quad and they respawn quickly.

mefdinkins
06-11-2015, 04:13 PM
Taken from the guide I did a while back:
http://wiki.project1999.com/Druid_Leveling_and_Item_Hunting_Guide_by_Mefdinkin s#Level_30_-_45

Level 30 - 45

32 - 37 Frontier Mountains: Giant Fortress, root/rotting at first, then quadding when mana permits, probably post 34.
Item Alert Forest Loop - Ear, 2 Armor, 3 Wisdom, 3 Agility, 3 Dexterity. These are somewhat rare but drop off of Mountain Giants throughout the zone if you stay long enough you can fill both ear slots with great druid items.
35 - 38 Upper Guk: Ancient Croc Camp, this camp is a little more dangerous but you can use charm animals.
Item Alert Gatorscale Leggings - Legs, 7 armor, 4 Wisdom, 15 HP.
35 - 42 Firiona Vie: Quadding Drolvargs and Pirates in the cliffs.
36 - 45 The Overthere: Quadding everything near the FM zoneline. The OT is also a great place to charm kill animals.
42 - 45 Emerald Jungle: Can charm kite some of the trakaraptors and gorillas.
Epic Alert - Be sure to check track for a Tainted Gorilla, killing it will spawn a Corrupted Gorilla and allow you to loot Green Tree Bark, this guy will be hard to kill at this level so you may need to get a few animals to charm and help beat it up.
40 - 45 Rathe Mountains: Killing hill giants, generally root rotting, possibly quadding if mana permits.
Epic Alert - Be sure to check track for Tainted Hill Giant, killing it will spawn a Corrupted Hill Giant and will allow you to loot an Ancient Rock for epic.
[edit] Level 45 - 55

43 – 46 Butcherblock: Camped the dwarves in BB. I put this in because it is a definite option however, be weary there are faction hits. Note: the faction hit will not interfere with your ability to do the portion of the epic quest in Kaladim.
46 - 51 Lake of Ill Omen: Quadding Bloodgills
Epic Alert - Check track for tainted Deepwater Barracuda to spawn the Corrupted Deepwater Barracuda to receive Pure Lakewater
47 - 54 Dreadlands: Quadding everything outside the North or East wall of Karnor's Castle.
49 - 53 Timorous Deep: Quadding Aviaks, great XP not great loot
49 - 54 Ocean of Tears: Quadding or Root/rotting seafuries. This is great plat but not the best XP available.
Epic Alert - Be sure to keep your eye out for a Tainted Seafury, this will be hard for you to solo but the other people camping the island will prefer to have the Tainted Seafury out of the way and they may help you kill it, it will spawn the Corrupted Seafury and you’ll have another piece towards your epic
49 - 54 City of Mist: Root Rotting

Itap
06-11-2015, 04:20 PM
Dwarf Commoners in BBM are good too.

Personally for me, pirates/drolvargs in FV was easily the best exp from 34-40ish. Mainly because you don't have to go far to find 4 mobs to quad and they respawn quickly.

I do like this camp, as the rogues have low HP, there just seems to be a lot of competition whenever I go there

LGraves
06-11-2015, 07:17 PM
Drolvargs in FV till 42 I think? I did this till they started greening out and the bards showed up swarm kiting the area. Then I went to the 3 camp in BB (Den and friends) till 45.

Now at 45 and trying to find a spot. Soloing is good exp, but it is crazy boring for me.

I have been following mefdinkins guide. But you have to get creative as alot of what is listed is pretty much camped/taken. If you don't get there earlier in the day.

-Corros

Fuddwin
06-11-2015, 07:19 PM
Bloodgills at 42ish iirc... Lumi staff ftw....

Man0warr
06-11-2015, 07:19 PM
Can't click Lumi Staff until 46.

Waedawen
06-11-2015, 09:21 PM
OOT Spectres. Halflings.

You're welcome.

stavio
06-11-2015, 09:28 PM

This was my favorite camp on my druid, I stayed until the harder drolvargs stopped giving xp. Loot sucks, but man such a great spot for xp. Can even get free kills by picking off the other NPC's that fight each other. Bind on ledge, port to wc, run to tunnels get breeze/clarity, gate, quad 4-5 times, rinse and repeat. p.s. tip your enchanters ;)

100percentanon
06-11-2015, 09:29 PM
Do people still do hafling guards?

stavio
06-11-2015, 09:37 PM
Do people still do hafling guards?

I Port into Misty Thicket every so often, there is almost always atleast a necro doing the guards, alot of times there is 2.

Itap
06-11-2015, 10:22 PM
Drolvargs in FV till 42 I think? I did this till they started greening out and the bards showed up swarm kiting the area. Then I went to the 3 camp in BB (Den and friends) till 45.

