PDA

View Full Version : PSA: IP exemption and sitting at character select

Aussie
06-11-2015, 01:38 AM
I want to bring this up so everyone has fair notice that we are going to start enforcing this from now on.

If you have an IP exemption, it is to allow multiple players to play on our servers together.

It's not so you can have a 2nd client open on your PC, sitting at character select ready to log-in. This is a common practice on red, as people plug the first client and then immediately log in the one sitting at character select.

That's an unfair advantage to those who do not have IP exemptions, and is abusing your IP exemption. Going forward we will be talking to those found doing so, and if you continue to abuse the exemption they will be removed and you may face punishment.

Oooruk
06-11-2015, 01:46 AM
Heavy Pras

lite
06-11-2015, 01:51 AM
!

georgie
06-11-2015, 01:53 AM
we need to kick players out of game faster, so its easier to log in

Oooruk
06-11-2015, 01:54 AM
we need to kick players out of game faster, so its easier to log in
We need to ban people who plug.

Recycled Children
06-11-2015, 03:43 AM
Boxing was classic though.

georgie
06-11-2015, 04:02 AM
so was a monthly fee

Farzo
06-11-2015, 04:16 AM
Pras.

Farzo
06-11-2015, 04:16 AM
God I luv the hard stances Aussies take.

Rekrul
06-11-2015, 04:20 AM
server will never be classic, will never be over 350 shitheads logging on, will be hardly anyone logging on a year from now

Kaahbal
06-11-2015, 04:21 AM
Boot clients at char select more than 1 minute.

Profit.

Lev_Mer
06-11-2015, 04:57 AM
Pras Psa

georgie
06-11-2015, 05:11 AM
I don't think you understand how live does not translate to this server.

Bazia
06-11-2015, 05:28 AM
* As close to classic as possible without being complete dogshit

Oooruk
06-11-2015, 05:30 AM
I don't think you understand how live does not translate to this server.

I don't think you understand what the rest of us understand.

Agatha
06-11-2015, 05:41 AM
this actually effects me and jupe heavily, when we feel like we are about to pass out, we emergency camp, and we camp and end out passing out at our desk.

not 5 minutes ago, i tried to log into an account, and not all my of my accounts have ip exemptions, so i couldn't, i first thought someone was on my account, but nope go into my brothers room and he is passed out at his desk with thumperx at char select.

another example, my brother plays diablo 3, and keeps a character at character select depending what i need, like a porter if im porting around places he camps in and out, and tabs back and forth between diablo 3 and EQ.

so yea, those are my concerns.

Oooruk
06-11-2015, 05:53 AM
this actually effects me and jupe heavily, when we feel like we are about to pass out, we emergency camp, and we camp and end out passing out at our desk.

not 5 minutes ago, i tried to log into an account, and not all my of my accounts have ip exemptions, so i couldn't, i first thought someone was on my account, but nope go into my brothers room and he is passed out at his desk with thumperx at char select.

another example, my brother plays diablo 3, and keeps a character at character select depending what i need, like a porter if im porting around places he camps in and out, and tabs back and forth between diablo 3 and EQ.

so yea, those are my concerns.

Survival of the fittest. Adapt or die.

MaSQue
06-11-2015, 06:04 AM
pras

Aussie
06-11-2015, 06:10 AM
this actually effects me and jupe heavily

I read your post three times Agatha, and no I don't see how this will effect you two.

It's not so you can have a 2nd client open on your PC

What you described is fine, as it's two separate PC's / Persons.

Clark
06-11-2015, 06:10 AM
I want to bring this up so everyone has fair notice that we are going to start enforcing this from now on.

If you have an IP exemption, it is to allow multiple players to play on our servers together.

It's not so you can have a 2nd client open on your PC, sitting at character select ready to log-in. This is a common practice on red, as people plug the first client and then immediately log in the one sitting at character select.

