PDA

View Full Version : Mage Research Spell Components Question

tinkertailor15
06-09-2015, 06:46 PM
Hi Everyone,

My question concerns and what the wiki states about research only pet spell components.

I'll use the level 24 and 29 water pet spells as an example. At level 24 it looks like Summoning Water needs Words of Dimension, Ice of Velious and Lesser Summoning Water (the vendor purchased spell). For the 29 Greater Summoning Water the components are Words of Coercion, Flame of Vox, and Summoning Water (the researched spell for level 24).

What I want to confirm is that the level 29 pet spell really has the level 24 spell as one of it's components and there are two combines involved for the level 29 spell (the level 24 spell followed by the level 29).

If that's the case, I noticed the pattern crops up repeatedly through level 49, with the 49 water pet (for instance) requiring two lesser-level spell combines and a total of nine components.

Thanks!

bullproofmonk
06-09-2015, 07:09 PM
Yep, that is indeed the case. Mage research sucks!

ko37qtl
06-09-2015, 07:19 PM
I suppose it's the cost of having the best pets around. I console myself with this every spell rank.

dafier
06-10-2015, 09:58 AM
I spent hundreds of PP (all grinded and saved up) on my research skill. I also searched high and low for my research components.

Mage research is the worst research due to the 'Word' drop rate and specific location of drops. However on this server all you have to do is go to a zone where it does drop and /auction WTB Words of XX.

Hang in there...I did and it paid off.

tinkertailor15
06-11-2015, 08:06 AM
Gang, thanks for the feedback!

Re: finding the right words, do you think some zones drop certain words at a higher rate? I thought it was supposed to be random, but last night I found 4 Words of Dimension on the Grobb vendor nearest the zone-in. I figure they came from Guk. Prior to that I very frequently looked at vendors in E. Karana, Oasis, Lavastorm, West Commons, various cities, and never found those words. A friend in Guk looted one that same night.

Halius
06-11-2015, 10:10 AM
I hope that is the case. And if it is, then I would love for someone to point me in the right direction of some Words of Convocation.

dafier
06-11-2015, 01:20 PM
Convocation drops in Dreadlands.

Eredhel
06-11-2015, 01:50 PM
http://everquest.allakhazam.com has mob drop lists for research stuff. No clue how accurate it is but I'll explore it when the time comes.

Sampten
06-18-2015, 12:21 PM
I keep stock of a lot of words and make pets to order.

Shoot me a PM or tell in game to Sampten, Nalamr, or Ferali.