Now at 45 and trying to find a spot. Soloing is good exp, but it is crazy boring for me.

I have been following mefdinkins guide. But you have to get creative as alot of what is listed is pretty much camped/taken. If you don't get there earlier in the day.

-Corros

I've read the guides also, and have run into the same problem. I was hoping to find perhaps a relatively uncamped area (kind of like the guards in NK) but I know how secretive people can be about their spots

Caridry
06-11-2015, 10:32 PM
there just seems to be a lot of competition whenever I go there

oh... just you wait.

fishingme
06-12-2015, 11:08 AM
I'll tell you the route that i did on my wizard. I found that it was incredibly difficult/hard to do any quadding under 34. So, at 34, do pirates and the drolvargs in FV until 44(iirc) then switch to bloodgills until 50-51, then the birds in TD until 53, (I don't know if raptors in TD were fixed yet, they ran faster than sow speed like like the entire damn year i was leveling my wizard, so if they are fixed you can start raptors at 53), 53-56/57 do the ravishing drolvargs, the same ones that spawn in front of karnors castle, i don't recall their exact names but there's 4 in front of KC and like 6 behind KC. 57-60 pray.

Man0warr
06-12-2015, 11:12 AM
56-60 as a Wizard you should try to get in Chardok AE, or just give up.

Kowalski
06-12-2015, 11:16 AM
Drolvargs in FV. NE corner of FV near the zone, there is a cleared out space past the tree line that is perfect for solo pulling/charm kiting/swarm kiting/etc. I think I did this and Charm kiting in OT till about 44. After that I went to EJ to Charm kite tigers/gorillas, etc. Plus you can always jump into a CoM group while you're in that area.

Tuljin
06-12-2015, 11:54 AM
Lol I love how absolutely rattled this server is when it comes to lvling a Wiz to 60 without Game Genie. Quadding greens is the best anybody can come up with rofl.

Lojik
06-12-2015, 12:01 PM
Lol I love how absolutely rattled this server is when it comes to lvling a Wiz to 60 without Game Genie. Quadding greens is the best anybody can come up with rofl.

Kaladim bonechips 55-60

Itap
06-12-2015, 04:40 PM
FV pirates and dogs is a sweet spot, only problem is there were 2 other wizards there when I last went. It may be easier to compete with the bards in OT lol

Vexenu
06-13-2015, 09:50 AM
You can quad Yetis in DL during the low 40s stretch between NK guards and Bloodgills.

gildor
06-14-2015, 08:32 AM
You can quad yetis in DL from about 37 on :)

Don't forget Oggok folks, about 39+ is good xp on the fat ogres and they drop loads of fine steel, sometimes 2 per mob!

Itap
06-14-2015, 09:12 AM
You can quad yetis in DL from about 37 on :)

Don't forget Oggok folks, about 39+ is good xp on the fat ogres and they drop loads of fine steel, sometimes 2 per mob!

any more info on Oggok? Are we talking the bouners that patrol inside the city? Or the ones outside the city in feerrott?

gildor
06-14-2015, 09:40 AM
http://i62.tinypic.com/2qurnkh.jpg

So the red stars are where bouncers are...the two on top of the tower near the entrance are for pull number 2..my paint skills suck, but the green swirl is the path I take to kite them..

It is great xp, I can get 2 kites in usually before the bouncers start respawning

Itap
06-14-2015, 09:58 AM
http://i62.tinypic.com/2qurnkh.jpg

So the red stars are where bouncers are...the two on top of the tower near the entrance are for pull number 2..my paint skills suck, but the green swirl is the path I take to kite them..

It is great xp, I can get 2 kites in usually before the bouncers start respawning

Nice, thank you for the map! Best way is to quad them?

gildor
06-14-2015, 10:05 AM
yeah I am a druid and do not know wizard at all so if you are druid just pull with ensnare

the kite area has some funky pathing that can get you a second lightning strike off before having to move, I will let you figure that one out ;)

Clark
06-15-2015, 04:44 AM
46+ Lumin Staff + DL :)

OT good before that

jstnhickey
06-15-2015, 06:12 PM
I'm stuck at 51. Spirocs are mostly green 1 maybe 2% a quad.
Only ravishing dogs and some yetis and raving dogs are blue in dl and there's rarely enough bluea to quad. Ravishing also make me oom.
What else is there?

Madbad
06-15-2015, 06:15 PM
If you don't have a lumi stay old world as long as possible, lower HP mobs.