That's an unfair advantage to those who do not have IP exemptions, and is abusing your IP exemption. Going forward we will be talking to those found doing so, and if you continue to abuse the exemption they will be removed and you may face punishment.

FINALLY. I was the very first person on this server to start addressing this publicly; am thrilled to see you guys do it as well. Remove the IP exemptions if people are caught doing this.

One of the first scumbags to start doing this was Jeremy (quido) I caught him doing it on blue99 when he was streaming 2 years ago. His exemption was removed, but pretty she he cried nonstop and got it reinstated which shouldn't have ever been allowed. He doesn't have a girlfriend, doesn't have any irl friends, can't play sports irl, and loves Bob Dylan music more than anything. No chance of anyone playing with him irl.

Please enforce this on both servers as it is an issue on blue too thanks. Can imagine how it's even more impactful on red.

SOOOO many dirty IP exemptions for this exact reason. Thank you so much make this will make a more legitimate and fair server for everyone.

Clark
06-11-2015, 06:12 AM
Boot clients at char select more than 1 minute.

Profit.

Please do this as well.

Agatha
06-11-2015, 07:35 AM
I read your post three times Agatha, and no I don't see how this will effect you two.

What you described is fine, as it's two separate PC's / Persons.

ah ok, thanks for clearing that up.

Doors
06-11-2015, 07:52 AM
Thank you for cracking down on the boxing shit.

TacoSmasher
06-11-2015, 08:02 AM
ah ok, thanks for clearing that up.

agatha is two boxing scum who repeatedly abused this. why arent we banning rule breaking players that are cancer for this community. not sure where this "brother" came from but i remeber you specifically mentioning you were an only child on good guys TS the other week.

agatha instructed me and several other guildies to get ip exemptions for our multiple accounts so we can a use this method described in OP to more effectively zerg empire. it seemed questionable and i am a player with integrity so i did not follow his instructions.

Agatha
06-11-2015, 08:08 AM
haha complete fabrications, infact i do the exact opposite, anyone caught cheating within <Good Guys> will be kicked and they can go app to <Empire>

TacoSmasher
06-11-2015, 08:11 AM
haha complete fabrications, infact i do the exact opposite, anyone caught cheating within <Good Guys> will be kicked and they can go app to <Empire>

naw ive got TS recordings ive already submitted to petition forums regarding this as well as good guys leadership providing instructions for modifying game files to change skeleton models into humans.

looking forward to the banwave that is going to hit good guys leadership for being cheating scumlords.

Boeing B-29 Superfortress
06-11-2015, 08:13 AM
This was against the rules in classic. Not sure why it stopped getting enforced. Reminds me of most rules.

Stasis01
06-11-2015, 08:36 AM
I really need to learn how to box like everyone else, VPN and shit or whatever.

Sucks that I would have to lower my moral character (from white knight) to level the playing field with the greaseballs who compete here.

Res's/ports/buffs/camping shit I mean the advantage is just redic.

Swish
06-11-2015, 08:45 AM
clean whistles ONLY

Uuruk
06-11-2015, 08:49 AM
Guess I'll have to wait the extra 5 seconds for loading screen. Darn.

TheBiznessTZ
06-11-2015, 08:56 AM

Hi Aussie, I get a lil confused on these things cause im such a horrible and bad ranger. To clarify as an example are you talking about Lite clearly running a client in the background at character select screen? http://i.imgur.com/uruYbGP.png

If you look on the left side corner of the screen you can see the character select screen sky. When can we expect the staff to start punishing these offenders?
so lite.....
http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/2015-03/13/14/enhanced/webdr06/enhanced-8190-1426272769-1.jpg

Uuruk
06-11-2015, 09:01 AM
That is probably the saddest and most cringe worthy screenshot I have seen in a while.

Macdeth
06-11-2015, 09:35 AM
... Jeremy (quido) ... can't play sports irl, and loves Bob Dylan music more than anything ...

Sounds pretty cool and normal to me.

