PDA

View Full Version : New To Red And Loving It

Vaelsek
06-09-2015, 10:51 AM
Hello All,

I just left blue where I played a wizard main along with a bunch of alts, but I have wanted to try out red for a bit so here I am. I played on a live pvp server back in 2001 for a few months, but I am definitely still a newb in pvp here. I typically have played wizard or cleric as my mains on different Everquest servers over time, but I did not want to roll wizard again after playing it on blue.

Anyway, I made a Bertox Gnome Cleric named Olix and the community here on red seems awesome so far. Someone already helped me randomly and I am thinking I should have started here a long time ago. I will be leveling up pretty slowly as I like adventuring around and I am looking forward to grouping and seeing everyone on the battlefield.

Smedy
06-09-2015, 10:53 AM
Hail,

good pick going with gnome, welcome

Malevz
06-09-2015, 11:19 AM
If you want some advice, there are a lot of really cool people on red99, and a few assholes, like any server. Don't let the assholes get to you ;)

Swish
06-09-2015, 11:37 AM
pras Olix, hope you're settling in well... if anyone kills you, just dust yourself down and carry on. I think we lose a few too many after they die the first time to pvp.

Personally I think it's a good idea to keep a good rep with as many clerics as possible.

Nirgon
06-09-2015, 11:52 AM
Great choice

Send me a tell in game if you need a bind or advice

Vaelsek
06-09-2015, 03:37 PM
Thanks everybody. I just remember in 2001 getting spam killed at my newbie bind point and attacked by level 40s in newb zones on pvp and that's what made me leave EQ pvp initially. It seems like a much better system here on red with LnS and rules to stop spam kills.

B4EQWASCOOL
06-09-2015, 06:18 PM
Deleveled twinks. These people are the bullies in school who had no friends and aren't going anywhere. Remember that they don't have the courage to level up. So, even if they grief you, it can't last long. 8)

You will die to a few of them.

Malevz
06-09-2015, 06:26 PM
Deleveled twinks. These people are the bullies in school who had no friends and aren't going anywhere. Remember that they don't have the courage to level up. So, even if they grief you, it can't last long. 8)

You will die to a few of them.

Most of them are lazy too, they will haunt one zone like CB, unrest and mistmoore, being optimal level to harass people there, but never leave. You really only see them when you choose the most common leveling places.

RaptorDisaster
06-10-2015, 02:32 PM
I play a little on red (only level 32). I agree that it's a great server other than the fact that zones are dead at certain times, and as a cleric I needs me some people to group with. I usually solo on blue while checking for groups on red.

In Spyt of that, there's nothing else that comes to mind.

RoguePhantom
06-10-2015, 04:16 PM
word 2 the wise: don't trust any swedes.

Truth.