LGraves
06-15-2015, 06:34 PM
I went to investigate Spirocs TD today. It was heavily camped and that area is so small. I don't see how anyone can exp there. Bloodgills started to green out for me (just hit 48) so I went there. I didn't do bloodgills on live..at 46-47 it was awesome exp..until people come ;)

Trying to find a new spot. Or a place to group up at. Looking forward to KC and Seb, but know druids aren't that wanted in those dungeons.

-Corros

Madbad
06-15-2015, 06:38 PM
Back like 2 years ago when I still did blue I was able to camp Spirocs pretty consistently as long as it was off peak. Once it hits peak Spirocs is a shitshow.

thewrush
06-16-2015, 09:53 AM

Where would you go then? Dungeons aren't wizard friendly. Groups don't invite inefficient spell damage classes. I'm surprised no one has mentioned Skyfire yet... I remember dinging 60 (on Stromm Progression server though) just killing singles near the Wiz evac. Sounds painfully slow, but anything is better than nothing. I believe it was 1% a kill for just various wyverns and chromadracs(maybe).

Tuljin
06-16-2015, 11:04 AM
Groups won't invite Wizards, you have to put them together yourself. Same with Druids. Theres way more to EQ than DPS despite the bluebie broscience floating around, and Wizards are not Rogues, contrary to popular belief.

Dungeons aren't just "not Wizard friendly," they're not "anybody" friendly. The dungeons are difficult and unforgiving unless you go into faceroll mode, which is the only way people know how to play after four years of Kunark twinks. Players on this server can't even handle KC without wiping regularly, and theres a minimal number of caster mobs as well as not a whole hell of a lot of dangerous pulls. The only people in HS are good soloers and some other duo/trio crews, anybody else who tries it needs a mini-raid to (barely) survive or they just don't even go (apart from the HTs its really not that hard...omg I can't facetrainpull in this zone /q)

Chef and Disco camps in Seb can barely be held down because players on this server are absolutely rattled by caster mobs and have no idea how to pull them. The current RnF Bard thread is a great example - - since when did Bards not get groups? They're one of the best pulling classes.

If you sit around at NG you will see a comical number of CRs coming up to zoneline if you really sit around and watch. Crypt is always held because the groups fill due to the money loots (though Chef and Disco also have money loots, but thats a different story...) and also Crypt is an easy camp with no casters and easy splits.

Nobody does the Hole because its dangerous and everybody is rattled. Its difficult to pull but if you know what you're doing you can pull and traverse the zone safely from the zoneline through the city and to the undeads (on a Wizard btw) There are great drops throughout the zone. The XP gets slow as you get higher in the 50s but if you stick to the undeads at the bottom that problem fixes itself.

Before Chardok AOE was an RMT machine there was a small fraction of the 60 Wizards that are currently on the server. Druid is the most popular class yet has by far the smallest percentage of level 60s (there's no benefit to lvling multiple Druids to park them at raid targets, unlike Wizards)

This gap in people in people making it to 60 directly correlates to the difficulty in making it from 55-60. The Ravishing Drolvargs turn light blue, and pretty much everything else does as well. Not knowing how to play in a group in EQ has less to do with the specific class and more to do with a lack of understanding of how the game works and how to contribute. This is why we get Bards who can't group because all they do is swarm kite (excellent grouping class) Necros who can't group cause they only solo and never really get a chance from anybody (excellent grouping class) Druids who can't group because they only quad and are pariah when it comes to group (excellent grouping class, group regen and Superior Heal are plenty if you're not sloppy and eating Ice Comets and Conflagrations regularly - this requires slightly more effort than facerolling the keyboard, however)

In any decent group the XP bar will move faster than singling mobs or quadding greens, I promise. You will also get to roll on drops. The caveat is that you have to put it together yourself and know how to play in a dungeon optimally. This is a lot of ask of anybody on any class. There are lots of things both Wizards and Druids can do to keep the XP bar moving and "make plays" that cannot be measured in spreadsheet DPS calculations and other bogus psuedo-science that neckbeards try to pass off as worthy of publication in scientific journals. Clerics can be complete nubs and easy ride their way right on up to 60 sitting on their ass and clicking CH while every poor enchanter on the server has to do all the damn work for everybody (which is why most of the good ones just solo) Some classes just take a bit more work to get to 60, and Wizards and Druids are both included in this group.

LGraves
06-16-2015, 11:46 AM
Good post. I agree 100%.

I know this isn't live but i used to love doing Sebilis as a druid. This is also why i never liked to solo... it makes you rusty and takes you away from the end goal. Atleast mine... Raiding and grouping up for harder dungeons. Anyone can quad kite.

Kileras
06-16-2015, 12:56 PM
please, and i don't mean this negatively, educate me on why bards are the best pulling class?