Kraz
06-11-2015, 10:44 AM
Holy fuckin cry babies. GM pweas ban all pepls oks? dem me hapee. Goog jub gm.

Uuruk
06-11-2015, 11:12 AM
The fact that they haven't been enforcing it is such a fucking joke it's sad. They knew players had 2 accounts logged in at same time and looked the other way.

Uuruk
06-11-2015, 11:13 AM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197333

Slathar
06-11-2015, 11:16 AM
Hi Aussie, I get a lil confused on these things cause im such a horrible and bad ranger. To clarify as an example are you talking about Lite clearly running a client in the background at character select screen? http://i.imgur.com/uruYbGP.png

If you look on the left side corner of the screen you can see the character select screen sky. When can we expect the staff to start punishing these offenders?
so lite.....
http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/2015-03/13/14/enhanced/webdr06/enhanced-8190-1426272769-1.jpg

can you prove its not the character select screen of another eq emulator or the blue server? no?

time to get mad on the internet then i guess

Malevz
06-11-2015, 11:16 AM

Doing good work up there!

TacoSmasher
06-11-2015, 11:17 AM
can you prove its not the character select screen of another eq emulator or the blue server? no?

This is what your guildmates do every day on these forums.

LOL Trolled!

Malevz
06-11-2015, 11:20 AM
agatha is two boxing scum who repeatedly abused this. why arent we banning rule breaking players that are cancer for this community. not sure where this "brother" came from but i remeber you specifically mentioning you were an only child on good guys TS the other week.

agatha instructed me and several other guildies to get ip exemptions for our multiple accounts so we can a use this method described in OP to more effectively zerg empire. it seemed questionable and i am a player with integrity so i did not follow his instructions.

haha, this just got interesting. Pras the Taco

heartbrand
06-11-2015, 11:28 AM
how will this ever be enforced

Nirgon
06-11-2015, 11:54 AM
good thread

more of this + sweeping checks for people boxing (plane of sky) pls

automated software is gr8 and all but you cannot replace the 2 box test given in person by a GM

This is how the Uthgaard DAoC kept its streets clean of FILTH

Tradesonred
06-11-2015, 01:04 PM

What uuruk said

Welcome to 3 years ago

People who dont have "brothers and sisters" have to risk putting shit on the ground, cant log the druid in for ports, People like Lite and Brainz obviously boxing for years over VPNs, etc, etc... either allow boxing or dont.

erog84
06-11-2015, 02:41 PM
What uuruk said

Welcome to 3 years ago

People who dont have "brothers and sisters" have to risk putting shit on the ground, cant log the druid in for ports, People like Lite and Brainz obviously boxing for years over VPNs, etc, etc... either allow boxing or dont.

This. I would take a guess that over 80% of the people that I have known to get IP Exemptions were using them to box. I can understand the " we need proof ", but sometimes it is just so OBVIOUS certain people are just bad for the server/obviously cheating, that the just need to ban those people regardless. Perma ban that is :)

JayN
06-11-2015, 02:54 PM
Great PSA from Aussie, but unfortunately thats all it is; I dont see them enforcing anything like this anytime soon

Symbioticforks
06-11-2015, 06:55 PM

It would be alot easier for Lite to prove that it isn't.

That's just a screenshot from a recorded video. (that was soon after taken down might I add)

Someone of Lite's incontestable e-honour should have no problem uploading video evidence of his innocence.

TheBiznessTZ
06-11-2015, 07:58 PM
It would be alot easier for Lite to prove that it isn't.

That's just a screenshot from a recorded video. (that was soon after taken down might I add)

Someone of Lite's incontestable e-honour should have no problem uploading video evidence of his innocence.

You must be new here slathar.. You know that with the log policy on p99 is that you're guilty until proven innocent and the burden for providing facts / innocence is on the person being accused. Welcome to P99 pal.

Drakaris
06-11-2015, 08:04 PM
What uuruk said

Welcome to 3 years ago

The irony of this is Agatha was accused of boxing and not actually having a brother... then one day the staff found out he was actually telling the truth... be careful who you accuse :)

Slathar
06-11-2015, 09:38 PM
You must be new here slathar.. You know that with the log policy on p99 is that you're guilty until proven innocent and the burden for providing facts / innocence is on the person being accused. Welcome to P99 pal.

cringe

Lev_Mer
06-11-2015, 09:42 PM
dont make slathar cringe =\

Syft-X
06-11-2015, 11:40 PM

No those are the old rules, the new rules are be friends with __________ and all rules are optional. If you are not friends with __________ your petitions will go unanswered for months, while friends of _________ can be skyped for an immediate response. If you are friends with _________ no evidence regarding any "Alleged" rule offense will be deemed sufficient for punishment. Those who aren't friends with ________ will be banned with little to no evidence provided.

I'll let you fill in the blanks.

fiegi 8.0
06-11-2015, 11:47 PM
redjamz

Modus
06-12-2015, 01:01 AM

Make all IP exemptions public knowledge, along with all characters on aforementioned accounts...

Grimjaw
06-12-2015, 01:26 AM
Banned

YES!!!!!!

Nirgon
06-12-2015, 03:23 AM
No those are the old rules, the new rules are be friends with __________ and all rules are optional. If you are not friends with __________ your petitions will go unanswered for months, while friends of _________ can be skyped for an immediate response. If you are friends with _________ no evidence regarding any "Alleged" rule offense will be deemed sufficient for punishment. Those who aren't friends with ________ will be banned with little to no evidence provided.

Wow don't care

Syft-X
06-12-2015, 03:51 AM
Wow don't care

Stop following me around then, when I want the opinion of a butthurt sup par bluebie who gates at the sight of me, I'll say "Hey Smurf"

But so far the only thing that makes you relevant on this server is your willingness to deepthroat and rimjob, and your inability to stfu.

Buhbuh
06-12-2015, 04:22 AM

my adlibs would have been 'Doublebaconcheeseburgermeal' for all of those spaces

SHOWITME
06-12-2015, 05:50 AM
The irony of this is Agatha was accused of boxing and not actually having a brother... then one day the staff found out he was actually telling the truth... be careful who you accuse :)

i still dont believe agatha and jupe are two different people

derpcake
06-12-2015, 09:11 AM
overdue

Uuruk
06-12-2015, 09:24 AM
http://i.imgur.com/am45p83.png

derpcake
06-12-2015, 09:54 AM

Never, its simply not going to happen.

"yea my brother just logged out, he was late for work. He asked me to come assist for pvp so I took over"

I've reported a boxer at frenzy in guk several times, couldn't really miss it, the guy never got acted on. I stopped wasting my time on such reports, its hard enough to compete with cheaters as is.

cr0ss
06-12-2015, 10:01 AM

This

heartbrand
06-12-2015, 10:08 AM
I just don't know how this is possible to monitor / enforce. Someone logging out and back in too quickly? They going to use a stop watch? How long is long enough for it to seem as though they waited? Sometimes when I plug it takes only 30 seconds for IP to clear other times it takes 2-3 minutes. Is there a way to see how many comps @ are char select? What if it's on a laptop the other one? How do they know it's not actually your brother who the IP exemp was for?

If they can't catch Lite 5 boxing for years in Sky how will they catch this?

derpcake
06-12-2015, 10:10 AM
At this point I strongly feel boxing should be allowed, unless its worked on harder ingame.

Not too long ago I won a 1v2 vs a raid geared rogue and cleric, managing to YT the cleric and gate from the rogue.

Of course the cleric being autofollow on the rogue, followed by /q'ing at seb entrance while he tried to attack me on the rogue made that pretty easy.

Thx bumble

Gardur
06-12-2015, 10:45 AM
Boxing is cool with me.

Easier to kill boxed support classes.