There is ALWAYS a monk available on this server, and i would take FD/mend over a bard any time. Failed lull on a bard and you eat a death. sure i can slow one of em, mezz one, and stagger the pull..... But a FD off and reset is almost always faster/easier in my opinion.

Tuljin
06-16-2015, 01:17 PM
since when did Bards not get groups? They're one of the best pulling classes.

Bards are -one of the best- pull classes. They can calm and they can also pet mobs, though only for a few ticks at a time. Good Bards use their charm song as a form of CC as well as calming mobs. Any class can crit resist on a calm and it can be a nightmare (especially the Chef room itself which is full of tough mobs) but its not the end of the world. A trick that requires a bit more effort than facerolling the keyboard is a healer casting a very fast heal spell on the person that failed the calm in order to get heal agro. When the mobs enter camp and go after the healer, its up to the group to mitigate the flow of mobs.

If you have a good cleric (ha) he will cast a fast heal to grab heal agro right away then pop a DA while the Enchanter AOE mezs the mobs, or if no enchanter the rest of the group will work together to root split and prioritize which mob gets hit first. A Paladin is also excellent for this - he can cast a fast heal, get the heal agro, and start rooting off mobs while tanking them or pop a DA if necessary. Most failed lulls will pull maximum 4 mobs, depending on what room you're calming (hence why calming the Chef room itself is dangerous, because it has tons of mobs in it) There is always a risk involved with calming mobs and casters are far more dangerous to deal with than melees.

The issue with FD is that since a patch a couple years ago casters finish their cast even after you feign. In Sebilis Chef and Disco camps you have several spawns that are all casters and a Monk very quickly dies when trying to split up some of the bad pulls. Clerics are completely rattled to get any type of heal agro and if you're not careful you will heal and have a mess of mobs on you, and nobody in the group really knows how to deal with it.

Wizard is good because at high level you get Fetter which is insanely OP and excellent for rooting mobs out of line-of-sight. Line-of-sight rooting with Fetter is for all intents and purposes as effective as mezzing a mob. You can also stun out one of the casters casting on a split to interrupt his spell to minimize the number of spells cast by the enemy mobs. The other thing with Wizard is you can tag from afar and round corners very quickly. Wizard has excellent resist gear as well as the +30 elemental only self buff. If you have high fire,magic, and cold saves as well as levels you don't have much to be afraid of. A Monk may be wearing a Tranix crown, but its tough to get your Cold and Fire saves up as well as your Magic saves, and Shaman and Wizard mobs spam strong elemental nukes. One volley of elemental spells from two mobs can easily do over 1k in damage. Also, the Monk runs the risk of eating a slow spell from a Shaman mob, which at high levels can last as long as 10 minutes, which is not good at all.

The effectiveness of FD drops dramatically when casters are involved. Calming has its risks but with good players and a good group a critical calm resist is far from the end of the world. The server has become very used to FD melee mobs and tank n' spank mentality, hence KC is completely packed all the time and at any time of day no matter how packed Seb is Chef or Disco is open...and if its not open it will open up soon =) The "agro with a fast heal" tactic is also a far cry from EQ 101

thewrush
06-16-2015, 02:32 PM
I was wrong about the Stromm server. The progression server I played was The Combine which merged with Druzzil Ro which merged with Xegony in the end.

When I said dungeons aren't wizard friendly I meant groupwise they don't get invited. Bascially when I do get invited I'm the 6th aka last spot filler. That and the rare occasion the group wants free ports when we leave...

Lojik
06-16-2015, 02:52 PM
Lots of words

All that and no mention of manasink? For shame

kaev
06-16-2015, 05:38 PM
The "agro with a fast heal" tactic is also a far cry from EQ 101

Seriously? So EQ 101 is "press auto-attack, and oh yeah somebody oughta heal the tank"? A cleric (or paladin) who hasn't learned to do shit like grabbing agro from opposite side of room on incoming to make AE mez trivial for the enchanter might as well be a 'bot. Not understanding this before you ever set foot in Seb is just :boggle:. Hell it's a damned handy tactic in KC, with the competition for mobs there you really want your puller to just train the group.

Tuljin
06-16-2015, 05:50 PM
All that and no mention of manasink? For shame

Lol too much writing sorry!! Manasink is tite and nobody even really knows about it - also forgot to specifically mention Flux Staff but that goes without saying =P 250dmg spell absorb and it only costs a jasper

A cleric (or paladin) who hasn't learned to do shit like grabbing agro from opposite side of room on incoming to make AE mez trivial for the enchanter might as well be a 'bot. Not understanding this before you ever set foot in Seb is just :boggle:

You'd be surprised dude I've seen all kinds of horrors playing PUGs on Warrior...also its amazing how many Druids in KC don't know about Harmony