Silent
06-12-2015, 11:06 AM
One thing I noticed a long time ago, maybe about 1 1/2 years ago. I was playing alone, we had IP exemptions on some accounts and i had to plug my monk in PVP and knew my brothers paladin was right there full hp/buffed ready to fight, I instantly logged him in and didn't even realize it. but within 2 minutes I got a message from a GM warning me I just did that fast-kick thing whatever to get around ip exemption/blocks or whatever. Didn't even realize it was a thing because I figured I plugged and it took me about ~45 seconds to load EQ back up and get to server select and load in with no IP block message. So when I got that message I Still didn't really understand because I didn't 'kick' myself off instantly, the character was still plugged but I guess it was almost considered illegal because I swapped instantly to another char which normally it would have popped up saying active IP in use or whatever.

Then I really started noticing those people who would /q or go linkdead and be out of game in like 5 seconds or less and be on another toon almost instantly. But yaw true story, Sirken/Zade thought I was fake and I think one time Zade got in teamspeak to resolve something with agatha and I chatted him up and he said something like "i really had no idea Jupe was your real brother" or something along those lines.

as far as this slander/trolling goes below:

Just plain fake as fuck, literally you been on agathas nuts for months now trying to slander and say anything you can. dunno if mad, jealous, both or what. No one from GG has encouraged players to get ip exemptions to box nor to 'more effectively' zerg empire. We don't need to first of all, beating empire just fine already as is. Also flawed troll attempt in the fact that over half of the GG guild are new players and do not have more then 1 character, let alone accounts. gday try again in another thread maybe

Colgate
06-12-2015, 11:09 AM
and not a single word was read of that drug-induced rant

Drakaris
06-12-2015, 11:09 AM
i still dont believe agatha and jupe are two different people

Lol I do! You should hear them argue and talk over each other in teamspeak ;)

Uuruk
06-12-2015, 11:20 AM
I was also instructed to get an ip exemption to take advantage of this by agatha.

heartbrand
06-12-2015, 11:21 AM

Kergan
06-12-2015, 01:16 PM
My prediction:

At least 10 threads in the next two weeks with someone accusing another person of this truly heinous act of logging in faster and calling for a ban.

Silent
06-12-2015, 03:56 PM

So funny, everything I post colgate is all over my dick jealous as fuck but isn't he sitting at the top of the empire being a white knight? why so mad? or you just pissed off cuz u know its all true. Then u got loyal hb probably having colgate link every single post he makes for hb to quote it and repost to get +aimchat points.

Colgate always been threatened by me, figures. younglin has to try n prove himself, hence his sig always having bs fluffed up stories about the grandmaster/nizzar etc like he accomplished anything.

Colgate
06-12-2015, 04:00 PM
drugs

Fame
06-12-2015, 04:45 PM
if you feel accmomplished on eq, log off

Mosti Cando
06-12-2015, 05:56 PM
God I luv... hard... Aussies.

:eek:

Modus
06-12-2015, 07:20 PM
So funny, everything I post colgate is all over my dick jealous as fuck but isn't he sitting at the top of the empire being a white knight? why so mad? or you just pissed off cuz u know its all true. Then u got loyal hb probably having colgate link every single post he makes for hb to quote it and repost to get +aimchat points.

Colgate always been threatened by me, figures. younglin has to try n prove himself, hence his sig always having bs fluffed up stories about the grandmaster/nizzar etc like he accomplished anything.

Yikes.

Uuruk
06-12-2015, 07:29 PM
drugs

Haynar
06-12-2015, 07:40 PM
My plan is to YT the pluggers.

And I can fix the sitting at char select, and get on fast, issue too.

H

Fame
06-12-2015, 07:42 PM

H

pras

iruinedyourday
06-12-2015, 08:03 PM

H

cowardly dog?

o man, I miss that message.

Uuruk
06-12-2015, 08:10 PM

H
Lol pras this. KC pvp going to be a lot better.